| The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use |
Help
Search
Members
Calendar
|
![]() ![]() |
Nov 21 2025, 11:00 PM
Post
#21
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Minor Fights (Gauths, Yuan-Ti Group, Rayic Gethras, Neb, Prebek, Renfeld, Orogs)
Next heading to the Temple area. Looting containers, Started Unseeing eye, Talos Amulet picked, Visit to sewer to clear minor enemies and Sea Troll. Give a try to Raskshasa, but no luck, I really need PFME for him. Continued deeper in sewer and make a visit in Unseeing Eye Cultists area and going to Lower Reaches. Here in this area there are few decent enemy groups to fight and few (Screaming Statue and Ghost Spider) that I postpone for later. First group here is annoying Yuan-Ti group and I did not find any decent tactics. So I casted invisibility and run past them. Then I clear group of Mummies and got Cleric level which unlock me lvl5 spells. This open up new oportunities to deal with upcoming enemies. Next crossing the bridge and fight against Gauth/Beholder group. Here I use Cleric lvl5 spell Greater Command to disable them. Picking up part of Rift Device Rod and heading back to entrance. For Yuan-Ti group I will use newly unlocked Greater Command and buffed summons. Mage is always a bit pain in the ass to deal with. This is quite a boring tactic but I cannot do any effective dispel or such so could not figured out anything else. Next getting deeper into Beholder Lair. There is only singular Beholders and Gauts and minor enemy group of Blind Priests. For Unseeing Eye I used Rift Device, so the fight is not even worth to record. Then back to the Lower Reaches to pick up the reward. I got nice shield Saving Grace +3. Then back to Cultist area to kill the rest of priest and guards there. Then heading to surface, but did not finish the Unseeing Eye quest yet, because it gives reputation point. My plan is to stack all penalty reputations quests first, then donate the church 3 times 700 caps to increase reputation and then collect all the reputation rewards from quests. Next heading back to docks, returning Talos necklace, doing errands for Edwin, got fight with another night time vampire & shadow thiefs encounter. One of those errands is fight with Rayic Gethras. Without proper tactic this fight can be suprising hard for solo. I used Greater Command to put him to sleep, smacked the golems, casted summons around Rayic and when he woke up and unreveal himself, smacked through his stoneskin. Did almost finish whole thieves guild quests, but did not pick a fight with Mae'Var's yet. I plan to buy Nymph Cloak from Gorch first. Next will do Sir Sarles quest to get Helm of Glory. I trying to collect all Charisma boosting items to reach 20 charisma to maximize buy/sell prices, before doing any major shopping. For solo play, I eventually have much more gold and experience than I ever need, so this Charisma optimization is kind a useless, but my perfectionist mind want to reach it. Have some more night time vampire encounters and kill Neb when retrieving Illithium. Right now I have enough experience points that I can do whole Dorn questline (lvl12 fighter he needs to be on second mission). So taking Dorn and reputation penalty with it. These fights on this questline are hardly boosted if at all, so not worth to record. During dorn quest, going to Graveyard for passing time. Started Buried Tirdir quest and did Orphan quest and returned Teddy to Wellyn, spoke to parents after that to get exp from them too. Got poisoned Renfeld encounter when changing maps, Fight itself was pretty easy, made use of Greater Command and Hold Person spells. Returned Renfeld to Harpers. Did Harper quest to kill Prebek and then Xzar quest to find Montaron. Then proceeded to do Dorn second quest Helmite Camp, then Ambush site and then final quest location. Then heading back to city and have Orog encounter, this was easily dealth with few Holy Smite spells. Then final action to reduce reputation, taking viconia. Reputation down to 7. Donate 3 times to get 10. Kick Viconia +2 to 12, Finish Unseeing Eye +1 to 13, Finish Circus +1 to 14. Return Neb's head +1 to 15. Total exp 1,6kk at this point of game. This post has been edited by DequNew: Nov 22 2025, 12:21 AM |
|
|
|
Nov 26 2025, 11:18 PM
Post
#22
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: More Minor fights (Anarg, Guild Contact, Tannery fight, Crypt King & Queen, Mae'Var)
