Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yoshimo / Graveyard
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Stonewarrior
Hi, I have thoroughly enjoyed the mod...especially the new areas. I do have one question regarding Yoshimo (I am guessing it is mod related). When in Chapter 6 when I got to graveyard someone shows up and Yoshimo leaves. I thought there was a mention of Renal, but can't recall for sure. Anyway, after finishing the area I went to talk to Renal (I skipped his quest for some reason) hoping to find Yoshimo, but there was nothing. I am going to go ahead and do the quest, but if I missing something I could use the help. I had really hoped to take him to the end of SoA. Thanks!
Vlad
Hi Stonewarrior, and thank you for your feedback. You'll meet Yoshimo in Saradush. It was the only legal solution (without hacking the main game file) to save him from instant death, the hardcoded feature of the game.

[EDIT] I plan this in the next release of TS to implement this crack, and to allow players to bring Yoshimo into ToB together with the party.
jastey
Isn't this hardcoded death of Yoshimo easily be avoided by using a "self-made" creature file in the mod (with different death variabe etc.), or am I missing something?
Vlad
Yes, you are probably missing the fact that you should remotely at the end-user computer update Yoshimno's *self-made* character. It's the same problem of Imoen which I've solved in NeJ. Now when you pick up her in asylum she is exactly the same Imoen with the same stats, variables etc. which has been taken away from you + she gains the levels corresponding to the level party. At least her NAME and DEATH VARIABLE are not destructed in BGMAIN.EXE. With respect to Yoshimo, you should bring absolutely new chacter with another name, another death variable, update all dialogues and scripts with the new name and death variables through the whole game to preserve his continuity. After finishing SoA and moving to AR4500 in ToB (forest), the program (BGMAIN.EXE) looks for any charcter who is named Yoshimo and/or has a death variable YOSHIMO, and kills him. It looks really bad, you just move to the forest and ... Yoshimo dies. So there are two possible solutions:

1. MoveGlobals of Yoshimo to Saradush.
2. Hack BGMAIN.EXE.

I would prefer to hack BGMAIN.EXE, and that I was actually did when released TS v2.x. But then people around started to blame me in all possible legal violations, so I came eventually with the first one in the version TS v3.x

Recently BioWare hasn't paid any attention to what we are doing with IE so I think it's a good moment to implement this very simple crack to BGMAIN.EXE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.