Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mod/Web Updates
Galactygon
post Dec 5 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #61

Group Icon

Mod Developer

12-5-04

I have thought it might be a good idea to post what the main menu theme will most likely be (it is used by the Wake of Gods mod for Heroes 3).

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/MainMenu.mp3 (I might advise you to save the file and play it off-line than on-line)

It will be a replacement to the existing one (yet another one of those I-don't-like features of BG2).

And yeah, despite little posts, there are updates going on reagarding the mod.

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Dec 5 2004, 11:44 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Echon
post Dec 6 2004, 08:43 AM
Post #62

Forum Member

Please, no. This song does not fit into BG2.

-Echon

--------------------

Quote Post
igi
post Dec 6 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #63

IESDP Guardian

Forum Member

I agree with Echon, the music doesnt seem to fit BG2.
Though, I am all for changing the menu music - I start BG2 with the sound muted, as it is so annoying.

--------------------

Quote Post
SimDing0
post Dec 6 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #64

Forum Member

I quite like the ToB menu music.

Quote Post
Baronius
post Dec 6 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #65

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Go ahead, Galactygon.

The music of ToB and SoA (and of every IE game) is beautiful but this one wasn't bad either and some new, some refreshing is always good. Since I don't know its original location, I'm not influenced so perhaps this is the reason why I have nothing against the music suggested by Gal.

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Dec 6 2004, 08:34 PM
Post #66

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I had thoughts on making this part an optional and seperate download, and the differing opinions reinforce those thoughts.

I also planned on making another (optional) download that replaces the combat music to BG1 and perhaps a theme or two with its IWD1 counterpart.

Baronius: I never knew you played WoG!

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Dec 6 2004, 08:36 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
SimDing0
post Dec 6 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #67

Forum Member

Lower Dorn's Deep music > BG2 music.

Quote Post
Kalindor
post Dec 6 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #68

Forum Member

I am not a big fan of this music selection. Doesn't seem to fit the BG2 mood, as stated already. I'd still use the mod if it was a necessary component, though. It's not THAT big of a deal...

Quote Post
Baronius
post Dec 7 2004, 04:51 PM
Post #69

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Galactygon: I didn't... I found the music good because I had downloaded it and had listened to the mp3 file.

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Dec 8 2004, 01:20 AM
Post #70

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Baronius: I misread your post

Since I don't know its original location

I read it as do rather than don't. So, apologies.

I also forgot to mention that they might not fit the current theme, it might fit better with the new interface (don't forget that I am applying modifications to the theme I already gave BG2). All we have to do is wait and see which musical theme fits better once we get to the actual implementation.

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Dec 8 2004, 02:01 AM

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Dec 13 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #71

Group Icon

Mod Developer

12-13-04

For those who are curious, here is an entire .rtf file containing all the new and modified priest spells (without the quest level). A few things within are bound to change as I work my way through them, but this is pretty much final.

In case you see any spelling errors, I wouldn't mind any reports. In fact, I encourage them.

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/lostcr...riestspells.rtf

I will later on change the website to reflect the current changes as well as make an array of new updates (including the notorious news section). The past server issues with TeamBG and BW has frustrated me into constantly delaying it (I might have mentioned this somewhere, sometime).

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Dec 13 2004, 08:46 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
egm
post Dec 14 2004, 05:17 PM
Post #72

Eminence Grise Machiavelic
Group Icon

Mod Developer

Hi, I've send you a couple messages. If you're interested, just answer me smile.gif

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Dec 14 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #73

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I noticed, I just don't have as much time these days to answer a lot of PMs and e-mails.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
egm
post Dec 14 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #74

Eminence Grise Machiavelic
Group Icon

Mod Developer

Oki doki biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 11 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #75

Group Icon

Mod Developer

1-11-05

I have done some more GuI work ~ all of the GuI that isn't in-game, except the multiplayer and character generation are fully complete.

I am starting to work on integrating EGM's work with mine.

In case anybody has noticed, I have been unable to re-upload V2 of SpellPack. I will not bother with that anymore; I will upload V3, when I get to it.

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Jan 14 2005, 12:58 AM

--------------------

Quote Post
SirLancelot
post Jan 13 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #76

Forum Member

1-11-04

Wow!