Continue on easy content in city. Looting Government district buildings, recruiting Jan and kick him out. Then going into bridge district to loot all town containers, getting Horn of Valhalla, Neera first encounter. Anarg quest +1 Reputation to 16. Started Raelis Shai quest to rescue Hear Dalis. Guild Contact Gracen encounter, I took care vampires one by one, while Gracen stand in doorway nonagroed with a trick that I run past him fast (shown this in video). Cleared Tannery basement and finished quest +1 Reputation to 17. Then Ransacked Saerk Farrahd Estate. Finished Buried Tirdir quest. Bridge District done for now, then moving into Graveyard. In graveyard all easy looting. Crypt Queen and King fight. Then bought Nymph Cloak and finished thieves guild last quest to deal with Mae'Var. Rejected reward so I got The Shadow's Blade +3. This is very early +3 short sword and will be useful vs certain enemies. Finish Aran Linvail second quest. Then buying Sensate Amulet +2CH and Plate of Balduran +1CH. With all these Charisma boosted items (Helm, Cloak, Amulet, Plate) and friend spell my total Charisma is 20 to get max benefits. Then graveyard main crypt, multiple spider groups and undeads, but not Pai'Na yet. |
|
|
|
Nov 27 2025, 11:50 PM
Post
#23
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Even More Minor Fights (Tanova, Lassal, Mirror Imp, Rakshasa, Shadow Jailor, Adratha, Faldorn, Ghost Spider, Nilthiri)
Since I am inside main crypt, I continue my attack to Bodhi's lair. There notable fights Tanova and Lassal. Then Temple sewers to rescue Haer'Dalis, Imp fight for mirror. Will have another try vs sewer Rakshasa, since I got PFME now. Found out alternative tactic to dodge most of ADHWs, just run straight line when projectile is about to hit. With that way I do not even needed PFME and fight was over quickly. Hear'Dalis returned to Raelis Shai. Then few more simple quests: Jan Jansen family quest, Korgan Book quest. Next will head to Watchers Keep to clear most of level 1 enemies. Bell and Candle guardians still too hard, I think I will need critical strike vs them. Then more npcs quest: Hexxat full questline. This points most of easy city content is done, time to head outside of city. First place to visit is Umar Hills, Beljuril quest, Mimic blood, Madulf quest and town is done. This point of game I have reached lvl 12 mage, so I have access on important spell level 6. I just don't have best spells yet. To fix that, I head into Temple Ruins. Clear surface of minor shadows, then inside I can do Shadow Jailor and easy content, but cannot yet fight with those Lich groups that have Grand Skeletons (need +4 weapon). Shadow Jailor is pretty straightforward fight, full buff, breach him once and melee. From his corpse, looted Improved Haste spell that double my attacks, which is biggest power spike for my character, this will open up/makes many many other encounters viable to try. Then I travel to Trademeet. Get quests, looted houses and containers. Pick up Rasaad, take his items and kick him out for now. Neeber talks. Druids Grove next to do quests which I gained from Trademeet. Clearing minor enemies, then Noble Trolls party at the Troll Mound entrance, with Improved Haste and few spells I smack them pretty quickly. Adratha fight goes faster than ever, Rakshasas could not even cast absolute immunity. Faldorn fight goes fast with a magic missiles, Then started Buried Ambitions quest and have werewolf fight when exiting grove. Ghost Spider in tower goes down pretty quickly, did not do any milking this time. First Druid stronghold quest, Nilthiri goes down fast. Then started Chaos quest. Back to Trademeet, Genies quest finish and Druids Grove quest finish, become hero of Trademeet. Then did Tiris quest. Total Reputation at this point of game is 19. |
|
|
|
Dec 10 2025, 12:05 AM
Post
#24
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: De Arnise Keep Fights (Greater Yuan-ti and Whisper Spider, Yuan-ti Mage, Keep Viper, Glaicus)
