5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bug reports
nullset
post Jul 24 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #41

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Thanx, Seewead. Yep. A goof on my part. I just copied the verbiage over from the Jini readme, and forgot to edit it for Rjali. Changing the readme in the Rjali forum, but the zip copy will have to wait for a later release. Hopefully, the error is so obvious that the solution will occur to anybody who needs it.

This post has been edited by nullset: Jul 24 2017, 05:47 PM
Reason for edit: include action

--------------------
nullset
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 7 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #42

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

@Seewead Found the Tyris Flare stutter bug. It was a stupid typo. My bad. Fixing in v8.5 when I finally issue it. Until then, avoid using Tyris.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Abdelan
post Sep 10 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #43

Forum Member

Hmmm, after checking out the newest version of Rjali for some reason during the first visit to the circus when I enter the room where Ogre-Aerie is I start a conversation with Rjali how there is something wrong but after it is over the fairy does not appear like it did before and the circus quest ends up without a visit to Sigil. Rjali does not flirt with me either.

Strange, I installed Rjali after all other mods as was recommended and only installed the NPCS that were compatible with Rjali in the readme.

Either I forgot something, something changed or its a bug...

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 10 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #44

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Abdelan @ Sep 10 2017, 05:08 AM) *
Hmmm, after checking out the newest version of Rjali for some reason during the first visit to the circus when I enter the room where Ogre-Aerie is I start a conversation with Rjali how there is something wrong but after it is over the fairy does not appear like it did before and the circus quest ends up without a visit to Sigil. Rjali does not flirt with me either.

Strange, I installed Rjali after all other mods as was recommended and only installed the NPCS that were compatible with Rjali in the readme.

OK. Now, I'm confused. There is no fairy in the circus quest; never was to the best of my recall. Rjali only starts flirting with you after the 2nd love talk. Love talks don't start until chapter 2 which begins when you visit the shadow thief's home in the slums for the 1st time. The visits to Sigil start when you talk with Horace about your budding multiple romance aspirations. The Horace conversation is NOT triggered by a rub of the lamp. Rjali has to have HER conversation with Horace. You must have had the 2nd love talk. Then, given time, Horace will pop up and things will begin to pop.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Sep 10 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #45

Forum Member

Hello Nullset, in the last week I found more than enough time to continue my game and further enjoy your mod. And of course, I can make a small contribution to this thread of "bug-reports". Here goes:

Concerning: RJali Version 8.4

I.1.
Description:
Well, I have not yet installed version 8.4; still playing with 8.2 for now. But - out of curiosity - I already looked up the changelog in your Readme for the content of your more recent versions, where it says:

"Version 8.3
- Remove abilities from engagement rings."

But browsing through your files (here: "setup.tra"), this seems to be the case only for the rings of Grace, Annah, Ravel, Jini, RJali and Fay, but not for Imoen. Imoen's Engagement Ring still has the old Invisibility and Improved Hast (at least the description says so).

Suggestion:
Change it for Imoen as well.

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.2 (still)

I.2.
Description:
I found this in the description of the equipment from Horace - "Killsword" = "Rjali's Longsword" (also in the "setup.tra"-file):
"Damage Bonus = 1000 Solashing"
"Damage Bonus = 1500 Fire/Magic/Cold"

Suggestion:
a.
Tiny spelling error: Slashing.
b.
And I would guess the bonus should be less than 1000 or 1500, shouldn't it?

I.3.
Description:
In the beginning of the game Fay got a Deva's tear from Trias to change her body permanently.

By now I am already in chapter 6 and have returned from Underdark. Then there is the story-plot "A new lead on Morte": Jini sends us to Fhjull, where there is Trias again. When I talk to him, I get this dialogue:
Rjali: "Let me handle this, Charname"
Rjali: "Trias, a friend of ours had her tongue torn out."
... and continuing with the plot of the Deva's tears for Ecco.

Only I already finished that quest ages ago right in Chapter 2! How did I do that, you ask? Well, I bought a deva's tear from Deidre (the resident who is selling PST-goods in Ribald's market). That deva's tear I brought to Ecco. Worked like a charm - she was happy and the could talk without cursing any more.

