Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pbs of Tileset
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Gwendolyne
I've got 3 pbs with IETME :

1. When I select and export a tile from un map, I can see it in Windows, but when I import it on another map, it looks black. After selecting "Transparency", it becomes invisible...
I dont understand because the first time I tries this action, it worked perfectly (2 months ago...).

2. How to know the right offsets of info regions in an ARE file to add its string with WeiDU ?

3. Where can I find the Zortiles files since TeamBG is died ?

Thank you
Sir-Kill
is the image saved in .bmp?
I make my maps with paint shop pro there is a free program that handles graphics much better than iteme called The Gimp you might want to check it out. you make your map then import the whole map then you do your height, light, and search maps along with info regions, triggers, ect. it is much easier that way. plus better zoom and blending tools.

sorry someone else will have to fill you in with WeiDU answers.

the zor tiles thanks to Hild can be found here you might have to right click and 'save as'
Gwendolyne
Yes, the image is save in bmp and I can import any tiles I want expect those I exported from IETME.

Sorry, but it is impossible to 'save as' the zor tiles file.
Sir-Kill
I have changed the zortiles to a zip you should have no problem downloading now smile.gif

As far as the exporting of tiles have you tried to reinstall ietme? I have never tried to ever export/save a tile with ietme. .... well I just made an attempt but I don't even know how it is done, I can copy a selection and paste it but not save. sad.gif
have you tried 'the gimp'?
anyone know about the weidu question?
Avenger_teambg
Ever tried DLTCEP to create wallgroups/overlays?

To find hex offsets, use NI or the IELister plugin for Total Commander (from the dltcep homepage). - You will need Total commander or something that accepts total commander plugins.
Gwendolyne
Sorry guys. I was on holidays... (ouphs)

Thank you :
Total commander works fine.
I have downloaded the zortiles.zip
I will try the gimp.

Ietme allows you either to copy and paste a tile, or to export it (*.bmp) and to import it later.
My first try was successfull, but since then it dosen't work.
And of course, I have reinstalled ietme. Unfortunately with the same bad result....
Avenger_teambg
dltcep allows the same, it lets you cut a rectangular section of tiles, and import them too.
Though the process is not dltcep's main strength, and could be a bit hidden among the other functionality.
I think there is even a tutorial.
Sir-Kill
Ah yes now I remember I did extract a tile or two with IETME, tho they were only small tiles, I tried to exrtact a large tile and it kept getting messed up that is when I switched and used psp. smile.gif

I gave it a few tries at exporting and importing tiles with IETME. the only thing that I can think of is that ctrl T says it is for tinting and exporting (theo should have at least fixed that) anyway on your preferences is tint set to black? and is the transparency method set to the old or new way?
Gwendolyne
Tint is set to black and the transparency method to the new way (not W95).
Sir-Kill
I just don't have a clue but you could try my version
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.