The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is anybody out there?, Feeling lonely here...
nullset
post Jul 1 2016, 11:18 AM
Post #41

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Thanx, Northern Sky. Always good to hear that someone is enjoying the mod. Currently working on v7.0 which will be the last except for bug fixes. Gonna move over and do the BGEE prequel.

--------------------
nullset
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Northern Sky
post Jul 6 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #42

Forum Member

Hi nullset, browsing your forum I found this here:

QUOTE(nullset @ Jun 5 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Do you know if the GOG BG2EE download is different from the Beamdog? The install error message indicated that the 2000.ini file (animation control file for SIRINE) was not in the chitin.key. Could be that the user did not have the latest update. I seem to recall that, somewhere along the line, they changed handling of animations.

Well, turns out, I bought a stand-alone-version of bg2ee some time ago. Forgot the name of the distributor. Anyway: For this version there's (until now) no auto-updating as I have found out cruising the beamdog-forum. Patching manually would need a downloadable patch to install, which there isn't. In other words: I am stuck at patch 1.3, which came already with the game. Just saying in case you receive other calls for help.

I found out when I tried to install your latest version 6.2 - pretty much the same error-message (something about 2000.ini).

Not that it is that much of a problem. Me and my friends installed some earlier version of your mod which is apparently working fine with patch 1.3. And we still have way to go untill the game will be finished (got to work unfortunetly). But for the next run with your newest version, something I am already waiting for eagerly, I guess I will need to buy the game another time (steam? gog? beamdog? dunno).

Do you have an idea, if I could install a newer version of your mod: Would that break saves?

Thanks for your help, Northern Sky

Oh, nearly forgot - another question: You know, I have never played the TOB-part myself, don't know why, played SOA three times before, liked it quite a lot. Anyway, here's my spoiler-question: What about the keep in TOB? Will it still be accessible? I was wondering regarding parked women in the keep. Is this just SOA or will it continue in the future?

See ya!

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 6 2016, 03:45 PM
Post #43

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

The 2000.ini reference is introduced in v6 with the advent of the PST NPCs. It could very likely break saved games, although I dunno for certain.

As for getting another copy of the game, I have been on Beamdog from the beginning which is where the mod was developed. Steam seems to want take over the world, and GOG does funny things I don't understand.

TOB. The keep is accessible. In fact, quite a lot of plot takes place there. Talk with Horace. In ToB, he can take you nearly anyplace on the SoA map. Ladies parked in SoA are available in ToB.

In the next month or so, I will be releasing v7.0 which will be the last release for a long time (except for bug fixes). I am planning to move over to BGEE and develop the prequel to Rjali: the Jini Romance mod. If you have not played Rjali v6, you will not have encountered Jini yet, as she came in as part of the whole PST inclusions. I might come back to Rjali later as there is always content worth adding, but I want to do something really new for a change of pace.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Northern Sky
post Jul 7 2016, 06:06 AM
Post #44

Forum Member

Ah, thanks a lot for the info smile.gif

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jul 12 2016, 07:40 PM
Post #45

Forum Member

Hello nullset. I have a question about compatibily, if I may. There is this rather new mod I want to try out during my next run of the game:

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...&Itemid=127

Do you know it already? Did you give it a look?

Supposedly it contains some addition to TOB including the keep. From the readme:

"You are the Child of Bhaal, and your journey is nearly complete. But after
you arrive to Amkethran, Nalia approaches you with distressing news. Her castle
is once again under attack, this time by demons, and her people are in danger."

Another part of the readme:

"Q: Is Reunion compatible with mod X?
A: It should work fine with other mods. I am using different area codes for
Nalia's Keep in ToB, so technically it should be compatible with anything."

So I was wondering: Will it break my game to install it in combination with your rjali-mod?

Can you help? Thanks a lot, seewead smile.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 12 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #46

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Dunno. Let me know how it works. It there are problems, I'll see what I can to do to fix them. Meanwhile, I have my own fish to fry. Good luck!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jul 16 2016, 07:25 AM
Post #47

Forum Member

@nullset: Yeah, guess I could try it out. Although I am a little apprehensive (aka: scared as hell) - don't want to break my game, you know. Especially the experience of your mod version 6.2 (or even 7.x).

So just to ask about this: The readme talks about using "different are codes" for the keep therefore eliminating compatibility-problems. Don't expect you to work on this, just an answer out of your head, so to speak: Does that makes any sense for you?

Thanks a lot for your help, Rob biggrin.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 16 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #48

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Sure does. Those are the files that establish an area. Use a different code, and you have a clone of an area which can be set up however you want it. I use them to set up new areas (well, borrowed...), but I can see how this would work, especially since the game itself uses this technique. The only problem that I can see would be if you were to use this new mod in conjunction with Rjali AND the Nalia Romance. Even there, I wouldn't really expect it to break the game. At worst, you would probably get two separate plot lines that don't make sense considered together. If that were the only problem, you handle it like the early (read: pre-Rjali) multiple romance by accepting that the two plots aren't reconcilable and by throwing up a mental firewall accepting the paradox. Since they insist that Nalia be in the party to trigger the plot, there should be no problem with her location as she is not parked.

I would actually be more worried about normal bugs, this being a v1.0 mod. They usually require some tuning to iron out the bugs. Ask any modder!

I make no recommendations and give no guarantees, but I am curious about how it works out, not having played any quest mods myself. Be brave. Put your own life in danger and let me know how it works out. If you can... smoke3.gif

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jul 16 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #49

Forum Member

That's good advice indeed,

I will think about it - going kamikaze ph34r.gif or chick out ohmy.gif - that's the question.

Will need a few drinks to decide a fate of that gravity.

Thanks a lot for your help, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 16 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #50

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I just found a bug in parking across SoA/Tob boundaries. I have a fix but I want to clean it up a bit if possible. Seems the transition does not transition non-party NPCs. As I said, I am now able to do it, but so far it is a kludge. v7.0 will have the fix in some form or other.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 21 2016, 01:40 AM
Post #51

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

v7.0 is up. Finally!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Blaze_Knights
post Dec 6 2021, 07:06 AM
Post #52

Forum Member

I know it's a old post, but this seemed like the right place for me to leave feedback.

Specifically:

I LOVE THIS MOD!!!!!

Thank you very much for all your work. I'd buy you a cup of coffee or a beer or something if I could to thank you.

The only thing that bugs me at all about the mod are the conversations where my protagonist has only 1 option for some of the conversations that you have added. It's not a big gripe, just minor. The pluses of this mod far outweigh the negatives to me.

Thank you again for what you made!

Quote Post
nullset
post Dec 15 2021, 06:26 AM
Post #53

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Blaze_Knights @ Dec 6 2021, 02:06 AM) *
I know it's a old post, but this seemed like the right place for me to leave feedback.

Specifically:

I LOVE THIS MOD!!!!!

Thank you very much for all your work. I'd buy you a cup of coffee or a beer or something if I could to thank you.

The only thing that bugs me at all about the mod are the conversations where my protagonist has only 1 option for some of the conversations that you have added. It's not a big gripe, just minor. The pluses of this mod far outweigh the negatives to me.

Thank you again for what you made!

Thank you, Kind Sir. The explanation for the single-option dialogues is that there is only one of me, and I can handle only a limited number of variables. I make enough mistakes as it is.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Apr 10 2024, 02:24 PM
Post #54

Forum Member

Hello old friend nullset. I seem to have missed your retirement party. Shame on me.

Just wanted to tell you: Your mod was (is) really something. Will never forget it.

Sincerely, Seewead

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th September 2024 - 10:41 AM