Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Permanent night on an area
Armand
post Jan 24 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Hey everybody,

I'm starting to finalize my mod (first beta, first review...) that's very exciting and sometimes hopeless.. wacko.gif That's why I need your help. I've created a new area and I would like to show an area with a permanent night.

I've tried to use extended night parameter but I had a crash. Have you any idea about the reason of this crash ?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Hoppy
post Jan 24 2010, 04:50 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Gold Member

Not sure why it crashes but you might want to try looking at AR1400 form the normal game, if not already. That has an expended night parameter as well. What is the error when you crash?

--------------------
“May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.” - Voltaire

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jan 24 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #3

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Most of the times CTDs of new areas are due to Ambient voice files (.WAV files). If you have used the game's own exisitng Ambient files, make sure to copy them in the override folder (even if the ambient file already exists in the game, you also need to have it in your override folder; so use COPY_EXISTING command to create a copy of each ambient file in your override folder as well).

To test whether (or not) the CTD has anything to do with the extende night flag, you can simply remove/unset the flag and test if it sill crashes.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:12 AM