Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Testing v 7.0, random things
Sikret
post Jun 16 2024, 10:45 PM
Post #21

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

If I cast speak with aniamls on it Sibel says "I will not tolerate any harm done to the innocent folk of my village, charname"
Just tested and I can confirm that this bug exists.

Critto, my guess is that S!shost.bcs is the culprit. Can you check?

what does tristan's blessing do? Is it supposed to do something?

Permanent +1 to Wisdom

Any hints on the location? City is quite a big place smile.gif!

Location of what?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 16 2024, 10:52 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

Critto, my guess is that S!shost.bcs is the culprit. Can you check?
Yes, it is. I will devise the fix some time during the week, we'll ship it with the next update, since this isn't a critical issue.

If I cast speak with aniamls on it Sibel says

The cat can be talked to without the spell (which might be an oversight, but I'll think about it separately). Thanks for the bug report.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 16 2024, 10:54 PM
Post #23

Forum Member

Any hints on the location? City is quite a big place smile.gif!

Location of what?

Whatever Howard hides

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 16 2024, 11:03 PM
Post #24

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

We intentionally made it so that the animals in this area do not require Speak with Animals spell, because the party may not have a druid or a ranger. It was not an oversight.

We just need to fix S!shost.bcs so that the spell is not considered a hostile action.

Whatever Howard hides

No hints except what you chose (city vs. dungeon).

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 11:42 AM
Post #25

Forum Member

Should have picked dungeon smile.gif.

Here's some general feedback so far:

- New areas look superb!
- Buried Ambitions is nicely spread out (hace 2 clues so far)
- Sibel's quest (or initial one I assume) was great!
- New monsters!!
- Updated & renewed graphics for monsters are very nice!
- Bottomless bags of holding would be nice, we tend to run out of space quite fast

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 17 2024, 11:43 AM

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 17 2024, 12:37 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Premium Member

- Buried Ambitions is nicely spread out (hace 2 clues so far)
There's still one more left. It's accessible in ch2-3, if you haven't found it – means you haven't explored well enough ;-) I saw your planned route in the journal thread, don't rush into ch4.

- Bottomless bags of holding would be nice, we tend to run out of space quite fast

I think the capacity of the main bags (the ones you find in pirate's hideout and the one in spellhold) was actually improved in this release.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 17 2024, 01:00 PM
Post #27

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 04:12 PM) *

Thank you.

SPOILER!
My guess is that there was still more in the village than you saw, which is not a bad thing, because it adds to the mod's "replaying value". I'll be waiting for other players' reports and will compare the different reports. Sibel's village is actually an optimization programming problem. A computer programmer or a mathematician can even model it and solve it for the optimal course of action. I'm proud of its design. But I also liked the way you played it with role-playing perspective in mind without trying to reload the game countless times to check what happens if you do those stuff differently.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 01:44 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 17 2024, 01:00 PM) *
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 04:12 PM) *

Thank you.

SPOILER!
My guess is that there was still more in the village than you saw, which is not a bad thing, because it adds to the mod's "replaying value". I'll be waiting for other players' reports and will compare the different reports. Sibel's village is actually an optimization programming problem. A computer programmer or a mathematician can even model it and solve it for the optimal course of action. I'm proud of its design. But I also liked the way you played it with role-playing perspective in mind without trying to reload the game countless times to check what happens if you do those stuff differently.

Well, no-one was talking to me anymore so I think I was quite thorough. Didn't try talking to the cat smile.gif

There's still one more left. It's accessible in ch2-3, if you haven't found it – means you haven't explored well enough ;-) I saw your planned route in the journal thread, don't rush into ch4.

Any other hints? I'm not rushing to chapter 4, it's just that I'm reaching the exp cap quite soon(ish). I was planning on leaving temple ruins & wk post spellhold. but is that a mistake? Also, I just probably have only today and then there's a longer break smile.gif.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 17 2024, 01:50 PM

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jun 17 2024, 02:02 PM
Post #29

Forum Member

Well, no-one was talking to me anymore so I think I was quite thorough. Didn't try talking to the cat
From info that you provided I am pretty sure that you did everything you could in the village, it's just that some things that you did could be more... optimised smile.gif

Any other hints? I'm not rushing to chapter 4, it's just that I'm reaching the exp cap quite soon(ish). I was planning on leaving temple ruins & wk post spellhold. but is that a mistake? Also, I just probably have only today and then there's a longer break smile.gif.

