Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Least favourite NPC
Lemernis
post Oct 12 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #21

Forum Member

I've found Nalia to be the most boring of the NPCs. And for me, anyway, to be the least interesting of the bunch. I can never quite bring myself not to include Imoen in the party after rescuing her. So Nalia becomes superfluous.

As for the annoyance factor, some of Minsc's lines sometimes start to irritate me a little.

But generally speaking I enjoy a wide variety of party members. I like to mix them up a lot (I use the Happy Patch). I get a kick out of using some of the less popular ones.

Sometimes the chemistry within the party clicks (PC matters here too), and then they all seem great. Other times unlikeble traits a particular NPC may have will seem amplified by to a poor party chemistry overall.

This post has been edited by Lemernis: Oct 13 2006, 12:29 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Ardanis
post Nov 2 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #22

Forum Member

Jan - I dislike such people. And also he's gnome.
Jaheira - though it's not because of her own but rather because of dialog writer's (I do so hate them for what they've done with Jaheira, Elhan and Melissan).

--------------------
aka GeN1e

Quote Post
Odracir
post Nov 3 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #23

Forum Member

I've played Bg2, several times. Since i had the desire of trying all the NPC. I believe that all of them are good, or at least like to hope so. Personaly, i hate iomen, she is a good CRAP! I prefer to have a real thief, and real mages.
I was shocked to see that some persons don't like Edwin!!! He is pretty funny, specially when u make him into a women in the Tomb Mission started by Korgan.
I would say that Cenrd is pretty good, but i think it is unfair to use him. When he goes to "wolvarine" mode, he is too good, and makes the game just to easy. I am not sure, but think that at higher lvls (with the patch to unlock the lvl restriction), he can be a greater "wolvarine".
I don't like Minsc, but that is because i had him for to many times, BG1 and BG2!!! He is pretty cool
NPCs i really never could stand was Valygnar... I always killed him, for his blood!! He is just rude, and no good NPC would be hidding in a wood cabin wink.gif!
HAHAHA happy.gif
Viconia is very strange in the love stories... eheheh
Regards,
Me

Quote Post
Ambrosia
post Nov 29 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #24

Forum Member

I absolutely hate Anomen. He's gotta be one of the most annoying NPC's I have ever came across.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 3 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #25

Retired team member

Time to bring up another old topic!

My least favorite is Cernd. His only use is as a decoy.

That said, I noticed this comment...

QUOTE(NOG @ Sep 25 2006, 02:50 PM) *
Wow, you guys are vicious. I'd never take someone just to kill them off, well, except Khalid from BGI, but you have to if you want Jaheira.

If you want only one of the NPCs of a pair in BG1, just go inside a building you never intend on entering again, put the unwanted NPC in a far corner and get rid of him. Then run out of the building before he can talk. I did this with the Jaheira/Khalid pair (and also Minsc/Dynaheir), but not to get rid of Khalid. I actually like Khalid, so he stayed in my party. Jaheira was the one to go. So now you don't have to be evil by bumping off Khalid. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"I like criticism, but it must be my way." - Mark Twain

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Quote Post
Valiant
post May 5 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #26

3ds Max Mage
Group Icon

Mod Developer

Definetely Jan, Cernd and Haer´Dalis.

Usually I go through with my standard party - male PC(palladin, for the capability of wielding Holy Avenger, or fighter), Minsc, Imoen, Jaheira, Viconia and Valygar. In fact I don´t need the rest of them, hehe...smile.gif

--------------------
Valiant

Tower Of Deception creator.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post May 5 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #27

Retired team member

Nice to see you have about the same dislikes that I have, Valiant. biggrin.gif

Judging by your avatar, you have the same favorite, too!

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"I like criticism, but it must be my way." - Mark Twain

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Quote Post
Kerkes
post Jul 22 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #28

Forum Member
Tactical reputation: 1

1)Jaheira. Very useful she is, but annoying, boring, stubborn....AAAAAGH!
2)Imoen. You don't need a thief and sorcerers are better
3)Anomen. When I take him I make sure that he becomes chaotic neutral. 20 giants? HAHAHA

Quote Post
dzidek1983
post Aug 8 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #29

Forum Member

Korgan.. for sure.. he loves money to much... plus i don't really like evil dwarves

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 09:51 PM