Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Portrait Obsession
Sir_Carnifex
post Sep 3 2012, 05:15 AM
Post #221

Retired team member

Just for the fun of it, I tried drawing, from scratch, the same face that I did earlier. I put it next to that which I was trying to copy. Note that I didn't put one over the other to get proportions or anything. It was entirely freehand just to see what I could do. I probably need a wee bit more practice before I can do hand-drawn (or should I say mouse-drawn?) portraits.

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"I like criticism, but it must be my way." - Mark Twain

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post Sep 3 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #222

Retired team member

Anomen with a younger face:

--------------------
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 6 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #223

GOD

Retired team member

Nice stuff, the face still seems a little out of place with the armor but every pic you're getting closer.

I've given up trying to get perfect Baldurization, now I'm just going for entertaining myself.

Something I did for someone at SHS but not sure if it will be good enough, no matter, I like Elizabeth Banks (the source photo).

Attached File  auroraL.png ( 180.53k ) Number of downloads: 2

Also I like Scarlett Johanssen...but who doesn't? Hair still gives me a problem but meh....

Attached File  scarlettL.png ( 182.13k ) Number of downloads: 9

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 6 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #224

GOD

Retired team member

Loved the world over...by some:

Attached File  bieberL.png ( 107.76k ) Number of downloads: 2

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 6 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #225

GOD

Retired team member

And another:

Attached File  zooeyL.png ( 101.01k ) Number of downloads: 4

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post Sep 7 2012, 04:26 AM
Post #226

Retired team member

QUOTE(Rabain @ Sep 6 2012, 10:47 AM) *
Also I like Scarlett Johanssen...but who doesn't? Hair still gives me a problem but meh....

Who? mellow.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 8 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #227

GOD

Retired team member

I was thinking today that with BGEE some people might like BG portrait blanks that they could just stick any face into, even their own.

For example:

Attached File  EGREYL.png ( 121.54k ) Number of downloads: 7

Get a passport photo of yourself, chop out your face, stick it in the hood, erase the bit that goes over the fingertip, maybe add some shadows on the outer edge, you're done.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post Sep 8 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #228

Retired team member

Turn those hands into black gloves and you have a ringwraith.

--------------------

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 8 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #229

GOD

Retired team member

Hehe, Nazgul, Child of Bhaal...?

Alternative Minsc?

Attached File  barb2L.png ( 121.58k ) Number of downloads: 10

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 8 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #230

GOD

Retired team member

Alora's unmentioned twin sister:

Attached File  errorL.png ( 118.98k ) Number of downloads: 5

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post Sep 9 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #231

Retired team member

I was thinking Nazgul at first, like I mentioned, but why not something a little more BG-oriented? Like this:

On the "new Minsc" the skin tone between the head and the body is slightly different. Perhaps, that a small tweak more to the red might work with the color balance or hue tool?

This post has been edited by Sir_Carnifex: Sep 9 2012, 03:25 AM

--------------------

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 9 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #232

GOD

Retired team member

Nice though it might be more fitting if the skull was bone instead of a golden hue.

Yeah the main problem I had with MinscB was that the body from the BG portrait has very smooth skin appearance and the head was heavily textured. No matter what coloration I tried there was always a difference.

One thing I try to remember is that all these are the Epilogue size portraits and many of the issues are really not noticeable at 110x170. Also a reason why I don't like many of the full body portraits people use, they look great in large but really fail in game when reduced down.

Quote Post
Sir_Carnifex
post Sep 9 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #233

Retired team member

The skull was bone, but I darkened it because of the hood. Now that you mention it it does look more gold than shaded though. Bummer.

The shiny skin on the one portrait seems to be obtained by an extensive use of light with dark and almost avoiding shades that are between. At least, that's how I came moderately close to it in the redo of Anomen up above.

I also don't like the full body portraits for the reason you mentioned, but also because they don't match the original portraits at all.

Are you intending on putting a portrait pack together, or just do this for the sake of something interesting to do?

This post has been edited by Sir_Carnifex: Sep 9 2012, 08:40 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 9 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #234

GOD

Retired team member

Just for the sake of something interesting to do. There is a gallery up with some of the really old stuff I did a few years ago here at BWL and I have a mod that gives a dialog portrait (the smallest size) to every npc in BG2, that was funny and time consuming to do. I had a forum of my own up until recently but it was too much effort with everything else going on in life.

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/~rabain/rabgallery/

I'll continue to mess around with portraits as long as it entertains me, even if no one is watching. smile.gif

Quote Post
Rabain
post Sep 10 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #235

GOD

Retired team member

Did this today, not sure about how well it meshes with the clothing but I think the skin tones are at least decent:

Attached File  songL.png ( 118.72k ) Number of downloads: 8

Attached File  Head_01.jpg ( 51.79k ) Number of downloads: 2

Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 08:08 PM