Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few issues
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
andargor
Hi,

First, thanks for the hard work. I've been enjoying NeJ for a couple of days now. There are a few issues I would like to highlight. And I'm also stuck without knowing where to go.

Here goes:
  • I thought it was a brand new mod, and not a modified IWD import. The README is in the mod download itself (it should be posted here, or did I miss it?), but unless I'm blind it does not mention this fact. It would have been good to know.
  • On Yxunomei's level (TT4005), I was not able to get back to the previous level (CTD when taking the stairs back). I know Vlad said forget CLUA in another post, but I used it to get back up one level (TT4004). I could get out fine after that. I tried with a previous save game and entered Yxunomei's level, and exited right away, which would CTD as well. So it's nothing that happens on that level which makes it crash.
  • In the Severed Hand, killing all of Kaylessa's warriors did not make her dialogue change, nor was XP received. I had to kill her without her asking me to.
  • I saw some posts about Larrel's dialogue, and I also found it confusing. Hrothgar would interject at whatever option I chose between Kuldahar and the future. I did not see Dorn's Deep as an option. My biggest beef was that all conversations from that point on were railroaded towards getting back to the future, with no "Don't worry Hrothgar, I'm just checking my options at this point. We're here to help you" branch available, and no way to exit the conversation. Also, with Larrel, there were no "Larrel, let's not travel right now, I have to consider what I am going to do carefully" branch. So there was no way to back out. I had to reload a few times to get the options I wanted, and even then the result was... confusing.
  • This is where I am stuck: it seems I have no other option at this point to take the portal in Kuldahar or use the Astrolabe. Both of these take me to a point where Tilorn and three other mages confer over my failing life. Tilorn casts a spell, and the game CTDs. I have heard mention of an "Orrick", but I do not know who that is...
  • When the party returned from the Hand to Kuldahar, I entered in Urnst the Potter's shop. My party immediately attacked him. Normal?
That's it. I'll try to figure out why I'm stuck...

Andargor
Golden Thief
I just wanted to add here that I also have the TT4005 error in my game. And the only way out is to clue up to TT4004 still.

Just to let you know Andargor you don't get to go to Dorn's Deep right now so go back to the future and continue on, your at the end of the first part of the past.
andargor
Thanks, I'm back in Kuldahar, and found Orrick (doh!). Gave him the Mythal book, and that's completed. Good thing I decided to buy it, just in case. smile.gif

So now the only step left is the portal, which crashes the game. sad.gif

I should mention that I've installed other Ease of Use mods, other than those installed by NeJ:

- Unlimited stacking
- Unnerfed THAC0 tables
- Rest anywhere
- Unlimited Bag of Holding

Andargor
Golden Thief
The game crashes when you take the poral now? That is odd. I haven't had that.

I have had all you list as extras except rest any where and have not had a problem with anything.

On the portal crash does before you get the cut scene or after?

Oh one other thing---do you have just NEJ install or TS also at this time?
andargor
I don't have any other mods installed. Following the bug on Yxunomei's level, I did a full clean reinstall, so just SoA+ToB+ToB Patch+Baldurash 1.12+NeJ42b+NeJ60b and the EoU mods I mentioned.

Come to think of it, I also installed the Baldurash Game Text fix 1.2, but I wonder why that would prevent anything...

Andargor
andargor
Aha! I managed to get to the dream (Candlekeep).

A symptom that may help to track this down: I had noticed that the game crashed just before getting to Candlekeep, when Tilorn and the other mages were discussing.

After a few tries, I noticed that the crash would occur at a specific time, and not after a specific dialog. Whether I waited to read the text, or if I went quicker, whitin about 10 seconds the game would crash.

So what I did is power click through the dialogs within a couple of seconds, and I got to a "resting" screen just before getting to Candlekeep. So I got there ok, finally.

I know Golden Thief said he had the Rest Anywhere EoU mod installed like I did, but it still might be related to that.

HTH,

Andargor
Vlad
Yes, I confirm the CTD when leaving TT4005. The exit (trigger) name in this TT4005.ARE file was somehow corrupted during multiple compressions and decompressions. Now it looks like:

Entrance name: FR40¯; (offset 0x2dfc)

If you know how to use NI, you may easily change it to:

Entrance name: FR4005 (offset 0x2dfc)

Thank you GT and andargor for this report. Other problems mentioned above I cannot confirm for now.
andargor
I'll be adding bits and pieces as I go...

Another bug is speaking with Xan in Halruaa after completing the Bartelemy quest. I had not done the Enchantment test before that. When I talked to him, the reply to "When will all these test end" (or the like), was "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS".

Andargor
Vlad
When the party returned from the Hand to Kuldahar, I entered in Urnst the Potter's shop. My party immediately attacked him.

How did you enter his shop if it's locked?
andargor
Hmm, it wasn't locked. Let me see if I have the save game and try it again.

