@3=Experienced Gamers' Talk Timing Adjustments -> A Lot Faster
@4=Turn Multiple Romance On
@5=Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullset
@6=Rjali's Class Type -> Original: Multi Class Cleric Thief
@7=Rjali's Class Type -> New: Sorcerer
@8=Rjali's Equipment
Tra=0

[Description]
Mod-EN=Rjali NPC MOD is a romance add-on for the game Baldur's Gate II Extended Edition, with the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.||Rjali is an amorous cleric/thief or sorcerer who will not leave your side. You just cannot get rid of her. She will accept your other amours as long as you take good care of her. Primary interests: romance and the search for the perfect taco. She is strictly a one man woman, and you are that man. She refuses to have anything to do with female and/or evil PCs.||This mod is intended only for heterosexual, non-evil males. My apologies to all those other gamers who are otherwise amorously inclined. I am an old guy with limited tastes. This is not intended as a slight, but as an expression of my own daydreams. As for yours, roll your own with my blessing. So to speak...
Mod-GE=Rjali NPC MOD is a romance add-on for the game Baldur's Gate II Extended Edition, with the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.||Rjali is an amorous cleric/thief or sorcerer who will not leave your side. You just cannot get rid of her. She will accept your other amours as long as you take good care of her. Primary interests: romance and the search for the perfect taco. She is strictly a one man woman, and you are that man. She refuses to have anything to do with female and/or evil PCs.||This mod is intended only for heterosexual, non-evil males. My apologies to all those other gamers who are otherwise amorously inclined. I am an old guy with limited tastes. This is not intended as a slight, but as an expression of my own daydreams. As for yours, roll your own with my blessing. So to speak...
Mod-RU=Rjali NPC MOD is a romance add-on for the game Baldur's Gate II Extended Edition, with the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.||Rjali is an amorous cleric/thief or sorcerer who will not leave your side. You just cannot get rid of her. She will accept your other amours as long as you take good care of her. Primary interests: romance and the search for the perfect taco. She is strictly a one man woman, and you are that man. She refuses to have anything to do with female and/or evil PCs.||This mod is intended only for heterosexual, non-evil males. My apologies to all those other gamers who are otherwise amorously inclined. I am an old guy with limited tastes. This is not intended as a slight, but as an expression of my own daydreams. As for yours, roll your own with my blessing. So to speak...

Select.txt:

ANN;Preliminary Setup
STD;rjali;0;12;0111;
ANN;Talk Timing Adjustments
MUC;rjali;Init;12;0111;
MUC;rjali;1;12;0111;
MUC;rjali;2;12;0000;
MUC;rjali;3;12;0000;
ANN;Turn Multiple Romance On
STD;rjali;4;12;0111;
ANN;Rjali NPC
STD;rjali;5;12;0111;
MUC;rjali;Init;12;0111;
ANN;Rjali as Cleric/Thief
MUC;rjali;6;12;0111;
ANN;Rjali as Sorcerer
MUC;rjali;7;12;0000;
ANN;Rjali's Equipment
STD;rjali;8;12;0111;

ANN = annotation
STD = a standard (stand-alone) component
MUC = multiple choice (init line starts a sub-menu)

Is it required to install either 6 or 7 with Rjali, or can you install 5 alone?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 30 2016, 07:17 PM
Post #22

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Rjali v5.1 is on its way up. I already updated the readme. Thank you for all your help.

6 and 7 are the cre files. One of them must be selected with 5. This should be assured as I force them when 5 is installed. 6 is the default.

This post has been edited by nullset: Jan 30 2016, 07:23 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 30 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #23

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Rjali v5.1 now uploaded. Go nuts!

This post has been edited by nullset: Jan 30 2016, 08:05 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 30 2016, 08:54 PM
Post #24

Forum Member

Edit: the download link is working now, and this mod is now enabled in BWS.

