Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BG2 GUI Skin Mod, Problems with Installation
diana
post Mar 28 2005, 11:27 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

I've tried 4X already to download and install Chevar's great GUI skins. However, each time when I unzip the file with WinRAR I get an abnormal "archive" message or something saying that the first file is corrupt.

Being on dial-up, if anyone can send this to me I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
cujo
post Mar 29 2005, 10:27 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Hi Diana,

I had the same problem but when I downloaded the guiskin mod today it didn't give an error when I opened the RAR file. Try again and let us know if it's working or not.

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 29 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

I downloaded again and got the same WINRAR diagnostic error for this file:

CRC filed in guierr4.mos the file is corrupt

I can get a nice opening screen when the game starts, but the character and inventory screens all remain the same. If someone can either put up a separate link to that one file, or e-mail it to me I'd be grateful. I have TOB installed if that makes any difference.

Thank you.

Quote Post
cujo
post Mar 29 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

Hi Diana,

What version of WinRar are you using? I'm using version 3.20 and I don't have the problem any more. If you want you can PM me your e-mail address and I will sent you the version I have here.

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Mar 29 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #5

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

cojo when did you get your copy?

--------------------

Quote Post
cujo
post Mar 29 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Forum Member

About 4 and a half hours ago and it doesn't give me any error messages when I open it.

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Mar 29 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #7

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

mine is corrupted too, Chevar will be on latter today or tomorrow. We'll get him to fix it.

This post has been edited by Sir-Kill: Mar 29 2005, 03:03 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 29 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

Thanks - will provide e-mail via pm as I don't want to get spam - somehow the 'sniffers' seem to get them when we post on forums.

As for WINRAR - I must have a pretty early version (2 years or older). I don't dare download a newer one since the last time I did from either PC Gamer or WINRAR's site (in the office) I received a virus along with it. So if you can just send me the corrupt file I'd appreciate it.

Quote Post
Chevar
post Mar 29 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #9

The oak's first root

Retired team member

Well, this is a hassle. I haven't even looked at my gui-skin for a while. I'll have to figgure out where it got moved after the last time I did computer maintenance..

I'm currently at an incedibly slow connection speed. As of the 11th I'll have DSL (finally). I can check it and put it back up then. There is a SOA (non TOB version) available on a mirror site,

http://koti.mbnet.fi/battery-/stuff/C-Gui-Skin.zip

mind you that's an older version which is not compatable with TOB..

I'm getting the info on what files to remove to make it TOB compatable... lemme see.. here's an except from my old web page..

TOB UPDATE!

I finally found a copy of TOB, and have found that there are only three files preventing the GUI SKIN from being compatable with both TOB and SOA - START.CHU, COLOR.MOS, and GUICG. I have uploaded the modified TOB/SOA compatable version. I have also removed the start menus from the package.

the version on the mirror link was never updated. All you need to do to use that version is to extract it into an empty folder, delete those three files, then copt the remaining files into your override directory.

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 29 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #10

Forum Member

I'll give the alternate link a shot when I get home. The firm has so many firewalls installed that I got bounced right out of it when I tried to download.

Quote Post
Chevar
post Mar 29 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #11

The oak's first root

Retired team member

QUOTE(diana @ Mar 29 2005, 07:46 PM)
I'll give the alternate link a shot when I get home. The firm has so many firewalls installed that I got bounced right out of it when I tried to download.

Let me know if it works for ya - just PM me. I seldom remember to check this thread.

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 29 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #12

Forum Member

While I could download and install the alternate link correctly, it did not work with the TOB installed. However, I was able to extract the one corrupted file from Chevar's alternate link and overlay it in my Override directory so now everything works. Thank you!

guierr4.mos is the only file I needed from the alternate link which got the BlackWyrm download to work. biggrin.gif

Cujo - if you sent anything my spam dectection deleted it -- but I've got Chevar's mod working now so thank you too.

This post has been edited by diana: Mar 30 2005, 12:02 AM

Quote Post
stave
post Mar 29 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #13

Forum Member

Hi
I have the same problem with installation(somthing is wrong with this file not with winrar I use to extract this file the new version of winrar 3.42 and I also have corrupted file).
Your answer was correct and everything now is ok without one thing:
When I load the game or start new the game screen on the left side is grey and the rest is brown(orginal) could you tell me how to correct this.
I install your mod after I finish bp-bgt-nej installation. smile.gif

Quote Post
stave
post Mar 30 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #14

Forum Member

I also use Yacomo BGT Menu,but your mod I install first.

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 30 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #15

Forum Member

The screens are beautiful but I have one question. The dialogue font for interaction between npcs and non npcs has changed. I like the Bioware default better. Is there any way to easily reset the in-game dialog guiskin mod font back to the Bioware default?

Quote Post
Chevar
post Mar 30 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #16

The oak's first root

Retired team member

QUOTE(diana @ Mar 30 2005, 12:30 AM)
The screens are beautiful but I have one question. The dialogue font for interaction between npcs and non npcs has changed. I like the Bioware default better. Is there any way to easily reset the in-game dialog guiskin mod font back to the Bioware default?

That's set in the CHU files. You'd need to change the font specified in the CHU file. I'm too deep in projects at the moment to dig it out and play with it at the moment .. (my wife's been moving things around on her hard drive, so I can't find anything right now) .. I think the font it was changed to was rune or something like that. the standard i believe is normal.

Quote Post
Chevar
post Mar 30 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #17

The oak's first root

Retired team member

QUOTE(stave @ Mar 29 2005, 11:58 PM)
Hi
I have the same problem with installation(somthing is wrong with this file not with winrar I use to extract this file the new version of winrar 3.42 and I also have corrupted file).
Your answer was correct and everything now is ok without one thing:
When I load the game or start new the game screen on the left side is grey and the rest is brown(orginal) could you tell me how to correct this.
I install your mod after I finish bp-bgt-nej installation. smile.gif

I'm going to have to upload a good version after my DSL gets installed on the 11th. installing all you should have to do is copy the load/save game MOS files from the guiskin into your overrides folder. and replace the CHU file that's associated with those files.. I wish I had it installed over here, then I could be more specific. I cant even find where infinity explorer was moved to right now.. I really have to clean my archives off my wife's computer..

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 31 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #18

Forum Member

This is a real work of art -- the version you gave me from the mirror works perfectly when I deleted the files you said to but I find a yellow text on light grey background a little hard to read - but that may be only me because my hardware is over 6 years old. From the mirror version there are still indications for your original mod 'Brotherhood of the Rose' in the graphics.

Since being on dialup I don't have access to Near Infinity (too long to download) - does anyone know if DLTCEP can edit the CHUI files as I didn't see an option for it? I'd really like to revert back to the BG2 default font for in-game dialogues. A serif font is hard on the eyes for npc conversations especially since I run this at 640 x 480.

Thanks.

Quote Post
Vlasák
post Mar 31 2005, 08:04 AM
Post #19

Mathematical poet

Retired team member

diana: DLTCEP can edit chu files. It is called 'UI editor' in editors menu.

--------------------
Baldur's Gate II add-on CZ - TC from Dalelands
http://addoncz.gamestar.cz

English forums are opened!

Quote Post
diana
post Mar 31 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #20

Forum Member

Thanks - will give it a shot tonight after workk. So far I've only used DLTCEP for the simple stuff like tinkering with creatures, dialogs, scripts or items.

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th September 2024 - 04:59 PM