Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quest to find leina
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
cheeseberries
She has her own quest already in Chapter 2, and to join her you shouldn't hurry to accept Gaelan's offer immediately. First talk to Samuel the bartender in FF, and accept his quest to find Leina.

I didn't accept Gaelen's offer. Right after my meeting with him I went to the bridge district and talked to Samuel. He doesn't say anything about a quest. Samuel's dialogue just has the regular links.

Is there a prerequisite to him offering the quest?
or
Is there a global I can set to begin the quest?
or
Is it o.k. to spawn her without doing the quest?
Vlad
After you talk to Gaelan Bayle and decide to collect money, his nephew Brus will accompany you to CC (or you return to the exit from Slums district on your own, it doesn't matter). Near CC there is a small boy Ikey, who will initiate the dialogue once he sees you or one of your NPCs. I guess you haven't approach CC.

[EDIT]...and please, no setting globals, no CLUAConsole, nothing which could externally affect variables.
cheeseberries
...and please, no setting globals, no CLUAConsole, nothing which could externally affect variables.

Don't worry, I didn't do anything wierd. I just didn't go to copper coronet. I had brus take me to slums exit.

Everything is o.k. now.

P.s. I did have one error when playing. Immediately after exiting Irenicus dungeon(to go to Amn) there is a cutscene where a guy with a deep voice says," Sounds of battle.....blah blah blah......last few steps...blah blah"
Anyway, the little movie before the scene when Imoen is taken away.

The scene was sped up to about 3 times the normal speed ( it sounded like a chipmunks album (it was real funny)). This didn't crash the game or anything, and it was the only bug I noticed.
Vlad
The scene was sped up to about 3 times the normal speed...

I also have noticed but thought it is artefact because I didn't touch anything related to this .2DA file.
cheeseberries
I can't finish the leina quest. I'm supposed to be looking for Govan Duvaine and I can't find him. I need a spoiler... Where is he?

I use a lot of area effects, and I'm afraid I may have killed him sad.gif
Vlad
As Samuel told you, Govan is a drunk in CC. First you should talk to him, and show him his letter to Leina you found in her room in FF upstairs. Then he'll tell you that he has nothing to do with the disappearance of Leina, and send you to talk to her father - Sir Armageran Vulova. However his estate is locked, and you cannot pick lock the door. You'll be approached later by a hooded man who tells you that his mistress could help you but you need to ally with her. Now you have an idea what to do...
cheeseberries
After finding Leina, I went to the graveyard to speak to Bohdi. Bohdi chastized me for being weak, as I allowed Leinas father to escape unharmed.

I left the graveyard and went to the FF to speak to Samuel. While speaking to Samuel, Leina says something like, "you killed my daddy...Oh boo hoo... you a big meanie.... me I never forgive you".

I didn't kill her father. Bohdi gave Leina confirmation that the Leina daddy is alive.

Why this lady say I kill daddy?
cheeseberries
I need another spoiler too...

Do I need to be at a certain lovetalk (w/Leina) before going to spellhold, or will lovetalks occur normally in the underdark?

Are there any quests which will kill the Leina romance?
Vlad
Leina's LTs have no any event connections. You may easily ruin the romance just saying something bad to her. If the romance develops fine then you'll get flirt options soon.
Golden Thief
Have a question:
I am at a point that if I talk to Bodhi again I am sent to the island or I can say I need to get some supplies.
Leina's door still is locked. Nothing has happened yet so that I can open it. It is day nine now. All I am doing now really is walking around wasting time waiting for something to happen.
I talked to all the drunks, even pick-pocket them just found coins, talked to Govan.
It seems either a trigger is missing or I passed it somehow, because right now I have no in game information that tells me what needs to be done. My groups is complaining about being bored. I really do not want to proceed without Leina, so is there anything in game that would tell me what to do?
JohnTheMutt
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Aug 9 2005, 05:24 PM)
Have a question:
I am at a point that if I talk to Bodhi again I am sent to the island or I can say I need to get some supplies.
Leina's door still is locked. Nothing has happened yet so that I can open it. It is day nine now. All I am doing now really is walking around wasting time waiting for something to happen.
I talked to all the drunks, even pick-pocket them just found coins, talked to Govan.
It seems either a trigger is missing or I passed it somehow, because right now I have no in game information that tells me what needs to be done. My groups is complaining about being bored. I really do not want to proceed without Leina, so is there anything in game that would tell me what to do?

What quests did you accept from Bodhi?

Spoiler:

It is one of her quests that you accept to do which will gain you access to Vulova's estate. The one to murder Vulova and frame the Shadow Thieves for it. If you accepted this quest and it didn't gain you access then something is probably not working right. wink.gif
Golden Thief
ARRRR
I will have to back up to a previous save and begin again for in reading I do not remember the dialogues, I thought there should be something but I must have choosen the wrong quest.
I must keep me eyes open this time.
thanks
JohnTheMutt
No problem GT. smile.gif

It's easy to miss it completely because you have to accept the quest first to find out that it is in fact Vulova that you'll be sent too... wink.gif
babalon
my main character is a thief and Bodhi never wants to work with me so I can't join her and advance Leina's quest. is there a fix for that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.