Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Discussion of finished animations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts > The WoRmHole
T.G.Maestro
This thread would be useful to contain/separate the info and discussions about the completed animations - I think the main download thread should be kept strictly for that function and the comments on the products should be directed here to avoid unnecessary confusion.
WoRm
I agree, and to start off I'll let you know that I nailed the pitfiend wing animation problem.(no more skeletal wings but yummy delicious stretchy skin wings..the way a pit-fiend should look.he'll be up within 24hrs complete with wingy goodness.
T.G.Maestro
I nailed the pitfiend wing animation problem

Great. wink.gif
T.G.Maestro
The way you added the latest animations (Pit Fiend/Osyluth) seems perfect to me, keep this up! happy.gif
(I mean the way they can be viewed at the page and downloaded)
igi
Yeah, I'd agree, it's great to be able to see an animated image of the animation, with the download link right next to it smile.gif
LadeJarl
WoRm: Would you consider making a MBAS_GR.bmp file for the new Basilisk giving us a Greater Basilisk as well ?

You are doing great work here.
WoRm
Of course....just waiting to fix the shadow issue and get a better lighting of the original basilisk.

thanks for the support! biggrin.gif
T.G.Maestro
All the corrected animations look great so far, I'm waiting for the new ones! biggrin.gif
WoRm
You won't be waiting much longer. tongue.gif
T.G.Maestro
A small note on Pit Fiends, Beviliths (and possibly Balors): their size is approximately good, but they could be made a little bit bigger, 110% perhaps. It would be nice if the true size of these creatures would be implemented. As said before, this is only a minor note, they look good so far.
kulyok
On today's area previews\downloads:

Great job. They are so beautiful...
Lord-Jyssev
QUOTE(kulyok @ Nov 26 2005, 01:56 PM)
On today's area previews\downloads:

Great job. They are so beautiful...

seconded, simply amazing
Galactygon
I really have to admit they are breathtaking. I noticed that many of the coloumns and such are slanted in one direction, and that the areas don't use the same orthogonal/isometric angles the game uses. Is this intentional?

-Galactygon
Avenger_teambg
Last time i seen the basilisk anim was wrong because the transparent color wasn't in palette entry 0.
WoRm
Last time i seen the basilisk anim was wrong because the transparent color wasn't in palette entry 0.

Yeah, I remember that. I have the basillisk file on my HD I'll look at it and see if I fixed it already..(my mind.. blink.gif )

I noticed that many of the coloumns and such are slanted in one direction, and that the areas don't use the same orthogonal/isometric angles the game uses. Is this intentional?

These areas were done a waays back before I had any info on specific parameters for world axis, so I did it by eye as best as I could. you can actually set them up using PSP by resizing just the vertical. It doesn't really lose any detail and will change the perspective to more closely match BG's atmosphere...but I figured it works now...I'll get to it later..after I finish this ...and then edit that..... wacko.gif (and we all know how that turns out...)
you'll see the progression of the areas not only in perspective but detail as well as I roll more of them out the door..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.