Andargor
Vlad
Yes, I've checked it's not Urnst's shop is locked by Hjolder's cabin where HoW starts. Okay I'll check his script why he is going hostile. Thanks.
andargor
A couple more:

- In the second time in Irenicus' dungeon, before going to Athkatla, Imoen's banter goes to the effect "It's so cold here... stamping feet in the snow". Erm. smile.gif

- This has been mentioned before: the chapter narratives are speeded up to chipmunk speed as soon as Irenicus' dungeon is exited. "Engines 1/3!... Engines 2/3!... Flank Speed!... 3/4 Impulse!... Warp 9.8!... Ridiculous Speed!... Chipmunk Speed!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist) smile.gif

- In Halruaa, the shelves in Lavallin's shop and the museum paintings sure have strange descriptions. "I said leave the lady alone!". For that matter, I saw several "lines" like this as item descriptions while browsing with SK. Probably some strrefs gone awry.

Andargor
Vlad
- In the second time in Irenicus' dungeon, before going to Athkatla, Imoen's banter goes to the effect "It's so cold here... stamping feet in the snow". Erm.

First, the timer for this banter is setup for TWO_DAYS. It means you returned to Irenicus' dungeon in two-three days? Is it possible?

Second this banter won't take place in areas other than:

OR(7)
AreaCheck("TT1000")
AreaCheck("TT1200")
AreaCheck("TT2000")
AreaCheck("TT2001")
AreaCheck("TT3000")
AreaCheck("TT3600")
AreaCheck("TT4000")

So far I cannot confirm this problem.

- In Halruaa, the shelves in Lavallin's shop and the museum paintings sure have strange descriptions. "I said leave the lady alone!". For that matter, I saw several "lines" like this as item descriptions while browsing with SK. Probably some strrefs gone awry.

Yes, thank you for this report, it has been already fixed in the latest patch v6.0a.

- This has been mentioned before: the chapter narratives are speeded up to chipmunk speed as soon as Irenicus' dungeon is exited. "Engines 1/3!... Engines 2/3!... Flank Speed!... 3/4 Impulse!... Warp 9.8!... Ridiculous Speed!... Chipmunk Speed!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Well, I have watched this movie so many times that decided to speed it up a little bit. biggrin.gif Seriously, I didn't touch it, it was a well-known bug of BioWare long before I made NeJ.
andargor

First, the timer for this banter is setup for TWO_DAYS. It means you returned to Irenicus' dungeon in two-three days? Is it possible?

I'd have to go back and look how long it took. I don't rest very often, so I guess it might be possible...

Yes, thank you for this report, it has been already fixed in the latest patch v6.0a.

Interesting, I was using 6.0b...

Andargor
Vlad
6.0a is after 6.0b
andargor
Ah, you are working backwards from Z? wink.gif

Probably a good thing to mention in the 6.0b patch, I was under the impression I had the latest one.

Andargor
Vlad
Ah, you are working backwards from Z?

It's my nature. laugh.gif

*b* was beta, *a* is pre-release. smile.gif
King Diamond
2Vlad
May be you already know that...

I noticed that MLI2CA.bam in the corresponding animation BAM set belongs to Lizard King animation, not to green Lizardmen.

And can you tell me what else is wrong with BDash-WeiDU beside CLASS.ids issue?
I really can't imagine how it can interfere with NEJ or TS.... smile.gif
Vlad
I really can't imagine how it can interfere with NEJ or TS...

KD, let's start from the fact that people who installed this version of Baldurdash along with my mods reported several problems and once they removed the whole game, and then reinstalled the original v1.12 + TS and/or NeJ according to my recommendations all the related problems have gone. Second, I have never tried to install BDash-WeiDU again after Rene released his first version. Third, I made all my mods on top of original Baldurdash, and I assumed that several files from original Baldurdash would be located in the override folder during installation of TS and NeJ. Eventually, if someone wants to meticulously test compatibility of my mods with BDash-WeiDU and decipher all the related problems this is really up to him/her. Personally I don't see any advantage in converting original Baldurdash to WeiDU. The same approach solicits making the next step and converting the official ToB patch to WeiDU, why don't?

I noticed that MLI2CA.bam in the corresponding animation BAM set belongs to Lizard King animation, not to green Lizardmen.

It's not usable, you may delete it. Green lizardmen don't cast spells, at least in TS and NeJ smile.gif .
King Diamond
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 2 2005, 08:51 AM)
Personally I don't see any advantage in converting original Baldurdash to WeiDU. The same approach solicits making the next step and converting the official ToB patch to WeiDU, why don't?

What is a point to make all other mod weidu-ed then? smile.gif
Vlad
What is a point to make all other mod weidu-ed then?

People think that it's cool to play one tone of mods... well, I don't share this opinion. However patches are patches and should be installed immediately after installation of the game, hence if you install ToB patch, you normally install Baldurdash prior to installation of anything else, and you don't need to touch it anymore, re-install or look for compatibility issues. By the way, there is another excellent fix pack by Extremist which I really like. But anyway, do what you like and enjoy modding! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.