Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adding a movie to bg2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Sir-Kill
how difficult is it to add a movie to bg. for instance the short movie when you first enter underdark. I am not asking how to create the movie just if I have a wmp file what do you have to do? convert it to what format and what tool to use for that? then I guess there are scripts that it would have to follow,,, hmmm what else? and anything else that might help. thanks.
CamDawg
Sebastian cracked a lot of the voodoo surrounding this issue and posted a pretty thorough tutorial:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=3039

I'm sure he can be summoned if there's anything not covered by the tutorial.
Valiant
I was following tutorial that SConrad posted on Gibberling3 forum, but I failed to do a MVE. movie. I created an AVI. movie, about 234 MB, unconpressed avi. format rendered in 3d studio. I did everything exactly as tutorial said, but with no luck... Don´t know where the problem is, but I catched the screenshot, so if somebody knows what to do, I´d appreciated it... THX..

So here is the screen. After this window is shown, application is closed and nothing happens. I also tried the -ns option, that should deal with movie without sound, which is my case... Same result.
Vlad
The best place to ask questions about video conversions and making videos for IE games is TeamX. Their site is available in both Russian and English.
Valiant
I have already solved the problem. You just can´t convert a movie without a sound... After sound added the converting process was flawless. How simple. biggrin.gif blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.