Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadows of Amn / TOB?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
gruntythehalforc
I am having some installation problems and wanted to check...

Should I install Throne of Bhall or is the mod only compatible with Shadows of Amn?
Baronius
It may not work with a SoA-only install, so the installation of Throne of Bhaal is required.
gruntythehalforc
I'm still having some issues. I was unsuccessful installing the WeiDU version of tortured souls, so i installed the latest non-Weidu plus patches to a SOA plus ToB plus ToB patched new fresh installation.

I was excited to see the Start Game section reference Tortured Souls, however I'm at the exit of Irenicus' dungeon and I haven't found Kachiko and I checked in Shadowkeeper and there are no extra non-original NPC's.

I'm thinking I need to re-install. Does anyone know the location of Kachiko in the off chance I missed them?
Sir-Kill
Kachiko is located at the VERY end of Irenicus' dungeon the she will intercept you there you cant avoid her unless your party is invisable then maybe she still can.
gruntythehalforc
No luck in finding Kachiko.

So I tried from scratch. SoA + ToB + ToB patch

Create WeiDU.log

unRAR the WeiDU version into BG2-SOA directory

Run setup and get the following...

ARNING: unable to open [TS/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys_error("TS/backup/0/UNINST
ALL.0: No such file or directory")
Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.

Installing [TORTURED SOULS v6.0]
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: COPY ~TS/rules/MBAS.2DA~ ~override/MBAS.2DA~ FAILED: cannot open target
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: COPY ~TS/screens/SCRTXT09.2da~ ~override/SCRTXT09.2da~ FAILED: cannot ope
n target

ERROR Installing [TORTURED SOULS v6.0], rolling back to previous state
ERROR: error loading [TS/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0]
Error Uninstalling [SETUP-TS.TP2] component 0:
Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "TS/backup/0/UNINSTALL.0")
ERROR: Sys_error("TS/backup/0/SCRTXT09.2da: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-TS.DEBUG to Vlad & Domi
klane
I had the same problem so i went into the TS override folder and selected the edit option. Chose select all and did a copy/paste into the main BGII override folder.
Just to be sure i did the same to the music and area folders and everything worked after that. Hope this helps.
Vlad
Thanks for this report. I see that no files have been copied into your override so you didn't installed core TS but just the optional components. That is why there is no Kachiko there. Let's repeat the installation:

1. SoA (english version?)
2. ToB
3. Official ToB latest patch
4. Baldurdash 1.12 (latest) for ToB
5. TS 6.02 (install directly into your BGII main installation folder).

Other good option would be to dicard this installation and install v5.5 or even 5.01 (+patches 5.03, 5.04, and 5.05) which is not WeiDU though but has been thoroughly tested.
NiGHTMARE
I don't know about the second reported error, but the first one is simple enough: WeiDU mods are supposed to have a directory called "backup" in the mod's folder (e.g. "/BG2/TS/backup"), but many compression programs will only save a folder if there's at least one file in it, which is why WeiDU mods generally come with a dummy file in this folder. It sounds like TS doesn't come with such a dummy file.
Vlad
Nick, you are right, I had no idea that there should be something inside this dummy backup folder. I had no problem with this before. NeJ2 installs fine, without any problem, so I think the real problem here is installing TS over other WeiDU mods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.