Writing these lines I just checked about Deidre. Apparently we have her since the Enhanced Edition. But I am not a hundred percent sure how she got the deva's tear: Is that the vanilla-game or is it a mod that does that. Or is it even your mod?

Suggestion:
However Deidre got hold of the Deva's tears. I suggest your mod should check, if Ecco is already satisfied, before the above mentioned dialogue with Trias is initiated.

I.4.
Description:
During the ongoing story-plot "A new lead on Morte" we were on the Piller of Skulls on Baator to find him. I enjoyed the new area.

But before I had the chance to take a good look at it, Rjali goes like: "Can we get out of this place now?" And the only response your mod is allowing me is agreement. Next thing your mod beams me back. I was a bit dissapointed, because I wanted to have a look around. Sure, now I know, that the area is only a very small place. But I wanted to find out for myself.

Suggestion:
Don't "bully" me around. biggrin.gif Let me decide when to leave.

I.5.
Description:
Ravel gave me her hair lock in the very early chapters of the game. And I went to the mace and were able to open the secret hideaway. But there was nothing there. So I want to ask: What was that all about? Can I find something? Is there a little secret to unravel (pun intended)? Was I just to blind to find it? Or does this lie still ahead of me?

Suggestion:
It was great to find the place. Make something out of it, if you please.

I.6.
Description:
In the beginning of the game you presented Jini and I loved her and found her very interesting and promising.

But after the first few visits that wore thin very fast. To put it bluntly: She is utterly silent and boring and doesn't have anything to say.

Suggestion:
Allright, this is not the Jini-mod, I know that. wink.gif But give her a little bit more love and life, why don't you? For example, she could comment a bit on the major incidents of the story:
- like the rescue of Imoen
- like the hold of the deArnise keep
- like the new girls you find: Who does she like most? Is there a girl she doesn't get along that well? Who does she find beautiful? Is she jealous in a way? Does she have some pointers for the girls? Maybe she could invite the one or the other girl to stay with her for a few days or nights? Just to pass a little gossip? I figure she could be interested in Fade, but there is also Ravel, Annah and Grace, who have known her for quite some time. And doesn't she want to find out more about Imoen or Jaheira? They must have known each other during BG1 and your Jini-mod.
- Jini could congratulate you and the other just married girls - how could she forget that? blink.gif

I.7.
Description:
The mirror image: When you come back with Imoen after the rescue, some things are sort of introduced to her. She finds out about your strongholds and she gives nice little comments about them, for example. But nothing on Jini and the Brothal and everything. Just silence. Or did I miss that?

Suggestion:
A warm welcoming would be nice. I even would like to suggest: Make it a big celebration, a hearty "we have her back"-party in the Festhall. Doesn't that feel natural?

I.8.
Description:
When you talk to Doofus, you can have this conversation:
Charname: "There are one or two things I was wondering about."
Charname: "How did you hook up with Jini?"

But you get the very same selection of words every time you visit Doofus. And every time again he answers you with the same words. That doesn't feel real.

Suggestion:
It really would be ok-ish to have him repeat himself. Because otherwise most of the players will not understand everything (or not memorize everything) the first time they read his lines. But you could stop that after some time. After he had this dialogue three times it should be enough. Maybe you could add a little something after that?

I.9.
Description:
A similar "problem" we have with Kesai-Serris. You get this dialogue-option:
Charname: "You should know that your mom and I are in love."
But we tell her that over and over again, whenever we meet her, as if it would be news to her. But it isn't.

Suggestion:
You could change the sentence to: "I guess you know, that your mom Ravel and I enjoy our love together." That way it could stay without becoming silly.

I.10.
Description:
The dialogue of the "parked" Jaheira in the keep is triggered by sight. She is not waiting till you approach her, but starts talking as soon as you get in her line-of-sight.

Suggestion:
No harm done, but without apparent reason, I should think. You could change that and make it like with all the other "parked" girls.

So far so good - next batch on the next posting.

