Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halruaa ring quest
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
cheeseberries
After speaking to Bartlemy, I travelled back to the store to speak to the guy who gave me the quest (I forget his name). Store owner tells me to go back to Bartlemy and inqire about Delrysa(sp?). Store owner then dimension doors out, leaving my party alone in the room. If the guy hadn't teleported away I would have asked him where the door is.

So, where exactly is the exit to the room? I've clicked on everything I could find. I'm stuck.

Funny thing is, the wizard was talking about wards he put on the door. I don't see a door anywhere.

Also on this quest, my dialogue with the goblin thief (pung?) seemed to be pretty wacky. Either it is intentionally strange, or I'm too stupid to understand it, or I have a mod installed that messed the dialogue up. It is probably not the latter as this is the only dialogue wierdness I've had.
Vlad
I hope you have the saved game before moving to Lavallin's store because I'm working on a fix of this quest right now.
cheeseberries
Hooray!!! It's not MY fault. I have a lot of savegames, how far should I go back?

I guess this means my current game is over.
Vlad
You may return to your saved game before meeting Lavallin for the first time. Then everything should be okay. The patch has been uploaded.
cheeseberries
I installed the patch and went back to a save prior to entering the main building in Halruaa. Everything was the same. I cannot finish the quest.

Where is the exit to the store supposed to be?

If I don't try to finish the quest (ie don't talk to Lavallin again after exiting the sewers), will I still be able to finish the Halruaa quest?
Vlad
cheeseberries, I neeed to fix the exit from his room if that what you mean... I have found a broken travel trigger, so I'll release the patch today. I think then you'll have no problems. You will return to your saved game just before entering his room for the first time...

[SPOiLER]

Once you have accepted Lavallin's quest to find his stolen things, you'll chase the thief and find him in a distant warren where you meet Bartlemy. Bartlemy will ask you to retrieve his ring from Lavallin's room. He will give you a wardstone which will lead you to sewers. In the sewers there are several encounters, one of them is with smugglers selling rithellium weapons, and another one is with a mage bying these weapons. Graeme or the mage drops the key from the secret exit (stairs) which leads directly to senior staff appartments. From there you may return to the major hall and enter Lavallin's store again. So this is basically the way between Lavallin and Bartlemy.
cheeseberries
QUOTE(Vlad @ Aug 9 2005, 05:25 AM)

.......enter Lavallin's store again.

This is where the roadblock is, after entering the store for the second time.

Could you also look at the PC's dialogue with Pung(the goblin thief). I'm not sure if it is a problem with nej, or an artefact of my install. An example of the dialogue follows:

Pung- Stick with me and you will go far <charname>.

to which I can respond:

You say the strangest things sometimes Leina.

I think perhaps Leina's dialogue is somehow meshed with pung's dialogue.

After three strange dialogues, Pung then gives a normal sounding dialogue and says something about being afraid of the master.
Vlad
Fixed. cool.gif
cheeseberries
After completing the ring quest, I went to see Lavallin. He let me see his store and I purchased some items. I exited the store, organized my new purchases, then decided I wanted to buy some scrolls. Problem is the pc cannot initiate dialogue with Lavallin. Since he no longer initiates dialogue with me Lavallin's store can only be accessed once. I guess you may have planned this though.

After getting the ring of might from Delrysa, if you talk to Bartlemy and "give" him the ring, Bartlemy then happily teleports away without attacking. The ring stays in the players invintory however. (of course, who would give it away)

After getting the ring of might from Delrysa, if you kill Bartlemy then loot his treasure chests, the Bartlemy's corpse says "YOU DARE STEAL FROM ME!" And the dead guy repeats it three times, once for each chest. This probably shouldn't be fixed though since it is funny to see an empty mage robe yell at you. smile.gif

These are minor and somewhat irrellavent. The quest can be compleated without problems.
larrienne
QUOTE(cheeseberries @ Aug 10 2005, 08:06 AM)
After completing the ring quest, I went to see Lavallin.  He let me see his store and I purchased some items.  I exited the store, organized my new purchases, then decided I wanted to buy some scrolls.  Problem is the pc cannot initiate dialogue with Lavallin.  Since he no longer initiates dialogue with me Lavallin's store can only be accessed once.  I guess you may have planned this though.

Mmmm... I'm sure I made it possible to return and speak to Lavallin if PC. wanted to make further purchases. huh.gif I'll check this one cheeseberries.
Vlad
Fixed. cool.gif

[EDIT] cb, did you enhance the ring (Lhillias --> Genevra --> Owain --> Aulay)?
cheeseberries
QUOTE(Vlad @ Aug 10 2005, 05:42 AM)
Fixed.  cool.gif

[EDIT] cb, did you enhance the ring (Lhillias --> Genevra --> Owain --> Aulay)?

Yes, I have the enhanced ring. It is really great (I love it) but, will it ever be possible to upgrade it with the necromacer component? In other words will the ring eventually be able to solidify air and shatter rock?

I looked in shadow keeper, and it seems I have the best version of the ring (all elemental components). Did you put the original ring descrion there to tease us?
larrienne
QUOTE(cheeseberries @ Aug 10 2005, 04:46 PM)
It is really great (I love it) but, will it ever be possible to upgrade it with the necromacer component?  In other words will the ring eventually be able to solidify air and shatter rock?

I looked in shadow keeper, and it seems I have the best version of the ring (all elemental components).  Did you put the original ring descrion there to tease us?

The original description is of what *true* rings of might are capable of.
(No necromatic component was ever intended in their original construction) However, as Lhillias says, "... closer examination found it was impossible to unravel the magic Bartlemy had used in his part of its construction. Without him to undo what he had done, the risk of another accident was too great..."
She then goes on to say, "... I took it upon myself to enhance it with my own elemntal magic. It is still a wonderous artifact and if you can find elementalists willing, it can be made even greater. It may not be as its makers intended, but a ring of might it still is..."

So I guess the answer is, whereas it is still an artifact worthy of the name *ring of might*, due to its messed construction in the beginning, it will never be made to match the original elementalists' ring. sad.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.