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 14 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #77

Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(SirLancelot @ Jan 13 2005, 11:34 PM)
1-11-04

Wow!

rolleyes.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 27 2005, 12:03 AM
Post #78

Group Icon

Mod Developer

1-26-05

I have done quite a bit of work up until now. I have resumed my work on the GuI mod. The inventory stands nice and ready, as well as the mage and priest books. The journal GuI is also at the polishing stage.

I have used various BG1 and IWD2 elements in the above mentioned. For example, the background for the mage/priest/journal screens all come from BG1, not to mention the scrollbar of the journal screen. On the other hand, the font, the title, and the stone slabs come from IWD2. They complement each other perfectly (in my view, at least).

The next screenshot update will include screenshots from each of those screens.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Falkentyne
post Feb 10 2005, 07:53 AM
Post #79

Forum Member

Greetings,

Does your spellpack address the munchkiness of the mirror image spell?
For some reason, in -all- of the IE games, area effect spells are -absorbed- by the images, only causing you to lose 1 image (unless you take constant damage), unless the die roll causes the spell to hit the mage, instead of the image.
And of course this applies to traps, too. This makes mirror image so powerful, that it's on par with 7th level mage spells... A mage with mirror image, stoneskin, some magic reflecting/absorbing spells (Like globe of invulnerability) and protection from weapons is literally untouchable by anything. (will a BREACH even work on a mirror imaged mage, or will it just cancel one of the images? blink.gif

MI doesn't absorb fireballs (at the mere cost of an image) in P&P sad.gif

Also, does your spellpack change prayer and chant so it actually affects the to-hit rolls (shown by a - to hit, if you have roll details turned on) of the *monsters*, instead of just the party? (and the TDD Prayer is WORSE Than chant or bless, because all it does is give you +1 saves and damage, -nothing- more).

I actaully got so sick of TDD's prayer that I modded it myself, so it performs with a "chant" effect (so I get the +1 to hit), and I added a -1 to hit for Globaltargetexcludingparty, so my ugly dirty version of prayer gives party +1 to hit, +1 save bonus, and monsters -1 to hit, -1 save penalty, though no damage bonus or penalty (as i don't know how to add that without trashing the entire spell), and since it's a "chant" effect spell, its not culumative with chant sad.gif

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Feb 10 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #80

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Does your spellpack address the munchkiness of the mirror image spell?
For some reason, in -all- of the IE games, area effect spells are -absorbed- by the images, only causing you to lose 1 image (unless you take constant damage), unless the die roll causes the spell to hit the mage, instead of the image.
And of course this applies to traps, too.  This makes mirror image so powerful, that it's on par with 7th level mage spells... A mage with mirror image, stoneskin, some magic reflecting/absorbing spells (Like globe of invulnerability) and protection from weapons is literally untouchable by anything.  (will a BREACH even work on a mirror imaged mage, or will it just cancel one of the images?  blink.gif
I didn't have that planned in spellpack yet, since it (obviously) requires me to modify dozens of area effect spells to dispel the images and apply the damage. Lost Crossroads will indeed have it when released; I have planned that tweak eons ago.

Also, does your spellpack change prayer and chant so it actually affects the to-hit rolls (shown by a - to hit, if you have roll details turned on) of the *monsters*, instead of just the party?  (and the TDD Prayer is WORSE Than chant or bless, because all it does is give you +1 saves and damage, -nothing- more).

You couldn't have found a better place to ask that question. smile.gif Yes, SpellPack addresses both prayer and chant, and recitation is added too.

At the moment, I still haven't reuploaded the mod, but I won't bother with uploading v2 anymore; v3 will come this weekend, I promise.

I actaully got so sick of TDD's prayer that I modded it myself, so it performs with a "chant" effect (so I get the +1 to hit), and I added a -1 to hit for Globaltargetexcludingparty, so my ugly dirty version of prayer gives party +1 to hit, +1 save bonus, and monsters -1 to hit, -1 save penalty, though no damage bonus or penalty (as i don't know how to add that without trashing the entire spell), and since it's a "chant" effect spell, its not culumative with chant sad.gif

I already got that one fixed; it now works exactly like the prayer spell in PnP, not to mention it is cumulative with chant (but not with itself).

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 01:21 PM