Quote Post
Seewead
post Sep 10 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #46

Forum Member

More "bug-reports". Keep it coming, you said. biggrin.gif

Concerning: Rjali Version 8.2 (still)

J.1.
Description:
The moment you and another girl reach a full bloomed romance (RomanceActive=2), your mod initiates the procedure "Rjali scouts the troops". Only that happens without prior checking, if Charname and the new love are in sight of RJali, if I am correct.

Examples:
a.
During her romance Imoen tells me, that I and her are in for a little chat about everything that happened. She expressivly want's me to talk to her in private. So I entered some house in the city with her alone, leaving the group out there in front of the house. Immediately after the following lovetalk Imoen changes to ImoenRomance=2. That triggers RJali's line: "Imoen, eh. You do realize you just mixed nitro and glycerin.". But RJali can't complete the dialogue, because Charname and Imoen are still inside the house. So her line is repeated over and over again. Until I finally managed to get out of the house together with Imoen, so the 2-person-dialogue (sometimes involving even 3 persons) could unfold and finish correctly.
b.
Same happend to me with the Ninde romance. As always there was a rather big delay between the both parts of "Rjali scouts the troops" - the first part ("[Ninde], eh. [...]") and the second part "(With some apprehension, you watch Rjali approach [Ninde])". And just when the second part commenced, Charname was alone in Ribald's market. The dialogue could not end until I got out on the street again.

Suggestion:
Prior check if Charname and the relevant girl are in sight of Rjali.

J.2.
Description:
The parked Nalia has this dialogue-option:
Charname: "Any interesting new projects to keep you occupied and happy?"
Charname: "I do believe you, Nalia. Come on here, and let's organize this bed." (*steamy interlude*)

Only this seems to happens right there in the great audience hall, where Nalia is waiting for you. A little bit to crowded over there for my taste (and Nalia would concur, I am sure about that).

Suggestion:
Slightly change the above sentences - let's get away to her room.

Post Scriptum: See my "bug-report" G.1 (somewhere above): Nalia's room is occupied by Grace. ohmy.gif

J.3.
Description:
With the "parked" Imoen there is no possibilty to have sex during your visit in the keep. Really? Knowing the Imoen mod that does (for me) feel very much out of character.

Suggestion:
You could add something. Please. rolleyes.gif

So much for today - gotta go now. More to come tomorrow. See ya, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 11 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #47

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

@seewead:

I1 - It WAS only in the description. Fixing.

I2 - Fixed spelling. Otherwise - nope - that's what I intended. Remember you do NOT have to get it.

I3 - Definite bug. Fixed.

I4 - OK.

I5 - Bug. Now, I prevent you going into that room until the Dakkon quest, which is late in ToB.

I6/I7 - Jini has a life of her own on Sigil. While she is interested in your doings, she is not part of them. I have no plans at this point to integrate her deeper into the main story line. Interesting concept, though. Might ferment into something at a later date. For now, live with it!

I8 - This is typical behaviour in a game. Not worth changing.

I9 - I agree that this is a bit much. Allowing it one time only.

I10 - Unfortunately, this is an artifact of the engine's handling of dialogue of NPCs not in the party. Until I find otherwise, I can do nothing about it.

J1 - Good catch! Fixing.

J2 - I agree. Changing dialogue slightly.

J3 - Nope. Imoen is trying to be a little more decorous. I leave it to your imagination.

P.S. - This is getting major. Changing the new version from 8.5 to 9.0. BTW: It IS the Rjali mod that introduces the Deva Tears to Deidre.

This post has been edited by nullset: Sep 11 2017, 01:16 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Sep 12 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #48

Forum Member

Good morning, Nullset. Please allow me to get back again to:

I.10.
QUOTE(nullset @ Sep 11 2017, 03:25 AM) *
I10 - Unfortunately, this is an artifact of the engine's handling of dialogue of NPCs not in the party. Until I find otherwise, I can do nothing about it.

Well, maybe I did not make myself clear: It is only Jaheira, who reacts to Charname on sight. So maybe not an engine-problem? Or could it be engine-Jaheira-related?

