Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GUI Skin Mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Small mods, tweaks and fixes
Sir BillyBob
I finally got around to registering.

Anyway, I am playing with the GUI skin mod and I noticed that some of the MOS files NI doesn't like, BAR-STEP.MOS being the one I am trying to look at right now. Is this an NI issue or is the file really corrupt? I just download the mod again to test this and I still get this issue.

Second, is there a tutorial somewhere about how to use these files? Just installing the MOS files isn't going to be enough for a modder. I have a TC project right now that I would really like to remove all of the Bhaal/SoA type icons from the screen. Mainly the pictures, the inventory screen and such are fine. New panels would be nice but I have no idea what filename goes with what unless I browse each one with NI to try to match the picture with what I think it's place in the game is.

Lastly, I noticed that in a game, only the left panel was getting replaced with a really nice marble looking panel. The right side (with the portraits) and the bottom stayed as the old panels. That looks really weird. Are these two files missing from the package or are they the ones that NI doesn't like?
Lord-Jyssev
i would largely reccomend using dltcep for chu and mos edititng.... it is much more handy
Sir BillyBob
I wouldn't exactly call DLTCEP a MOS editor but yes, it does see the files that NI can't. Interesting, I haven't seen this problem since working with BAMs in DSotSC. Several of them had the same problem with viewing.

Anyway, I plan on using DLTCEP to edit the CHU files. The problem is that I don't know what to do in DLTCEP once I open a CHU. IESDP doesn't seem to cover this subject. Which one handles which graphics? Is there a master listing somewhere?
Lord-Jyssev
well it can be helpful for mos becaus it can convert mos into bmp, but near infinity might be able to do that... i've never had it...
Sir BillyBob
No, I don't think NI can do that. DLTCEP does have the advantage of converting the files. I was pointed to a tutorial on using the CHU files so once I finally stop traveling this week I can sit down and actually read it.
Sir-Kill
I am also having to make a new gui so if you could point me to that tut. I would appreciate it.
Sir BillyBob
Check your mail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.