Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ulcaster, Tilorn, and the stripping of weapons
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
andargor
A few quick questions about Tilorn stripping equipment off the party during the teleport to Halruaa.

He says that no weapons are allowed, and to stow them "somewhere safe", presumably in the tunnels underneath the ruins. I've tried to figure out what is acceptable to bring and what is not, and I'm somewhat perplexed.

I tried to having him bring us to Halruaa without dropping anything. Sure enough, all weapons, helmets and armor were stripped, even if not equipped. It even went as far as stripping them from a Bag of Holding.

Are these items lost forever, or have they just been dropped in Ulcaster?

This might be a bug, but some things were not stripped, such as the Messenger of Sseth, and arrows. Some daggers were not stripped as well. And the Fighting Gauntlets. Is this normal?

I'm just asking before I get into trouble in Halruaa. smile.gif

Andargor
Vlad
Only very special weapons which can be hidden are not stripped such as Melora's short sword, that bow you mentioned, also some daggers and staffs. If you don't follow Tilorn's instructions and leave your weapons there then Tilorn takes them all. As you cannot pickpocket him the only option is to assassinate him which is really a bad idea. Gauntlets are not considered weapons.
andargor
QUOTE(Vlad)

Only very special weapons which can be hidden are not stripped such as Melora's short sword, that bow you mentioned, also some daggers and staffs.

And in a Bag of Holding, they are not hidden? biggrin.gif Ok, you're the DM...

QUOTE(Vlad)

If you don't follow Tilorn's instructions and leave your weapons there then Tilorn takes them all. As you cannot pickpocket him the only option is to assassinate him which is really a bad idea.

In future releases, perhaps a dialog option for Tilorn to get the party's equipment back could be added? It's just that hauling around so much stuff, you're bound to forget a few things.

Andargor
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.