Had a but pause on gaming, but journey continues strongly. I start to feel high XP accumalation on single character that leads to power spikes. Many fights feels easier than even on full party, maybe due to added UAI and IA. Been using much more Remove Magics than ever before due to my level is close to enemy levels. Next I do Keldorn Family quest. Travel to Windspear Hills, Kill knights, Accorns returned, Werewolves on outside map, Mist Party inside dungeon entrance. Trying to beat Ruhk but not able to win yet, I will need protection from Abjuration for this, so Spell Immunity spell. None of these fights were worth to create videos. Then making a first visit to De Arnise Keep. Clearing out minor enemies and looting containers. Lower the bridge fight against Greater Yuan-ti and Whisper Spider: Prebuff, then spell against Greater Yuan-ti in this order: Secret Word, Spell Thrust, Breach, then few magic missiles to remove his mirror images (Could have used True sight also). Meanwhile Whisper Spider dies to my blade barrier. Then focus melee on Yuan-ti. Another breach when stoneskin triggers. Then head to second floor, There yuan-ti Mage, which is easily dispelled by few tries of remove magic. Keep Viper next. He got high HP Regen, but my low THAC0, buffs and Improved Haste let me overpower him. Then Galicus as last enemy for this level, I start the fight by prebuffing, few magic missiles and rush in using melee. That is this Keep for now, I will do Torgal later. |
|
|
|
Dec 11 2025, 12:47 AM
Post
#25
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Decent Fights Shadow Lover, Nevaziah, Ashideena Guardian, Screaming Statue
Next will do some unfinished businesses in CC Sewers. Did Lilarcor quest, so beating Shadow Lover. Vs him I use piercing damage. I noticed my Blade Barrier spells do kill invisible critter "Glowing Pool" next to Shadow Lover. After that Neera's wild mage and Monk Rasaad questlines, which gives nice amount of experience, but no hard fights to get even mentioning them any of fights there. Then Edwin's personal quest to fight against Nevaziah Lich. With help of Spell Immunity and skeleton summons fight is not hard, fight is taking a while to exhaust Liches PFMWs. Piercing damage works (immunine to crushing). Then going to fetch Ashideena and fight against Ghost Spider. Nothing fancy here, just prebuff and smack. While I am on down there, choose to tackle Screaming Statue, same story buff and put undead to the final rest. |
|
|
|
Dec 13 2025, 12:48 AM
Post
#26
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Windspear Hills Inside (Ruhk, Guardian, Werewolves, Tazok)
Now when I have Spell Immunity, I head to Windspear Hills and face Ruhk. Fight is very easy now and I exhaust his protection by spending time. Then I meet some Golem Parties which takes a bit time but are easy to handle with corresponding dmg types, piercing/crushing and protection spells. Vs Guardians I do prebuff and use remove magic to disable their spell protections. These guardians can be bit tricky if not have effective dispel in arsenal. Werewolves can be hard due to regen but fire dmg stops it, then they tend to run away panicing on low hp, which is bit annoying. Last fight for this dungeon at this point of game for me Tazok, which is very weak. |
|
|
|
Dec 13 2025, 06:38 PM
Post
#27
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Slaver Ship & Arcanis Village
Next will do Slaver Ship, just prebuff and overwhelm enemies with my attacks and fire storm. Bought few spells scrolls including Limited Wish scroll. Then some easy content: Limited Wish adventure. Then Jaheira questline which gives nice amount of valuable items to sell. So far I have not sold anything. Then Arcanis Village, which gives me really good weapon +5. Finally found out how to maximize arcanis coins amount. Golem Ambush at the end was not that hard for solo, because can keep up the protections. |
|
|
|
Dec 14 2025, 03:22 PM
Post
#28
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Planar Sphere (Halfing Party, Lavok, Tolgerias, Lea'liyl)
Next heading to Planar Sphere and going to start Mage stronghold quest line and Necromancer quest line. First enemies here are halfling party, no issues here. Then clear and loot rest of the first map area. Next will have bit harder fight Lavok, Full buff before fight, then focus on Golems and Skeletons first. I dont have enough spell immunity spells, so I counter Lavok's spells by using invisibility potions. For that I need to make sure my round is cleared, so can drink it almost instant. I prolong the fight so Lavok's PFMWs get exhausted and keep up my own protections. Next fight is another mage Tolgerias + Mage. Here I use remove magic to dispel Mage protection vs Tolgerias it is not effective due to Abjuration Spell Immunity. First I focus tolgerias using melee (normal weapons due to PFMW) and smash through his stoneskins. 10 APR is very strong. After that another remove magic and focus the Mage on melee. Then engine room Golems are easy to clear, same as before protections and melee. Then time to hunt demon hearts. Only harder fight here is Lea'liyl. Full prebuff and melee works here well. After that time to finish Planar Sphere and free Lavok. |
