Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laughing/talking book cases...
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
larrienne
I know Vlad is away but thought I'd post to see if anyone else sees the text when clicking on the bookcases in Lavallin's room:
(*Laughs*) A wise precaution in deed Lorien. (Lorien being CHARNAME/main character in my game).
Talking bookcases?! ohmy.gif

Also on opening Lavallin's chest when searching for Bartlemy's ring, mages teleport in, attack the party and the following text appears:
*A Ring of Might.
I was not prepared for what I was to meet when I finally encountered Delrysia...etc...etc*
This chest should contain a letter for Bartlemy from Delrysia. Without this letter, the quest cannot be continued. Nor may any other quests as killing these mages turns the academy hostile towards my party
Please, I would like to know if anyone else has this happen so's I can eliminate the possibility of it being specific to my game. Thanks guys. cool.gif
cheeseberries
In my game, the bookcases give text when clicking on them, just like in the picture room. And yes, they made refferences to charname. I wondered about these also.

I found the letter in Lavillen's desk and did not have mages teleport in.

Two possible reasons my game is different than yours are:

1.When I played through Halruaa I did not have the cumulative patch (v60) installed, but rather the several individual patches(v50)

2.I found the Delrysia letter before I was "supposed" to, ie before talking to Bartlemy(right after Lavillin gives the quest). You have to move fast after Lavallin teleports away to do that.

P.S. Did the v60 patch work for anybody? The only post about it says it doesn't work.
larrienne
Thanks for the feedback cheeseberries.
P.S. Did the v60 patch work for anybody? The only post about it says it doesn't work.

I am wondering if the prob is something to do with the cumulative patch or some error of mine when uninstalling the previous patches... so I can't comment on it. sad.gif
I'll be watching for feedback from anyone who has installed this patch before entering Halruaa/Lavallin's room and as to whether they encountered these bugs...or not. smile.gif
In the meantime I guess I can reload and continue with other quests, leaving the ring of might for now. Due to the waiting times for enhancing it, I thought to get it out of the way, and acquire this great artifact quickly. Not to worry, everthing eventually comes to those who wait...or so I am forever being told. biggrin.gif
Golden Thief
Yea,
I sorta asked this question twice before but no one confirmed it about the dialgue on the pics and the laughing bookcases.

I get it in both the installs I have running. One is just the individuals and the other is the v6 patch. The v6 patch I uninstalled and the reinstalled it and I was able to leave easthaven.

Neither install prevented me in getting the letter from Lavillen's desk correctly.

I have seen the text you got about the ring of might, but I can not remember where it was at the moment.

Only one question do you have all nine individual patches installed or just the v6 patch?
Golden Thief
Ask you another question.

When you unlocked the desk to get the letter was Lavallin in the room and or were you invisible while he was in the room going for the desk?

If so then look for the letter when he is not present, cause each time I do he is not in the room.
larrienne
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Aug 28 2005, 08:42 PM)

Only one question do you have all nine individual patches installed or just the v6 patch?

Hi Golden Thief.
Thanks for your feed back.
I have only the v6 patch which I installed after uninstalling all previous patches and in answer to your other question:
When you unlocked the desk to get the letter was Lavallin in the room and or were you invisible while he was in the room going for the desk?

No Lavallin was not in the room. We had returned after agreeing to help Bartlemy find his ring. So unless anyone else reports the prob with mages teleporting in and the afore mentioned text appearing, then my installation or uninstallation of patches must have caused an error. sad.gif
Golden Thief
Hi,
Ok I found the text that appear for the "Ring of Might.....etc." that text should appear in your journal, not on the screen.

I was curious about the area files and looked at them in NI. The desk does have a condition if met that a guard teleports in. Vlad did make two patches to the area when I looked at all the patch files. The file LVTable.bcs is what controls that table.

You could try and copy that file from patch 46 or from v6 to your override to see if it works, cause they look to be the same, the area is "TT0065" Vlad had one in patches 46 and 451. And I assume the one in v6 should be the one from v451.

That is if you want to monkey around, personally that is what I do sometimes to see if it works. Just odd that it didn't get copied right.

Cheers
larrienne
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Aug 28 2005, 10:17 PM)
I was curious about the area files and looked at them in NI. The desk does have a condition if met that a guard teleports in. Vlad did make two patches to the area when I looked at all the patch files. The file LVTable.bcs is what controls that table.

You could try and copy that file from patch 46 or from v6 to your override to see if it works, cause they look to be the same, the area is "TT0065" Vlad had one in patches 46 and 451. And I assume the one in v6 should be the one from v451.

That is if you want to monkey around, personally that is what I do sometimes to see if it works. Just odd that it didn't get copied right.

Cheers

I did as you suggected GT. but no change, still the mages teleported in and attacked.
I have re-loaded and did as cheeseberries... Melora grabbed the goodies before we were sent through the portal to the warren. Not the way to do it but then when needs must... biggrin.gif
Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
larrienne
Just like to say I uninstalled NeJ. and re-installed afresh with cumulative patch and all seems to be ok with Lavallin's room now... apart from the book cases which are still talking when clicked on laugh.gif
Vlad, if you get around to reading this on your return, then the texts that show when clicking on the museum pieces, as reported by cheeseberries, are dialogue snippets from *The Errant Husband* scenario. huh.gif
Vlad
I think it's okay that mages appear if you try to unlock Lavallin's table. The string should be:

~A magical ward has detected your theft! You see a guard is teleporting to this area!~

If Lavallin stands behind then:

~How dare you are to steal my stuff!~
~A magical ward has detected your theft! You see a guard is teleporting to this area!~

Also appearance of Lavallin is dependent on two factors:

1. Daytime
2. Your progress in his quest.

The strings are messed because of two reasons:

1. After update you reload the saved game where you have already visited that area.
2. I didn't properly make a WeiDU update but just copied the corrected scripts and/or areas which already contain custom strings referred to your previous dialog.tlk.

I'm working on all these issues right now. Thank you for these reports!
larrienne
I think it's okay that mages appear if you try to unlock Lavallin's table. The string should be:

Of course, however, it may prove frustrating for player trying to find where his/her next move is if he/she can not find the letter. biggrin.gif
No matter, all is well now. cool.gif

The strings are messed because of two reasons:

1. After update you reload the saved game where you have already visited that area.
2. I didn't properly make a WeiDU update but just copied the corrected scripts and/or areas which already contain custom strings referred to your previous dialog.tlk

Not sure here as the bookcases were talking before I started to mess with change over to cumulative patch.
I always make a save every time before entering any new area and would have loaded that save game after any new patch installation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.