Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: materials editor 3dsmax
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Sir-Kill
How can I see the actual texture on the materials editor instead of the red/green circles?
igi
Open the material editor.
Click on a blank/grey sphere.
Look in the "Blin Basic Parameters" expandable panel (in the material editor).
In there, there is a "Diffuse" label with a small box next to it.
Click the box, load a texture, voila.
Do get the texture into the image, drag it from the (now textured) sphere, onto the object.

Answer provided with special thanks to Sir-Kill who told me how to.. do.. it.. at the.. weekend... and then.. posted this question...
Ooooookay.

*shrugs*
Sir-Kill
hahah no that is not what I was asking I wanted the globes on the materials editof to show the texture all I get is the green/red globes with a texture on it. I do not want to see green nor red I want to see the actual texture on it (the globes)

while I am at it.. How do you add verticies or polies to an editable mesh?
Seifer
Drag it onto the globe or failing that, take a look at the texturing tutorial.
Sir-Kill
I was looking at the user reference D'oh. but thank you.
If anyone wants to know how to do this.

only after you have picked your material.

click on this botton on the materials editor (the one with the arrow) then change the button to anything but the first botton on there. THEN drag and drop the texture on to the circles.
Sir-Kill
well now that I have that done I have a new problem. I cant use the new textures that I can see. no drag and drop. I would guess that there is another way to apply textures and there are other tex. than blinn. ug I guess Ill keep trying.
Sir-Kill
ok I figgured it out click options on the materails editor and change the green and red to white and the ambient to something lighter than black. and then you textures will look like this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.