Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TS v6.03 Install Issues
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
derkoth the disgruntled
I've tried a couple of times to get this to work. It's on a clean installation of BG2-ToB.

Issue 1:

Your REQUIRE_FILE string wouldn't let me start my installation, even though I had both the latest TOB patch and the Baldurdash WeiDU fixes installed. I kind of fixed this problem by deleting the string from the TP2 file. That's not ideal, I'm sure, though.

Issue 2:

Installing TS6.03 doesn't work, and gives the following error...

Copying 1 file ...
[TS/music/MxKachi/MxKachiA.acm] loaded, 2112394 bytes
ERROR: COPY ~TS/music/MxKachi/MxKachiA.acm~ ~music/MxKachi~ FAILED: cannot open target
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: Sys_error("music/MxKachi: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-TS.DEBUG to Vlad & Domi

There really is such a file, since I can find it in the TS folder. I've tried redownloading the .rar file and re-extracting it, but the same error occurs. Any advice? NEJ2 worked perfectly well, incidentally, after I removed the same REQUIRE_FILE string...
Thanks
Vlad
Well, what can I say? REQUIRE_FILE means the mod REQUIRES FILE and nothing else if you read English. If you don't have this file in your installation it means you don't have the required installation of SoA-ToB-Baldurdash to install and play TS. It's so simple, isn't it?

P.S. I think we are talking about MUSICLIST.IDS
Vlad
P.P.S.

Baldurdash WeiDU fixes

Please read this topic:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=1072

It also regards to TS installation. WeiDU version of Baldurdash fixes is not compatible with my mods. Please download and install the original version of Baldurdash prior to installation of TS and NeJ.
derkoth the disgruntled
Thanks for the explanation, Vlad. While I'm sure you get tired of dumb-ass installation questions, I do think this particular question could have been pre-empted by a note in the ReadMe. Since it's generally the case that WeiDU mods work together, exceptions to this may need pointed out, especially since you mention in the FAQ that TS, as a WeiDU mod, should play well with others.

And I've heard of MUSICLIST.IDS issues. I guess I'll dig around for more info.

Regards,

DtD
Vlad
DtD, to my great sorrow WeiDU version of Baldurdash has nothing to do with "WeiDU mods work together". There are several issues which have not been resolved yet since Japheth released his first version. TS should work with other WeiDU mods which do not mess with TS modified files. My major concern is animations though but could be dialogue problems as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.