Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No heartstone gem
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
larrienne
Yxunomei is dead. Having done this fight so many times now, she gets to last all of 10secs, hardly enough time to draw breath. biggrin.gif
However, she didn't drop the heartstone gem, nor her scimiters, in fact I can't find her body at all and the door is locked trapping us. sad.gif
I reloaded and did the fight again but the same occurred, still trapped and no gem.
The dialogue where Hrothgar speaks of the Marilith occurred ok after she went down, but no body.
I must say we were surprised by the summoner's elementals! We charged in confidently... yeh yeh done this before, piece of cake... expecting him to go down without a struggle only to be quickly overwhelmed by fire elementals. ohmy.gif
Called for a re-load and a lesson learnt to tread more warily and to expect more of the unexpected. Nice one Vlad. biggrin.gif

Please disregard the above Vlad. Not sure what was wrong, but I did another re-load and she eventually dropped the goodies. I'll keep the game saved but unless anyone else reports the same, I'll take it as a gremlin in my game/computer somewhere. biggrin.gif
Golden Thief
Hey are we playing the same game? ohmy.gif

All I got were six skeletons, piece of cake but she was tough. and dropped all the goodies.

Not that I want to meet fire elements. Just wondering if it is coded to give you different foes?
larrienne
Sorry golden thief. I was referring to the summoner on the level above, nothing to do with the battle with Yxunomei. the last couple of times I went through he had no elementals so it came as a shock to have them appear this time.

Yxunomei had only her skeletons. I have done this fight several times now and she really is easy to take out once you know how she begins her attack. The only spell my mage needed to use was breach and haste, then Hrothgar & Dar beat her to a pulp after taking a couple of strength potions whilst Accalia destroyed the skelletons with turn undead. I agree though, for first time players she can be a hard fight. smile.gif
Golden Thief
That's ok I thought I was being cheated. The summoner above hummm.???
I don't recall any fire elements. I think I have a save game for that time. I am going back there later and see what I get. I know sometimes one person tactics are a cake walk and then the next encounter is a struggle. laugh.gif cool.gif
cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.