Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't leave Easthaven
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
larrienne
Vlad,
After picking up Hrothgar I find my game crashes to desktop as per. the old prob. before you move Hrothgar out of his house. I don't see other reports of this prob so I am guessing it is a bad install on my part sad.gif but thought to ask before I uninstall again.

I actually uninstalled everything prior to installing new NeJ.
New installation is as per order in your instructions + new small patch.
(I can do this with my eyes closed and both hands tied behind my back now biggrin.gif) .

I hope you can help me, please.
Vlad
1. Did you start the new game?
2. If yes, please send me your BALDUR.SAV + BALDUR.GAM from your saved game prior to leaving Easthaven.
3. Is there any dialogue with Hrothgar? I mean when exactly the CTD takes place?

I thought I had finished with the first part, let's see other reports. I think if your CTD is unique then there is something with your installation, otherwise I should look again into this problem. Are you sure you didn't mix the current installation with the previous one?
Vlad
It was a real brainstorm untill I found what was the problem. I have recently slightly corrected the innate ability of paladins which is actually immunity to hold. Actually I've added a single effect to this spell - Immunity to Specific Animation, you know it doesn't look nice when your character run with that *held* animation over his/her head. So I tried to fix that but failed. As in my save game Hrothgar has been already in party and got this innate ability I've never paid attention to it. But when you tried to join new Hrothgar, he got this bugged ability and... CTD. I won't tell you the story how I hunted this bug, removed all his items, checked them one by one, then his script ... then started to check his kit and all the spells in this kit one by one... wacko.gif Well, now it's fixed. cool.gif Enjoy your game! biggrin.gif
larrienne
A modders work is never done. Hurrah for your patience Vlad. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.