This post has been edited by agb1: Jan 30 2016, 09:49 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 30 2016, 10:02 PM
Post #25

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I don't even know what a TPA file is! Yet. I'll look into it. Thanx again.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Feb 2 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #26

Forum Member

Glad that your mod is now member of BWS corporation and even more for extra content rolling in upcoming v.6. One question though: does your component Multi romances make the same component from BG2 tweaks unnecessary? Can mod romances not affected by your mod ( for instance Kiara Zaiya, don't know if you heard of it ) still kill vanilla Bioware's if they reach committed phase before them? Thanks in advance and do be quick with that Dream door ( and other ) stuff. biggrin.gif wink.gif thumb.gif

This post has been edited by my very bad english: Feb 2 2016, 10:45 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Feb 3 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #27

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(my very bad english @ Feb 2 2016, 05:35 PM) *
Glad that your mod is now member of BWS corporation and even more for extra content rolling in upcoming v.6. One question though: does your component Multi romances make the same component from BG2 tweaks unnecessary? Can mod romances not affected by your mod ( for instance Kiara Zaiya, don't know if you heard of it ) still kill vanilla Bioware's if they reach committed phase before them? Thanks in advance and do be quick with that Dream door ( and other ) stuff. biggrin.gif wink.gif thumb.gif

v6 is a LONG way off; there is a lot of thought and work, and I am one person.

I believe that the BG2 Tweaks multiple romance is still needed. Other romance mods that are not specifically targetted in Rjali will go about their business as usual; if that involves killing vanilla romances, that is what will happen. The only proviso here is that Rjali will blame it on the PC. This also applies to mods that Rjali covers IF THEY ARE INSTALLED AFTER RJALI. She needs them up and available for tweaking. If you have any suggestions for romance mods to be coverred by Rjali, lemme know and I will put it on my list of things-to-do. It's a good thing that I have a Luck Dragon, because I am certainly living in the never-ending-story!

Dream doors has not gelled yet. I Dream of Jini, however, is beginning to take shape. No spoilers, but you can expect some crossover from PST. Working on techniques. Gonna be a while before the story firms up and gets fleshed out (so to speak).

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Feb 3 2016, 04:07 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Feb 3 2016, 03:50 PM) *
QUOTE(my very bad english @ Feb 2 2016, 05:35 PM) *

v6 is a LONG way off; there is a lot of thought and work, and I am one person.

I believe that the BG2 Tweaks multiple romance is still needed. Other romance mods that are not specifically targetted in Rjali will go about their business as usual; if that involves killing vanilla romances, that is what will happen. The only proviso here is that Rjali will blame it on the PC. This also applies to mods that Rjali covers IF THEY ARE INSTALLED AFTER RJALI. She needs them up and available for tweaking. If you have any suggestions for romance mods to be coverred by Rjali, lemme know and I will put it on my list of things-to-do. It's a good thing that I have a Luck Dragon, because I am certainly living in the never-ending-story!

Dream doors has not gelled yet. I Dream of Jini, however, is beginning to take shape. No spoilers, but you can expect some crossover from PST. Working on techniques. Gonna be a while before the story firms up and gets fleshed out (so to speak).

Thanks for answers. And don't rush, quality things take time. About romances, I have no particular requests (Jaheira and Viconia in polyamorous relationship with main character and they know it, can man ask for more : biggrin.gif) but this link maybe can help you if something catch your fancy: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41571-bg1-b...ion-list-ver-2/. Bear in mind that majority of romances are still for non EE games, but that will soon change I reckon. Also your readme states that Rjali is still for BG2:EE while BWS states that she is now BGT compatible ( to my delight, I hope this is true ). Thanks for this mod and please make it even better.

Quote Post
nullset
post Feb 3 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #29

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Rjali is ONLY BG2EE compatable. It will not run on soa, tob or bgt. Or any of the others, for that matter. I have no current plans to work on this problem. Got enough on my hands.

The only thing I can see is that my Eternal Imoen mod has been upgraded to be compatable with bg2ee, tob and soa. Not bgt, though.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Feb 12 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #30

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Feb 3 2016, 03:50 PM) *
If you have any suggestions for romance mods to be coverred by Rjali, lemme know and I will put it on my list of things-to-do. It's a good thing that I have a Luck Dragon, because I am certainly living in the never-ending-story!

If your offer is still valid maybe you could include this spirited lady: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25048
She seems interesting with a lot of potential. Unfortunately I think she is only compatible with no EE games and abandoned by her author.

Quote Post
nullset
post Feb 12 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #31

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

The offer is still valid but, I had a look. I doesn't qualify on several accounts. 1st and formost, it is for a Mac, and I only work on a PC. 2nd, it isn't EE and I am only EE (at least with Rjali). 3rd, it is unfinished and untested making it not a viable candidate. I certainly have no time to take it over. I also looked at Sime and, unfortunately, she is part of a much larger mod which I don't have the time to decypher. Sorry about that.

