Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Potion Bag
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
Golden Thief
I have basic install and all the patches, no extra mods... final got to Kuldahar, I am at the Blacksmith and every time I buy the potion bag my game freezes. I don't have ease of use installed. I am venturing on without it.
Vlad
It could be a wrong copy of the container. I'll check it. By the way do you have Baldurdash installed? It fixes the original BG2 containers problem.
Golden Thief
Yes I have Balderdash installed, I tried to find the bag that belonged in this store but could not just to see if it was corrupted on my install.

Also one other question concerning the gem bag and scroll case. Did you mean for them to disappear from Aldwin's inventory if you did not buy them the first time and also if you talk to him and do not look at his inventory but leave they also disappear. So you only have one chance to buy them if you pick the correct response.
JohnTheMutt
I've bought the potion bag at Conlan's but have not had the game freeze up...yet mellow.gif

The disappearing scroll case and gem bag in Aldwin's inventory happens with me as well. Like Golden Thief mentions, it's not there 2nd time around, when you confront him on his guilty acquisition of the Inn.

Another thing with Aldwin, if you take the dialogue thread that is suppose to give you a free room...you still get charged about 8 gold. You have the option of a 'Royal' room only, but he still pegs you for it... dry.gif
Vlad
...when you confront him on his guilty acquisition of the Inn.

Yes, this is how it should be. If you confront him then he has no reasons to offer you his special goods. wink.gif Actually there are three stores of Aldwin, and they are dependent on your solution of his problem.
Golden Thief
Glad to hear it is working as programed. On to the temple now.

One last thing I know this might be hard to re-do but some times, I forget to rest on returning because I want to talk to Arundel first but he sends me to the next area before I am ready. If possible could you have one reponse that says are you ready to go. Which you could then say let me get some supplies and I'll be back.

I know, I know but there are digalings like me that forget to rest and stock up first. But I am learning to get ready first before talking to him. So hit me with an idiot stick. blink.gif wacko.gif
JohnTheMutt
QUOTE(Golden Thief @ Aug 2 2005, 11:12 AM)
...If possible could you have one reponse that says are you ready to go. Which you could then say let me get some supplies and I'll be back...

Well, I think it's a good idea as well. smile.gif
Golden Thief
Found which bag causes the problem it is PTNBG01.ITM
I clued this in and it is ok until I open it.
So I clued in PTNNEJ.ITM and it works fine.
Since no one else has this problem I am going to do a fresh install this weekend and see if I can get the bag with no problem, cause it bugs me and I want to know what is causing it.
I copied PTNBG01 from NEJ-override install but it still crashes and description is messed up that way.
Vlad
Thanks, but let me check this first. Also you don't need to reinstall the game at this stage. If I fix this bug, we'll just update your saved game, and that's all. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.