Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stuck in the mausoleum
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
larrienne
I have killed the shade lich and other undead...collected the body but the door has failed to open. This happened in previous version so please, is it still a bug or have you testers out there managed to successfully leave this place?
I tried CLUA. move to area TT0066 to get us out but then Ezekiel informs me we have failed, even though we have the body.
If this is my installation prob. then my group are doomed to spend eternity in this dank place with a decomposing mage's body stinking out my backpack. wacko.gif So please, any feed back here would be appreciated.
DesertRanger
What is the value of your VP_Necro_Test variable?

From the scripting I would suppose the quest goes like this:
- get the body, go out without tiggering the lich, Ezekiel will be happy
VP_Necro_Test 1.

- if you tigger the lich by opening one of the other tombs (VP_Necro_Test will change to 3), the door locks.
Killing the lich will change the VP_Necro_Test to 4 and should trigger the guards unlocking the door.
This should change VP_Necro_Test to 5 and this value should trigger a cutscene in which Ezekiel teleports the party out, but he is pissed and you can´t succeed the quest.

In short if you plunder the other tombs you won´t be able to solve the quest.
You can set the VP_Necro_Test var to 1 and clua to Ezekiel to get the reward.

Hope that helps
Golden Thief
You can do it but you must do it properly.

It is what Vlad told cheesberries.

You first must defeat the undead do not touch the tombs until you do so.

Then unlock and untrap the tombs but do not loot them.

After that then hide your thief and loot tombs. thief must stay hiden while looting tombs or it does not work. I have done it with only hide in the shadows but Vlad suggested to use improved invisiblity.

If you trigger lich start over.
larrienne
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Sep 1 2005, 10:10 PM)

After that then hide your thief and loot tombs. thief must stay hiden while looting tombs or it does not work. I have done it with only hide in the shadows but Vlad suggested to use improved invisiblity.

If you trigger lich start over.

Thanks GT. I was using invisibility and Melora would become visisble when she opened the tomb that must be why the lich kept triggering,
I didn't have improved invisibility memorised so it was re-load and memorise. (I also completely forgot about items that grant that spell). I have successfully completed this quest on my first run through Halruaa with Melora invisible, hasted and protected from undead, so I wasn't expecting this sort of problem...that'll teach me not to be too complacent in future. biggrin.gif

DesertRanger,
- if you tigger the lich by opening one of the other tombs (VP_Necro_Test will change to 3), the door locks.
Killing the lich will change the VP_Necro_Test to 4 and should trigger the guards unlocking the door.
This should change VP_Necro_Test to 5 and this value should trigger a cutscene in which Ezekiel teleports the party out, but he is pissed and you can´t succeed the quest.

I checked variable and VP_Necro_test was 5 but no guards unlocked the door, nor did Ezekiel teleport us out, so I guess that party is staying put. Thank goodness for the re-load button. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.