Big plans for Rjali v6 already, which are going to take many months (maybe even a year) to accomplish. As a teaser, think PST.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Feb 13 2016, 11:36 AM
Post #32

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Feb 12 2016, 11:49 PM) *
The offer is still valid but, I had a look. I doesn't qualify on several accounts. 1st and formost, it is for a Mac, and I only work on a PC. 2nd, it isn't EE and I am only EE (at least with Rjali). 3rd, it is unfinished and untested making it not a viable candidate. I certainly have no time to take it over. I also looked at Sime and, unfortunately, she is part of a much larger mod which I don't have the time to decypher. Sorry about that.

Big plans for Rjali v6 already, which are going to take many months (maybe even a year) to accomplish. As a teaser, think PST.

All valid points. Didn't have a clue that Lena is only for Mac. In any case, good luck with Rjali and I hope your creative muse will allow you to release next version soon enough...

Quote Post
nullset
post Feb 13 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #33

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(my very bad english @ Feb 13 2016, 06:36 AM) *
In any case, good luck with Rjali and I hope your creative muse will allow you to release next version soon enough...

The muse isn't a problem. I could wish she weren't so ambitious! This thing is turning into a monster. It's going to take a long time simply because there is so damned much to do. Initially, it was this thing when...BOOM!...the muse stepped in and insisted that ALL the possibilities be included. Now, I have a certain amount of patience, but this is ridiculous! All I can say is that it will be out when it is out. I'll give you a heads-up when it gets close. Don't hold your breathe...

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Apr 15 2016, 11:45 AM
Post #34

Forum Member

Glad that you make good progress with new version, sorry that I don't have a pleasure to enjoy your mod since I'm stuck
with good, old BGT. One correction about Lena, fiery tiefling chick if you remember, I have her installed in my current game so she is not Mac exclusive. Hopefully, until you are done, EE games will be properly fixed, patched, improved, more mod friendly and so on, so I can finally meet her. Keep up good work.

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 15 2016, 12:31 PM
Post #35

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(my very bad english @ Apr 15 2016, 07:45 AM) *
Glad that you make good progress with new version, sorry that I don't have a pleasure to enjoy your mod since I'm stuck
with good, old BGT. One correction about Lena, fiery tiefling chick if you remember, I have her installed in my current game so she is not Mac exclusive. Hopefully, until you are done, EE games will be properly fixed, patched, improved, more mod friendly and so on, so I can finally meet her.

I'll have another look at Lena. EE games are mod friendly! They're just a bit different from the non-EE versions. Note the mods that *are* addressed by Rjali; they are all EE-compatable. Most mods are these days. I'll address the EET problem when it actually comes out, as I *do* plan to be compatable with that.

I might release v6 before including all the banters I should put in, but that is still one or two months away. EE *is* jacking around, and the restrictions on adding animations keep changing! It makes me crazy (as if I needed help in that department).

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Apr 15 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #36

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Apr 15 2016, 12:31 PM) *
QUOTE(my very bad english @ Apr 15 2016, 07:45 AM) *
with good, old BGT. One correction about Lena, fiery tiefling chick if you remember, I have her installed in my current game so she is not Mac exclusive. Hopefully, until you are done, EE games will be properly fixed, patched, improved, more mod friendly and so on, so I can finally meet her.

I'll have another look at Lena. EE games are mod friendly! They're just a bit different from the non-EE versions. Note the mods that *are* addressed by Rjali; they are all EE-compatable. Most mods are these days. I'll address the EET problem when it actually comes out, as I *do* plan to be compatable with that.

I might release v6 before including all the banters I should put in, but that is still one or two months away. EE *is* jacking around, and the restrictions on adding animations keep changing! It makes me crazy (as if I needed help in that department).

Well, it seems that 2.0 patch wasn't brilliant success ( and I mean strictly from technical viewpoint, I don't want to enter to another controversies tied with SOD expansion ) and my own experiences with BG EE from it's early days didn't left me exactly thrilled with it. Hopefully EET will be another matter. In any case, best of luck with Rjali, hope it will bring many new good things in the game. thumb.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post May 31 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #37

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Dunno what you're on about. While I have had a few problems with BG2EE, they're no more than I have come to expect from ANY PC game. What really frosts my butt is Windows 10: the new DirectX does not support tiling and many of the screen shots have lines from slightly mismatched tiles. I thought for a while that it was just the areas I brought in from PST, but it happens with regular BG2EE areas as well. DEFENESTRATE BILL GATES!!!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Jun 8 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #38

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ May 31 2016, 02:10 PM) *
DEFENESTRATE BILL GATES!!!

