Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galactygon's 3D questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Galactygon
I was able to get a hold of 3DS Max 7, and give it a couple of tries. I have created some basic rugged landscapes without textures, and I have the following questions about rendering:

1.) How do I render in an isometric mode?
2.) How exactly do I set up cameras? I wanted to create a cave scene with a camera looking into the cave, but I had serious trouble setting up the location, angle, etc. with the camera. None of the tutorials and references that came with the program were able to help me.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
I have checked them, but those tutorials use a different version than what I have.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
Galactygon, do you mean orthrographic as in bg style or isometric? if you mean orthrographic there is a check box on the dialog roll out for that camera.

there may be a better way but I just create a camera and drag it around to about the area then rotate it to about where I want it. then in the perspective view hit the C key that will change it to camera mode, hitting P will bring it back to perspective mode. then all you have to do is rotate it to make it look good. (the buttons also change when when you hit C)
Galactygon

Galactygon, do you mean orthrographic as in bg style or isometric? if you mean orthrographic there is a check box on the dialog roll out for that camera.

Isn't orthrographic identical to isometric?

there may be a better way but I just create a camera and drag it around to about the area then rotate it to about where I want it. then in the perspective view hit the C key that will change it to camera mode, hitting P will bring it back to perspective mode. then all you have to do is rotate it to make it look good. (the buttons also change when when you hit C)

Noted. I will give it a try.

-Galactygpn
hlidskialf
Galac, here's how to set up the view:

Create a free camera. Place it in the exact center coordinates.
Set angles - X:45; Z:45
Tick "Orthographic" under the modify control.
Change it to a Target Camera.

Now, change the perspective to "Camera" view. You'll have to pull back to get your plane/box/scene into view. Now, I generally hide the camera at this point, but it's not required.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.