Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The hooded man
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
larrienne
On leaving the Copper Coronet after speaking to Govan Duvaine, I was immediately approached by *The hooded man* informing me that only through his mistress will I gain entry to the Vulova estate.
On re-load it occurred immediately after Govan dialogue had concluded, before we'd left the CC. huh.gif
To be correct, I believe this encounter should trigger when the group attempts to open the door to Vulova's estate Vlad.?
Vlad
He appears only in AR0400 after you talk to Govan. I think he followed you into CC after you reload the game. I've tried to connect him to that door but failed.
JohnTheMutt
Vlad,

My game is showing the same behaviour as Jan's. I don't see to much problem if you want to have him spawn here instead (AR0400), however, Hrothgar and the other party members started to interject and talk about the intrigue and eerie-ness of the 'Hooded man' and he hadn't even left the conversation yet.

After everyone spoke about how creepy he was, he says guards approach and then leaves. After everyone spoke about him like he wasn't there. Shouldn't he leave first and then they all talk?

Just curious, can an undetctable, non-disarmable trap be placed in front of Vulova's estate that triggers him only? Thanks.

smile.gif
Vlad
John thank you for your suggestion. The main idea of introducing that hooded person was to send a message to all players right after meeting with Govan that they should work for Bodhi in order to find Leina as soon as possible. Also there is a technical aspect of making an invisible trap in the Government District - I've tried to refrain from modifying original areas. If there is a single chance not to touch original areas then I pefer that chance. For now the better solution is just introduce minor fixes to the script of appearance of that hooded man.

[EDIT] Let's leave this minor problem for the final release meanwhile. smile.gif
JohnTheMutt
QUOTE(Vlad @ Aug 16 2005, 01:03 AM)
[EDIT] Let's leave this minor problem for the final release meanwhile.  smile.gif

I agree Vlad. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.