Only maybe possible in Prague I'm afraid... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by my very bad english: Jun 8 2016, 05:20 PM

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jun 12 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #39

Forum Member

Dear favourite mod-master dry.gif ,

yesterday I was finally able to find some time to cruise through the files of your version 6.n, because I am already so curious, you know. Unfortunately it will be August before I can gather some decent piece of time to start a new run of the game, where I can enjoy your new version with all the many novelties. Browsing through your files I was more than impressed. Seems like the amount of content nearly doubled since version 5.0. You must have been working like a slave! blink.gif

If I may be so bold, let me pass a few remarks:

QUOTE(nullset @ Jun 6 2016, 08:13 PM) *
By your request (or so I read it), I also re-instituted bantergoose. I searched for a downloadable copy, but it appears only to be imbedded in other mods.

Excuse me so much, but in my immense hunger for new parts I was afraid you could have diminished content by deleting "bantergoose" out of the mod. That was why I was asking about it. I admit, it would have been much more mature to ask about it before: So what does "bantergoose" do anyway? You know I am no modder, but yesterday a bit of reading of your mod-files gave me the impression, that "bantergoose" deals only with the time-dilation between the various banters. Dunno - could that be right? And I found a whole section in your mod that will only be installed if "bantergoose" is not, if I remember correctly? Well, please ignore my ignorant pleas and only do as you seem fit. biggrin.gif

I got the impression that your mod could be called "nearly finished" in a way, could it not? I mean: It is stable, there are no obvious holes, there is no _need_ to change anything. I very much would like to thank you for that! smile.gif

Nevertheless I was asking myself: What is nullset up to in the future? Where is the development of the mod going? And how would the ideal rjali-mod look like? Please don't get the feeling that in these lines of mine lies anything other than confirmation and gratitude. These are just some thoughts I wanted to share after reading your files and enjoying your work.

Now first of all I was searching for remarks of yourself what to expect in the future. This is what I found so far:

from your readme (extracts):
"Version n (future development - a note to myself)
- Could try to throw in a reunion bit between game end and the epilogues. (maybe - if possible)
- Another group banter at the deArnise Keep including parked NPCs in ToB.
- Progressive relationship PIDs for parked NPCs.
- Intra-mod and extra-mod banters.
- More interjections."

And:
QUOTE(nullset @ May 15 2016, 04:59 AM) *
I have taken your "returning home feeling" suggestion to heart. In the release AFTER v6.0, I plan to implement PID visit dialogues with parked NPCs. Haven't formulated a rational for another mass group dialogue, but I probably will once I have had a bit of a rest after v6.0.

Well, one should think that the "rest"-part ist exceptionally important after so much work. blush.gif But if you already allow my childish haste: Personally I think that these plans would be sooooo awesome! thumb.gif Just what I would love most!

a.
I guess that the core and the whole idea of the rjali mod, that is: tearing down the firewall between the various romance-mods, should always remain the center and heartpiece. Because this is the aspect that defines the mod and makes it unique in every way. This is the one thing that distinguishes it from any other mod out there.

b.
And from my very own perspective: I have always loved the keep. But I was nearly always disapointed when I paid a visit. There was really nothing much to do. And in spite of the vastness of the rooms and halls there were only 4 or 5 people there, so it felt quite deserted to me. sad.gif So anything to give the keep more meaning and life would mean much to me. I like the idea of the orphans, for example.

a. and b.
These both aspects seem to comine in many ways in your work, which I love very much. I hope you don't mind too much and you don't get angry with me: here are some small (I admit that's a lie: rather big blink.gif ) ideas:

aa.
Making it possible to "park" romances in the keep is no doubt the best idea I ever heard of since I follow modding of baldurs gate. This applies to the original women (Viconia, Jaheira, Neera, Aerie) and the new 3 PST-Girls. And I found in your readme, that you did Branwen and Nalia as well. But if I interpret your file "RJPARK" in \Dialogue\SOA\RJIMOE of version 6.2 correctly you can also park Imoen, could that be right?

Well, in my eyes it could be a major breakthrough to make even more girls "parkable". Well - I am sure this is extraordinary complicated, because every mod has its very one structure and was of course never made for this. Make a wish wub.gif

bb.
QUOTE(nullset @ Jun 5 2016, 08:25 PM) *
[...] I romanced and parked ALL of the parkable NPCs, by almost constantly setting the romance timers to zero via the CLUAConsole, doing only the minimum quests to achieve this end.

