Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: some bugs along the way of nejp2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
DesertRanger
Just wanted to list some maybe-bugs I found in NEJ.
(My install has about 50 weidu-mod including tdd, sos, ctb,... so if I list a bug nobody else mentions, kindly ignore it.
I installed some of the patches along the way and some bugs might already be corrected.)

1. NEJ1 : a non valid reply or link, entering the temple where the heartstone gem was, when Hrothgar interjects after the priests speech.

2. Nej2, leaving Irenicus´dungeon: dialog ok now, but I found out my vp_hrothgar_interjects variable is still at 1, messing dialog in Ulcaster.

3. unkickable Melora?: after joining Melora, I tried to kick her out of my party, but I wasn´t able to. Don´t know if that was intended.
Changed the vp_in_halruaa var. to 0 in one of the replies to make her kickable.

4. notes on reinstalling NEJ and CtDs: my install didn´t go smooth the first time, so made a new install copying the mods´folders to the new folder. what happened after installing were Ctds in all NEJ2 areas. after long sleepless hours I found out that not all area files were installed during the new install. so if this ever happens to you, make sure you have all area files including the bmps for each area.

5. Vlad, maybe you can change the Leina line in the readme, which states "do not accept Gaelan´s offer immediately" to something like "you won´t get Leina, if ...".
Maybe that kills some of the fun, but it saves a lot of time and frustration, if one is too dump to understand the hints (like myself) and runs all over Faerun trying to find a myterious mistress, who can open that door (shame on me).

6. ring quest in Halruaa: had some problem with the vp_lavallins_plot variable.
didn´t go up to 8 (had a prob with the cuts - no area tt0046, but viewing the patchfiles this is now present, so maybe this was the problem), resulting in goblin not appearing and errors later, Lavallin not appearing, couldn´t leave Lavallins area. had to set it via NI.

Had a hard time sorting things out, but fun nonetheless,
thanks, Vlad.
Vlad
DR, thank you for your feedback. Let me refrain from any comments because in my mind 50 mods + NeJ2 is a terrible mess but as you are a modder yourself then it's really up to you to try and test this combination.

make sure you have all area files including the bmps for each area.

This is irrelevant at all because pure NeJ2 installation have no this problem.

About 5), thank you, and I'll add the needed hint to my ReadMe.

With respect to 6), I have already updated TUPUNG.DLG where this problem is fixed. Again thanks for this very valuable note.

Had a hard time sorting things out, but fun nonetheless,
thanks, Vlad.

Well, that is why it's called beta-testing. wink.gif smile.gif I really appreciate your help, and I wish you could test the sole NeJ2 game to help me evaluating NeJ2 specific (related) problems.
DesertRanger
Let me refrain from any comments because in my mind 50 mods + NeJ2 is a terrible mess but as you are a modder yourself then it's really up to you to try and test this combination.

smile.gif Somebody had to try.
Actually, the mess isn´t that big if you have a right install order (eg. don´t try to install NEJ after CtB). Everything seems to be going smoothly now. No dialog messes or any other critical things.
I gave NEJ2 a new run through yesterday night now with all patches installed and everything worked fine, despite some cutscenes (I can´t still figure out what´s wrong, but can work around it. and since nobody else mentions this it should be a problem of my install.). Seems some of my bugs are already out-dated.

Well, that is why it's called beta-testing.

laugh.gif Gaming wouldn´t be fun without problems.

I really appreciate your help, and I wish you could test the sole NeJ2 game to help me evaluating NeJ2 specific (related) problems.

I would gladly help, just waiting for you to release the IWD-be-gone-mod to go straight into NEJ2 laugh.gif
Vlad
I would gladly help, just waiting for you to release the IWD-be-gone-mod to go straight into NEJ2

Seriously, it's not necessary because I'm done with the first part. All upcoming patches will relate only to the second part so you may use your saved game after returning to Irenicus dungeon, or just before it, as you wish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.