5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions
Austin87
post Sep 3 2020, 07:13 AM
Post #81

Forum Member

QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 2 2020, 09:49 PM) *
Can you convert the whole VC? Many players love TS and they will be very grateful I believe )
This is a lot of work and a lot of difficult moments. To do this, the mod must at least be completely traified, since its EE-version uses a different text encoding (UTF) and I need to add an automatic transcoder, but it only works with tra. And now there are text lines in the TP2-file and .d-files. It will also be necessary to remove the mod's dependence on Baldurdash - here I will need the help of programmers from our forum Arcanecoast. I could do the rest of the work myself.

In general, if it is possible to separate the Keldorn Romance from the assembly or upgrade that legacy standalone version to a new one, then the chance of its adaptation is high. And as regards a complete assembly, everything is more difficult.

This post has been edited by Austin87: Sep 3 2020, 07:19 AM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Senka
post Sep 3 2020, 08:05 AM
Post #82

Group Icon

Premium Member

It will also be necessary to remove the mod's dependence on Baldurdash

BD has a lot of fixes so KR will not work without this.
And if you from Arcanecoast you know Badgert I believe. Ask him about traified wink.gif

Quote Post
Austin87
post Sep 3 2020, 08:49 AM
Post #83

Forum Member

QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 3 2020, 11:05 AM) *
BD has a lot of fixes so KR will not work without this.
Yes, but the EE version already includes all the edits from Baldurdash and BG2 Fixpack by default and in an improved form, installing the old Baldurdash files from the mod is guaranteed to cause bugs and problems. Therefore, in case of EE-adaptation, it must be deleted.

Badgert, unfortunately, has not appeared on Russian forums for many years and has completely retired. But we have a lot of new translators and modders, the forum is very active, and after the release of BG3, new people will surely come. I can try to cope with traify-cation myself, for this there is an excellent utility "Traify Tool" (link)smile.gif But the question with Baldurdash still remains the main one. And in the case of the KR, if it can be separated from the assembly, everything will be easier, since it has already been traifyed, as far as I have seen.

This post has been edited by Austin87: Sep 3 2020, 08:53 AM

Quote Post
Senka
post Sep 3 2020, 09:31 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

Premium Member

Yes, but the EE version already includes all the edits from Baldurdash and BG2 Fixpack by default and in an improved form
Awwww... Fixpack is NOT working with our mods. )))) See, it will be more problems...
installing the old Baldurdash files from the mod is guaranteed to cause bugs and problems.

We work with BDWeiDU. Not with old BD. This one http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showforum=115
and after the release of BG3, new people will surely come.
I strongly doubt about this hahaha )))))

Badgert, unfortunately, has not appeared on Russian forums for many years and has completely retired.

I contacted with him by e-mail and we did some effort to do Russian version. As I remember he had TS partially translated (one of old version).

Quote Post
Vlad
post Sep 3 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #85

Group Icon

Mod Developer

BD that you mean is not the same BD-WeiDU that is in the compilation. Most of the known bugs are fixed there. Fixpack has its own fixes of the same or similar bugs. Our BD-WeiDU includes much more than mere fixes. There are additional features and enhancements and makes all my mods compatible with each other. Therefore, if KR is separated from TS, it is separated with all these files together, which can be troublesome as you mentioned.

Quote Post
Austin87
post Sep 3 2020, 12:23 PM
Post #86

Forum Member

QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 3 2020, 12:31 PM) *
and after the release of BG3, new people will surely come.
I strongly doubt about this hahaha )))))

If the game is more or less successful, then it is quite possible. Practice shows that fans of new games often become interested in old games in the series - this was the case with Fallout, The Witcher. But even if not, the current activity on the forum is almost the same as it was even in the old golden days smile.gif The Russian community is now on the rise)

Badgert, unfortunately, has not appeared on Russian forums for many years and has completely retired.

I contacted with him by e-mail and we did some effort to do Russian version. As I remember he had TS partially translated (one of old version).
How long has it been? It hasn't been online in over 10 years. Now he obviously won't help. As for the Tortured Souls mod - version 6.10 has been completely translated into Russian: link, but newer versions remain without translation.

Quote Post
Senka
post Sep 3 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

Premium Member

How long has it been?
4 years ago
As for the Tortured Souls mod - version 6.10 has been completely translated into Russian: link, but newer versions remain without translation.

Text itself didn't change and as I remember Badgert said - this is not a problem to update it. But if you want to translate you need to ask Vlad for permission. And do not translate Keldorn: I wrote it in russian. Don't want to see "double translation" )))

Quote Post
Austin87
post Sep 3 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #88

Forum Member

QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 3 2020, 03:33 PM) *
And do not translate Keldorn: I wrote it in russian. Don't want to see "double translation" )))
OK smile.gif Do you have the original Russian texts? In case we can still separate it from the assembly and adapt it?

As for the TS, of course, we will not do anything without Vlad's permission.

Quote Post
Senka
post Sep 3 2020, 01:11 PM
Post #89

Group Icon

Premium Member

Yes of course. But I strongly doubt it would be separated
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Post
Austin87
post Sep 3 2020, 02:26 PM
Post #90

Forum Member

After consulting tipun, it was decided to leave this issue until better times, since many difficult points were revealed and the adaptation of the entire assembly would have taken a very long time sad.gif
If Vlad does publish a separate version of Keldorn Romance (it was previously uploaded, but outdated and the link died), then it will be possible to try to adapt it. But separating it from the assembly is now very problematic, and adapting the entire assembly is archly difficult.

Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2024 - 11:59 PM