Hm, it has been quite a while since I used the CLUAConsole. I am sure not everybody does let alone knows how. So here is my idea: Wouldn't it be great if the process of "parking" an npc would automatically sets its romancetimer to zero? Or even better: does so after a given time? To this end every time you return to the keep and visit the "parked" girls you could continue the romance. Hey, just an idea, man.

cc.
"Progressive relationship PIDs for parked NPCs" - well I don't know what to say: this idea sounds too wonderfull to be true.

dd.
"Another group banter at the deArnise Keep including parked NPCs in ToB" - wow! Could you please do that? I simply can't get enough of group banters (let alone the one evening one could never forget).

ee.
"Intra-mod and extra-mod banters": Well, this it what makes the npcs come to life, is it not? So what happend in the keep between your absence? What did the "parked" ladys do? I am quite sure you would not recognize the keep after some girls live there for a few weaks. First of all: Who gets which room? Did they fight it out? First comes first? Did they draw straws? Do certain girls share the same bed willingly? Is one snoring? And what about the female cook? Did the girls teach her to cook a different cuisine? Does Tyris eat always meat? Who is vegetarian? And where do they have dinner? Will that be in great hall? And what did they do with the furniture? How did they get rid of the blood staines after the fight? And the smell of that? Now how did they do that? And of course they couldn't keep the curtains, couldn't they? I mean, the color was insulting. Though maybe that depends on the room, now does it? What do the girls think of the priest you can get to settle down in the keep? What about the dungeons - have they seen them? Do they use them? Can you live there? Ninde? Viconia? Don't they want to have some pet around? You could guess that - for example - Fade wants to have a beautiful little cat - so where is she and what is her name? Did the girls do any sports in their sparetime - have a regular morning run for example? Any hobbies? Knitting? Seriously? Painting, horse riding - but where are the beautiful horses, man? There are some animals missing, are they not? You should think that Ninde spends her free time in quite a different way than Petsy or Nalia. But maybe they find mutual interests. Tashia can teach Aerie a bit of yoga? Or does Aerie need something else to learn to become more confident? Jaheira should teach her a bit. What about the orphans? Did they do something together? Maybe a picnic? What about some additional games or ballsport with the children? And what will the ladys do during their pregnancy? Change their diet? Find a suitable place for the cradle? ect. etc. etc.

c.
I guess I left out another aspect of the mod that helps it come to life: a little bit mature content that you - in parts - already added. Well, you gave us the night with every girls. What about a little bit mor regular nights with rjali and and one other girl at the same time - wouldn't that be great? For me it would be. ph34r.gif

And another idea, if I may: What about some alternate portraits for special situations? Maybe something a little bit more sexy and cute? I mean: Your girl is not always wearing a chain mail while she is kissing you. You could find a different portrait for the girls that applies only when in the keep. Or when the girl is "parked". Hm, just an idea. Have no clue if something like this is even possible. wacko.gif

O.k. - you are getting angry if I write even more. dry.gif So please let me tell you again how much I appreciate your work and I do not expect anything - your mod is more than great already!

Thank for your patience, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Jun 12 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #40

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Hi, Seewead,

Bantergoose decreases the time between banters. No other section of the mod depends on Bantergoose being installed. However, it will only be installed if one of the speed-up options is installed.

v6 already has a few PIDs for parked NPCs. Yes, Imoen is parkable once she has been romanced; sorry I didn't make that explicit. As I stated in the readme, I do not plan to make any more parkable, because it would interfere with their story lines. I already stretched things with Imoen, and I only did that because I don't particularly like what they did with her in ToB.

You're right about the CLUAConsole, but the solution to that is not auto-resetting the romance timers of parked NPCs. Remember, they can only be parked after they have reached romance status, and the romance dialogues make no sense applied to a parked NPC. No, the probable solution here is to offer an install or dialogue option to speed up romance dialogues to get the NPCs to "romanced" status quicker, thus eliminating the need for CLUAConsole intervention. Gonna have to think about this one.

ee. All good ideas. As I said, v6 addresses this in a minimal way with NPC PIDs. More to follow.

As to the mature content and alternate portraits, things are about as mature as I can handle right now. This mod is more about love, romance, and personality than sex, which is only an adjunct to the important things.

Working on v7 now, and will be for several months. Already coded the bit about accepting the PST NPCs but picking them up later. Begins the long slow process adding all that content you are on about, plus whatever else my muse sticks me with. Probably do the Romance Accelerator next.

Warning: if you don't ease off on the suggestions, I might not live to finish v7!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 03:36 PM