|
|
|
Dec 15 2025, 10:03 PM
Post
#29
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Fanatic Spirits, Paina, Mencar party
Next Mage Stronghold quests. Got nice belt vs slashing dmg and crafted Robe of the Apprenti. Then I head to Watchers Keep level 1 to challenge Bell and Candle guardians. My Thac0 is great and now I have my first High level abilities, Critical Strike. Other guardian takes crushing dmg and another takes piercing dmg. Time to finish this level. Now when path opened directly to level 2 of Watchers Keep, I do to take care of Pai'Na, which is quite easy at this part of game. With this Critical Strike I feel so powerfull. Next I go fight against Mencar Peddlecrusher. Full prebuff, casted Remove Magic. Melee Amon, which did cast Improved Matle, but my +5 weapon goes through it. Then I did cast Greater Malison and Symbol Stun, Confusion, ADHW, CC and finish fight with melee. Overall very fast fight. |
|
|
|
Dec 16 2025, 09:37 PM
Post
#30
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Conster and Planar Prison
Windspear Hills I go, there I still have quite a lot unfinished things to do. I challenge Conster. Full prebuff before fight, rush in melee then kill Skeletons. Very fast and simple fight that works due to high dmg and attack per rounds I have. Now after child is rescued, I can do Anomen questline. I steal Anomen's personal items (Delryn Family Shield). Then I head into Planar Prison. There first fight vs bounty hunters I use RRoR and Remove Magic and Melee. Then Warden fight, few Ruby Rays and Breach and Melee to kill Warden. Then ADHW for aoe damage and melee to finish the fight. |
|
|
|
Dec 18 2025, 12:46 AM
Post
#31
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Turmish Invaders, Torgal and Roenall
Running Five Flagons Playhouse quest and then sell theater to Higgold. During this there is Turmish enemy group fight. RRoR and Remove magic / Breach + ADHW did the wonders, then melee to finish. Then I choose to test Torgal fight. Prebuff and then just melee focus on Torgal. He dies in first rounds. Then finish the rest. Started fighter stronhold quest and finishing it with fight against Lord Roenall. This fight Roenall is immunity to damage when he uses Hardiness and he is non breachable. I start the fight by focusing the mage. He dies in 2 critical hits. Then attack Roenall until he uses hardiness. Then move my focus on Gem Golems and then rest of the Guards. After guards are cleared I finish Roenall. |
|
|
|
Dec 18 2025, 11:31 PM
Post
#32
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Liches
Next I do multiple Lich fights. I heavely abuse level 0 item Ring of Victor. Shade Lich first. Disrupt him with ring of victor and then few melee hits to kill him when PFMW expires. Elemental Lich next. Same plan works. This tactic makes fights extremely easy. Next is harder one, City Gates Grave Lich. Start of fight get Grave Silenced, so I cannot cast spells. I just have to do prebuffs and endure long enough. When Lich's PFMW expires, I attack and managed to kill it. This actually took few tries. Last Lich Kangaxx next. This fight is bit more tricky. I start the fight with 2 critical strike hits then do Disrupt undead to kill Kangaxx first form. Demi lich form of Kangaxx I need to have +4 or better weapon and keep up my Spell Immunity. Spell Turning would also help. Fight is over very quickly. |
|
|
|
Dec 19 2025, 11:31 PM
Post
#33
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Pirates, ShadowDragon and ShadeLord
Pirate Hideout. Prebuff, then focus melee on captain and guards. Coordinator too high level to dispel, so I smack him with critial strikes between the rounds and then get back before he cast protections. Then I go back to Shadow Temple. I have +5 weapon so I can fight vs Grand Skeletons now (2 lich parties). Shadow Dragon. I start by casting Spellstrike, then breaches whenever needed while hitting hard with Critical Strikes. Fight is over in a instant. Shade Lord fight I open the fight casting 2 RRoRs to Shade Lord (there were actually not even needed). Then keep using melee Critical Strikes and PFMW on myself. Grandskeletons here require +4 or better weapons. |
|
|
|
Dec 20 2025, 11:25 PM
Post
#34
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Buried Ambitions (Attack in Trademeet)
