4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Testing v 7.0, random things
pekkae
post Jun 15 2024, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 15 2024, 06:21 PM) *
Tell us about your party (in a separate thread).

Well, I'm currently with

Auramaster (PC)
Minsc (Berserker)
Jaheira
Jan Jansen
Sibel

We're at 500k exp or so. Berserker Minsc is awesome. Will drop everyone else besides Sibel though later on. Rotating crew in the beginning, as I always have.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 15 2024, 07:37 PM
Post #2

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Sibel can be played in three forms:

Swashbuckler -> Cleric

Swashbuckler -> Fighter

Pure Swashbuckler

What did you do? Did you dual-class her?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 15 2024, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Dualled to Cleric immediately, so level Swasgbuckler 9 / Cleric

She'll regain Thieving powers in after we reach 100k more, then we can drop Jan Jansen and pickup Neera (Wildmage, I guess).

Edit: A little bit of background

I dislike two similar characters in the crew. So that's why no avenger. My crew will be centered around the protagonist, whom we should be able to develop into ridiculously op levels.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 15 2024, 08:49 PM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 15 2024, 09:19 PM
Post #4

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Talk to Crazy Celvan in Docks district a few times until he speaks.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 15 2024, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

He gives out a few riddles, but I'm not sure what I'm to take out of this?

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 15 2024, 09:39 PM
Post #6

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

He tells poems about your companions and has one about Sibel too.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jun 15 2024, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Forum Member

Dualled to Cleric immediately, so level Swasgbuckler 9 / Cleric

That's the "canonical" choice, she gains the most out of this combination, though she's also amazing as a Swash=>Fighter dual class. smile.gif

Quote Post
lxgxnd9
post Jun 15 2024, 11:04 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

What do you think of the new Wizard Slayer. Seems to have a lot of neat little perks especially with the ability of "Purge Magic" but no ability to be Haste/Improved Haste is definitely a big deal

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 15 2024, 11:07 PM
Post #9

Forum Member

QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 15 2024, 11:04 PM) *
What do you think of the new Wizard Slayer. Seems to have a lot of neat little perks especially with the ability of "Purge Magic" but no ability to be Haste/Improved Haste is definitely a big deal

Are you asking me, Sikret or SparrowJacek?

Quote Post
lxgxnd9
post Jun 15 2024, 11:10 PM
Post #10

Forum Member

QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 15 2024, 11:07 PM) *
QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 15 2024, 11:04 PM) *

Are you asking me, Sikret or SparrowJacek?

Forgot to quote you, but hey open to all

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 15 2024, 11:12 PM
Post #11

Forum Member

Well, seems like it's in consideration now. I think you need to balance everything and for some party compositions seems like a great choice!

But since Mazzy looks comprehensively OP, I'm taking her for this partial run that I'm doing. dry.gif

And I have Sibel, so high level dispels we have even without an Inquisitor / Wizard Slayer.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 15 2024, 11:13 PM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 15 2024, 11:23 PM
Post #12

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 16 2024, 03:34 AM) *

The new Wizard Slayer kit is a well-balanced combination of very important disadvantages and very useful advantages:

- She is immune to haste and improved haste. She usually engages in battle with delay when other warriors are already engaged. Two handed weapons will help so that she can hit from behind others when the enemy is already surrounded. When you tell her to attack an enemy who is in distance it takes her a lot of time to reach the target. This is sort of frustrating.

- She has abysmal saving throws (because she can't use protection items such as rings and cloaks), which means you need to buff her with chaotic commands and free action and refresh them if they get dispelled.

But...

- She is also immune to slow, which means her speed won't get wrose than what it is.

-She gains innate magic resistance, magic damage resistance and fire resistance with level up.

- She gains awesome innate abilities such as Tower of Resilience, Undo Constructs (vs. golems) and Purge Magic.

- She also has a special item (usable only by Wizard Slayers) that you need to find during the game (no spoilers will be provided about its location). And if you have Sibel mod installed, the new artificer (Lady Elowen) can upgrade that item for you.

Overall: If you cope with her weaknesses early game, you will be rewarded middle and end game.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
lxgxnd9
post Jun 16 2024, 01:08 AM
Post #13

Forum Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 15 2024, 11:23 PM) *
QUOTE(lxgxnd9 @ Jun 16 2024, 03:34 AM) *

The new Wizard Slayer kit is a well-balanced combination of very important disadvantages and very useful advantages:

- She is immune to haste and improved haste. She usually engages in battle with delay when other warriors are already engaged. Two handed weapons will help so that she can hit from behind others when the enemy is already surrounded. When you tell her to attack an enemy who is in distance it takes her a lot of time to reach the target. This is sort of frustrating.

- She has abysmal saving throws (because she can't use protection items such as rings and cloaks), which means you need to buff her with chaotic commands and free action and refresh them if they get dispelled.

But...

- She is also immune to slow, which means her speed won't get wrose than what it is.

-She gains innate magic resistance, magic damage resistance and fire resistance with level up.

- She gains awesome innate abilities such as Tower of Resilience, Undo Constructs (vs. golems) and Purge Magic.

- She also has a special item (usable only by Wizard Slayers) that you need to find during the game (no spoilers will be provided about its location). And if you have Sibel mod installed, the new artificer (Lady Elowen) can upgrade that item for you.

Overall: If you cope with her weaknesses early game, you will be rewarded middle and end game.

Yeah I figured the early game would be rough going, didn't know about the special item (nor a new person that can upgrade items) So might try it on the first v7 play through

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 16 2024, 08:40 PM
Post #14

Forum Member

The new maps are stunning!

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 16 2024, 09:41 PM
Post #15

Forum Member

How can I climb the tree?

I think i have so far figured this this out.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 16 2024, 09:49 PM
Post #16

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 02:11 AM) *
How can I climb the tree?

SPOILER!
You can't climb the tree. Explore the area and find someone with that kind of ability.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 16 2024, 10:00 PM
Post #17

Forum Member

allright

SPOILER!

found it! thank you! what was somewhat misleading was that casting speak with animals interrupts the quest & sibel leaves.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 16 2024, 10:06 PM
Post #18

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 02:30 AM) *
allright

SPOILER!

found it! thank you! what was somewhat misleading was that casting speak with animals interrupts the quest & sibel leaves.

Speak with Animals spell is not required, though I don't see why it should interrupt the quest. Can you explain what happened in detail? What happened after you cast the spell?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 16 2024, 10:16 PM
Post #19

Forum Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 16 2024, 10:06 PM) *
QUOTE(pekkae @ Jun 17 2024, 02:30 AM) *
allright

SPOILER!

Speak with Animals spell is not required, though I don't see why it should interrupt the quest. Can you explain what happened in detail? What happened after you cast the spell?

There's a cat on the ne corner of the map.

If I cast speak with aniamls on it Sibel says "I will not tolerate any harm done to the innocent folk of my village, charname"

and then we get teleported out without Sibel & the quest finishes.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 16 2024, 10:23 PM
Post #20

Forum Member

oh,

what does tristan's blessing do? Is it supposed to do something? (edit: it does work if the intended effect is SPOILER!
addind spell slots
)

Any hints on the location? City is quite a big place smile.gif!

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 16 2024, 10:33 PM

Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th July 2024 - 06:39 PM