Quote Post
Seewead
post Sep 12 2017, 09:08 AM
Post #49

Forum Member

Now more "bug-reports" from me:

Concerning: RJali Version 8.2 (still)

K.1.
Description:
There are several women who react to the Phaere-scene. Jaheira, Nalia, Neera, Aerie, Viconia, Fade and Imoen come to my mind at once, but there are others (besides Rjali, of course). But the affiliated scripting for these incidents did not foresee your mod with the ability to "park" a woman in the keep. So if you come back from Underdark and invite one of these "parked" girls back in your group, she will immediately check for the relevant Global-Variable (I believe it is PhaereInnuendo=2) and blame you for the act. Only the user of your mod can't understand, how the "parked" girls in the keep could have known about this. Because of this it seems like a bug or at least like something out of place and unreal.

Suggestion:
Righter after the return from Underdark to the deArnise Keep we need some sort of scene, where Rjali fills in the girls about the Phaere-Story. Kind of a "pre-first" group-banter. In a way you have already thought of this. Because later in your first group-banter with all the girls involved, Jaheira tells Rjali: "You told me a bit about the Phaere thing before. Did you see him blush when I mentioned it?". But this explanation comes far to late for me. I couldn't understand how the girls knew. So it really felt dysfunctional to me.

K.2.
Description:
This Phaere reaction gets especially out of place with Nalia: "You have that look, and you have that... smell. Was it really worth it, Charname?".

Smell? As you see: These words could have been spoken only in very direct connection to the sex with Phaere.

Suggestion:
Don't know. As far as I have observed your work so far, you make it a habit of not to change the dialogues of the incorporated romance mods. An exception here? Or leave it be.

By the way: The texts of the other girls are not that much of a problem.

K.3.
Description:
This happens when you a. "park" Jaheira in the Keep before Spellhold, b. return from Underdark and c. you have not invited her in your group again before the first group-banter (with all the girls involved) happens.

Then - for the purpose of the group-banter - all the girls are added to the gathering in the main floor audience hall (and seemingly in your group as well, however you jinx that). Consequently Jaheira starts her Phaere-scene right then in this very moment. But when you want to answer her, it is not you, but Rjali, that gives the answer.
Rjali (instead of Charname): "She forced me, Jaheira. I had no choice if I wanted to maintain our disguise."

Suggestion:
Don't know what went wrong here exactly. Here is my guess: Your (very sophisticated) group-banter with all the girls involved did not expect any other dialogues to fire right then. So it comes to an interference between your group-banter and the other scripted dialogues (here: the Phaere-scene). If that should be the case, then all the more reason to resolve the Phaere-scenes with all the girls prior to your first group-banter (like I suggested above with K.1).

By the way: For Aerie goes the same, only there is no opportunity for you to answer to her reproaching, so there is no problem. But for Neera and Viconia it seemed to be different, at least for me this time: They didn't fire their Phaere dialogue at all. I guess, that is, because you only made it look like they would have joined the group, but technically they never did? Have not checked all the other girls. As I said: Better to resolve this mud with Phaere before the first group-banter, don't you think?

K.4.
Description:
Speaking of this suggested "pre-first" group-banter: Somebody will have to confess to the "parked" girls (who stayed behind), that there are - maybe - one or two more girls in the family by now, who joined during Underdark.

Suggestion:
Could Rjlai do that awkward job?

K.5.
Description:
Well, I have not found out yet, what triggers the forementioned first group-banter with all the girls involved. But I would like to tell you, that it comes too late. Far too late, if you ask me. Some aspects to support my thesis:

a.
For me the first group-banter happened somewhere around the 117th day! Only because I was trying out a _lot_ of mods and mega-mods, I had not gone after Irenicus by then.

b.
Text from your first group-banter:
RJali: "For all you stay-at-homes (hubbub and bruhaha)"
RJali: "Wait! I know it was not by your own choosing, which is why I am gonna tell you all about what happend on our little sojourn to rescue Imoen."

Well, that feels a little odd, doesn't it? After all, we had come back from our rescue a couple of weeks ago and we have already been to the keep multiple times.