This is my first time doing this questline because it is part of Druid exclusive content, which is unlocked on this Unrestricted modded mod. Start of fight we get dispelled and teleported right at the middle of town where werewolves roam. Few spend few rounds to buff and then focus on werewolves. After certain point, Jagdu appear. We won't kill him instant due to fight will end. I focus clearing minor werewolves first. While doing that I disrupts Jagdu's spell casting with Ring of Victor. Then few RRoR and Breach and Critical Strikes to beat him. |
|
|
|
Dec 23 2025, 12:24 AM
Post
#35
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Borinall and Marvella's Quests
Borinal fight next, here only dangerous thing is Amber Golem. Usual prebuff and stacked electrical resistances. Versus Amber Golem I need to use slashing damage type and I get my electrical resistance lowered by backslash of golem. Fortunately it only last few rounds, so as long as I keep few rounds break from attacking Amber Golem, I will be fine. Vs Borinall just need to use some breach. Overall not hard fight when prepared. Steam Elemental Prince from Furnace next, prebuff with protections, Absolute Immunity and Critical Strikes do the job. Next second quest from Marvella. Here we face some Mariliths, which have more PFMW than I have breaches/remove magic to remove, so fight going to take a while to exhaust them. This post has been edited by DequNew: Dec 23 2025, 12:24 AM |
|
|
|
Dec 23 2025, 09:54 PM
Post
#36
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Sewer Party, Theshal and Founder Of Trademeet
Next heading to Temple Sewers. Here is one nice party to kill. I do regular prebuffs. Then RRoR to Gaius and Spell Trigger 3 x Remove Magic. After that Greater Malison and Symbol of Stun. 3 out of 6 enemies stunned so fight was pretty much over at this point. Casted Slow, ADHW, some Holy Smites and then cleared rest of enemies with melee Critical Strikes. Theshal next. Prebuff outside, rush in to Theshal. Got lucky that Lich spawn party did not triggered (spawn) this time, so fight was much easier than it usually is. One Breach on Theshal and Critical Strike melee to kill him and rest of the undeads. Skeleton Grandlords here can be issue if not have +4 weapons. Going outside and back inside to retrigger Lich party spawn. Here I use Ring of Victor to disrupt Lich spell casting and used melee to kill everything. Then travelled to Trademeet. I tried to beat Chaos but just could not do it yet. While in Trademeet, I still have Founder of Trademeet in crypt to kill. Here I use Spell Trigger: Improved Haste, Soul Armor and Righteous Magic and Critical Strike and Melee to finish the fight in no time. After that started Palading Stronhold questline. |
|
|
|
Jan 2 2026, 01:40 PM
Post
#37
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Umar Witch and Mystery Of Shimmering Lights
Next do Umar Witch in Temple Ruins. There is also Imp that keep spawning minions, which I did not milked. Few RRoRs to Umar and Remove Magics and Breach. Then Critical Strike melee Umar. Then clear minor enemies, some golems do spawn, kill them and lastly Imp. Next will do Ranger quest Shimmering Lights. Enchanter and Illusionist fights. For Enchaneter just prebuffs, RRoRs, Breach and melee. Versus Illusionist I used normal weapons and melee. Last fight of this questline is Elite Doppleganger. It can be suprisingly hard, once it hit connect it dispel some protections. He also have high regeneration rating. Full Prebuff, Absolute Immunity and Critical Strikes won this fight. |
|
|
|
Jan 4 2026, 01:07 AM
Post
#38
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Video: Baron Metrich and Samia Party
Baron fight next, I try some spells but they are not effective this time. So Critical Strikes and melee to win. Samia Party fight then, which is much more interesting. Full prebuff, Then start killing enemies with Critical Strikes melee while keeping up my spell protections and disrupting enemy casters if can. Tried to use Gnasher Club for dmg over time effect, but it was not that great. |
|
|
|
Jan 4 2026, 10:20 PM
Post
#39
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
|
|
|
|
Jan 8 2026, 01:25 AM
Post
#40
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 178 Joined: 18-November 24 |
Managed to finish the whole run solo SOA+TOB. Will start pumping videos tomorrow. Hardest fight was Demogorgon.
|
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 07:59 PM |