The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding areas to worldmap with WeiDu (update topic)
flysoup
post May 28 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Hi,
just wanted to ask about the command for adding a display string to an item using WeiDu.

Example I have a string "3 Constitution Drain" to a vampire claw. How do I add this to an item using WeiDu. I know how to add the item and its names and descriptions though not how to add display string on the items usage.

Also wondering what the difference is in the installation procedure of a mod to make it tutu compatible with the bg1 interface look.

newbe questions i know, but I have been stuck to the old dusty school instalation of mods but am now in the progress to make my mod Drizzt Saga into a weidu mod.

Greetings,
flysoup

This post has been edited by flysoup: May 29 2006, 05:32 PM

--------------------
Don´t dwell in history or future due to those are times were you can not act within.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
jastey
post May 28 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

What exactly do you mean by display string for the item?

Quote Post
flysoup
post May 28 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Example: I have a weapon item for a vampire and when you get hit by it then I want a string displayed saying, 3 constitution drains.

Its no problem to do it with dltcep or IEEP but I was wondering how you do it with WeiDu. (attaching it to the item with a WeiDu install that is)

Hmm mayaps am I to fuzzý in my description?

The other installment issues seems pretty basic when I have looked in other mod´s tp2
files but the command for the one above I do not know.

Still much to learn for me before I will complete my Drizzt Saga WeiDu install, also need to look over all the items so they go with a possible tutu verision.

This post has been edited by flysoup: May 28 2006, 03:41 PM

--------------------
Don´t dwell in history or future due to those are times were you can not act within.

Quote Post
igi
post May 28 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #4

IESDP Guardian

Forum Member

You need to find the offset in the .itm file where the strref is, tihs is probably most easily done in Near Infinity. Then, once you have the offset, you alter your tp2 something like this:

CODE

// Arrows of Overpoweredness
COPY ~iiWorld/Items/itm/iiar000.itm~ ~override/iiar000.itm~
 SAY NAME2 @5036
 SAY DESC  @5037
 SAY 0xDE   @5038  // Assuming 0xDE if the offset noted earlier

--------------------

Quote Post
flysoup
post May 28 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #5

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Hi,
and thank you for aiding me! looks spretty logical when it is written before ones eyes, but I have never been good in chess whatever that has to do with this. Ummm sorry for my rambling, yet again thank you alot for the great help smile.gif

good speed,
flysoup

--------------------

Quote Post
flysoup
post May 28 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #6

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Though when it comes to SAY NAME2 @5036 is the @5036 a source for translation or some thing since I would have written for example SAY NAME2 ~Arrows of Overpoweredness~

Newbie to WeiDu here as you see.

This post has been edited by flysoup: May 28 2006, 04:22 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
jastey
post May 28 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #7

Forum Member

The @5036 refers to a string if you separate all text strings into a so-called "tra" file. So you have the setup file and a similar called setup.tra where all the strings are in, e.g.
@5036 = ~Arrows of Overpoweredness~

Have a look into the WeiDU readme concerning tra-ing the files ("7.8 TRA Translation Files"), there it is explaned in detail.

tras make a lot of sense once you want to translate the mod into several languages.

This post has been edited by jastey: May 28 2006, 05:41 PM

Quote Post
flysoup
post May 28 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #8

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Thank you for answering my newbie question. I will head into it straight away. The Drizzt Saga seems to be getting closer to its WeiDu transformation and the thanks goes to you all that helps with information. Big credit to all of you.

Good speed,
flysoup

--------------------

Quote Post
flysoup
post May 29 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #9

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Another question is how WeiDu handles installation of areas to an excisting worldmap
What could the command for that look like since I don´t want to copy my worldmap into the override due to that would overwrite the excisting one with possible adds from other mods right?

Could do more research but the answers I get here are so good so Ill post here too.

Many thanks for all the help.

Dialouges and Scripts are done for Drizzt Saga WeiDu so far.

Good speed,
flysoup

--------------------

Quote Post
CamDawg
post May 30 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #10

Forum Member

Adding areas to the worldmap is a fairly intense and difficult process, but it has been done before. I added one new area in the G3 Anniversary mod. You can view the tp2 code in our development wiki; specifically the patch of worldmap.wmp. It's also worth noting that the area is only linked with one-way travel links, since it's intended as an area to which the party can not return. That being said, it should be adaptable to having two way links and multiple areas.

--------------------
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Quote Post
flysoup
post May 30 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #11

Chef of Goblin pies
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

I thank you for aiding me and for the very usefull tp2 code. I will study and learn, many thanks and good speed,
flysoup

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:21 AM