You're gaining your exp awfully fast biggrin.gif In my test run I managed to do all "standard" things and even beat Teshal + Samia before getting close to exp cap, without going to WK at all. And as for your question - new Druid Stronghold quest gives a purpose to all Werewolf groups you meet, try to remember where else you can meet such creatures. My hint will be as follows:
SPOILER!
Two encounters are in an outside area and one is located in a dungeon.

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Jun 17 2024, 02:02 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 02:11 PM
Post #30

Forum Member

Haha. I have two notes from "dungeons" dry.gif ... ?

But I guess that's one outside area left. I'll see if I can figure this out.

TheShal is a pretty good fight to clear pre spellhold.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 17 2024, 02:15 PM

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 17 2024, 02:12 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Premium Member

Any other hints?

I don't want to spoil too much, but the possibilities have been mentioned already during the discussions here smile.gif At some point in CH3 (you won't miss it, it happens during the main plot line) you'll get a more direct hint, pay attention to it.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 02:22 PM
Post #32

Forum Member

Ok!

I appreciate that! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 02:34 PM
Post #33

Forum Member

ok! got the hint. you are right, could have not missed it.

hmh. this changes my plans though. but ok, let's see how this goes.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 17 2024, 02:43 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 04:55 PM
Post #34

Forum Member

allright, so found it & defended succesfully. it looks like the next things will do are in next chapters? this correct?

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jun 17 2024, 04:59 PM
Post #35

Forum Member

How did you like the SPOILER!
siege
? Can you share some thoughts and/or potential issues you've noticed regarding the fight?

it looks like the next things will do are in next chapters? this correct?

SPOILER!
Yes

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Jun 17 2024, 05:00 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 05:17 PM
Post #36

Forum Member

It worked fine. The attackers are a little bit scattered so we had to actually search for the attackers a little bit, as in running around the map.

The new graphics are awesome (And the new monsters as well!).

Will play through again with more time in the next few days if I have the chance.

I'm super happy Sibel made a level before the fight as those extra spells will come in superbly handy.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 17 2024, 05:17 PM

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 17 2024, 05:24 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Premium Member

It worked fine. The attackers are a little bit scattered so we had to actually search for the attackers a little bit, as in running around the map.

Interesting. What was your tactics? Did you stay in the centre of the map (where the encounter begins) or spread out completely?

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 05:25 PM
Post #38

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 17 2024, 02:02 PM) *
From info that you provided I am pretty sure that you did everything you could in the village, it's just that some things that you did could be more... optimised smile.gif

I played it through twice, but I think I got all. Not sure ofc. rolleyes.gif

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 17 2024, 07:09 PM
Post #39

Forum Member

QUOTE(critto @ Jun 17 2024, 05:24 PM) *

Interesting. What was your tactics? Did you stay in the centre of the map (where the encounter begins) or spread out completely?

SPOILER!

crew:

PC Auramaster
Mich Berserker
Sibel
Jaheira
Nalia
Custom F/I

Start with contigencies stoneskins on sight of enemy. F/I IH minsc + minute meteors. Nalia strength, Sibel aeriel servant, holy power + righetous magic. Jaheira summon cs, holy power + skins. Haste everything, IH Minsc + Jaheira. PC summon bears, then flame arrows & npp's & pfl. Towards the end we have Minsc berserking, Jaheira under skins, CC, IH + 22 str (or so) and Sibel with 25str + pfl (shield of harmony) whacking Jagul.

stay at the centre. mass cure's are wonderful here (sibel has many), so are minute meteors + IH'd Berserker & fully buffed Avenger.

Quote Post
lxgxnd9
post Jun 17 2024, 07:13 PM
Post #40

Forum Member

Must be missing something in Sibel's area

SPOILER!
Have powder ingredient A/B/C, 6 Arcanis coins even the boots of speed and have the Saw, while the other 2 components were used to get "The engine is humming along nicely" No one from what I can tell has any other dialogue so I must be missing something greatly.

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2024 - 07:48 PM