Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curious
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Aeldra
This is my first time playing NEJ, which from all I've read about it, looks incredible. smile.gif Just had a couple of questions. Will I be able to use some of my 'regular' mod/Bioware NPCs, or will my group likely be full to overflowing already? Fine either way, just wanted to know.

Also, I had a very minor problem. I did a full installation of SoA and ToB, patched and added the Baldurdash fixes as usual. I then installed Tortured Souls 5.5 and NEJ2, both of which installed normally. I'd had a bit of a stutter bug last night when I'd installed several more mods on top of these (not asking for support with this, as I'll figure that out easily enough smile.gif ), so I did a completely fresh install with just TS and NEJ. Problem is, when Imoen came in to let me out of my cage in the beginning, I headed for the room with the key to Jaheira's cell and to my surprise, found another Imoen. The Imoen who rescued me was dressed in pink and had the Charming Rogue kit, while the extra one in the next room used the default black and gold coloring and mage/thief dual. The second Imoen also gave me dialogue as if I'd rescued her from Spellhold.

I was just surprised with this, though it's not a big deal by any means. I'd wondered if this is something anyone else had come across before. Kinda wierd having two Imoens in my party. laugh.gif

Thanks for the great mods!
Vlad
It means TS v5.5 and NeJ2 (BETA) are incompatible with each other. The problem is that TS v5.5 being non-WeiDU overwrites files (particularly scripts) while NeJ2 being a pure WeiDU mod just appends those scripts. That is why you've got two Imoens. It would be wise then to install TS v6.02 (WeiDU) + NeJ2, but for the moment I have no time to finish testing and support this version (v6.02) of TS. Since you run far away from any tester here I would highly recommend to refrain meanwhile from installing both mods simultaneously. I have not done this yet because I need to finish working on the second part of NeJ2 at the first place. Once the mod is released to fix compatibility problems with TS v6.02 will be really easy. Also for the last couple of weeks I have been testing a very new and heavily edited pre-release version of NeJ2 (both parts). It should be released very soon. All in all, you may wish to prepare a new installation of SoA+ToB (patched+Baldurdash) to play NeJ2 v4.2b (without other mods installed!).

Will I be able to use some of my 'regular' mod/Bioware NPCs, or will my group likely be full to overflowing already?

My final NeJ2 party includes: Me (kensai/mage, 10/13), Hrothgar, Dar, Jaheira, Leina, Melora. I was ought to send away Minsc after joining Leina. You may substitute Jaheira for any other original NPC if you wish, and you may surely play with your favourite NPCs leaving Leina, Melora and Dar behind. It's really up to you. Normally Leina will be in Five Flagons singing there, Dar will wait in CC, and Melora will hide in shadows somewhere in Athkatla. Hrothgar is a MUST.
Aeldra
Great. Thanks so much. smile.gif Looking forward to the new release, then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.