Suggestion:
The first group-banter of all the girls should happen during your first return to the Keep. Make it a somewhat longer stay, if you please. Maybe the suggested "pre-first" talk rather soon after the arrival. Then the first group-banter with all the girls after spending the night in the deArnise Keep. It will be our home after all, so why rushing? Besides, the night will give the Phaere-infuriated girls time to simmer down again.

K.6.
Description:
A similar problem is included in the text of Nalia during the first group-banter of the girls.

Nalia: "I worry about what people will say when we go back to the Keep."

That sounds odd, because my first group-banter happend right IN the keep. So no need to get back to it, if you get my meaning. AND we are back from Underdark for quite a while now and have visited the Keep a couple of times already. So Nalia should already know a bit what people will say, doesn't she?

Suggestion:
At least change her line a bit and swap "when we go back to the Keep" with "when we continue to stay in the Keep".

K.7.
Description:
First group-banter of all the girls involved. Charname: (all your women are congregating out of earshot. This can't be good, but if it makes them happy, ...).

RJali: "So we need a place to headquarter, live, and raise children."
Nalia: "I think we should stay at the deArnise keep. [...]"
Nalia: "An excellent idea. I vote we do that."

Suggestion:
Now the last sentence should have been spoken by somebody else, obviously. Nalia is not agreeing on her own idea. I guess it should have been Rjali?

K.8.
Description:
Not a bug maybe, rather an observation: During the first group banter the comments from some of the girls are sometimes not in their original color tone, but come in a decent grey. My guess would be, that the grey lines are coming from women, that are not actually IN the group; only you make it look like it (sort of an emulation/mimicking).

Suggestion:
Not really a reason for change. Everybody should live with the wrong colors quite well. Only thought you should know.

K.9.
Description:
In the forementioned first group-banter of all the girls, Viconia is giving hints for the sex-live to all the girls.

Viconia: "Isra, I can't think of a thing that I can teach you."

???

Suggestion:
You can do better than that! Please, Sir. wub.gif

K.10.
Description:
Jini is not part of the first group-banter.

Suggestion:
Shouldn't she join as well? Would feel right for me.

K.11.
Description:
During your story-plot "A new lead on Morte", you do not get a new quest (for your diary). And though you get at least some sort of entry in your diary later, when you have to do some magic to make him (and bis body) reappear, this was not very helpful for me. Right, I finally made him come back, no problem. But I am quite sure, that quite a few players will have some serious problems here. These potential problems are favoured by the vanilla game, that always gives very clear instructions for every quest in the diary, should the player oversee or forget something. Because I am used to that and trust to find everything I need to know in my diary, I heavily rely on it as well. I guess, I am not the only one. I had to reload to read the conversation about the magical choices again.

Suggestion:
Give more instructions, if you please.

K.12.
Description:
No experience points are given, when Morte comes back to our world of the living.

Suggestion:
You could give a little something.

Thank you for all your time, Seewead thumb.gif

edit: small spelling-errors

This post has been edited by Seewead: Sep 12 2017, 02:03 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 12 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #50

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I10 - You were clear, and so was I. I have checked and can see no way that Jaheira is different from the other NPCs.

K1-4 - Stopped all Phaere innuendo comments post Underdark.

K5 - Changing the SoA group banter from sleep to auto-fire. The conditions are: party of 6; at least 3 romances in party; area = keep audience hall; Bodhi dead; and have had Daleson dialogue.

K6 - "go back to" => "settle at".

K7 - Fixed.

K8 - Probably. I do do some fancy things here with shadow characters.

K9 - Nope. Isra is an adept, and Viconia knows it.

K10 - Nope. Jini is on Sigil doing her thing. See my reply to I6/I7 above.

K11 - Already fixed post v8.2.

K12 - Already done. The XP is added when PC reports to Jini.

This post has been edited by nullset: Sep 12 2017, 04:04 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 12 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #51

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I decided to leave the next release at v8.5, as there is no major new content. Clean-up City!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Sep 12 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #52

Forum Member

One left, that I have overlooked.

Concerning: RJali Version 8.2 (still)

L.1.
Description:
There are two bags of holding, that can be received from Horace. Thank you for them. The one is blue and the other one orange-ish.

Small problem: I frequently mix up the blue one with the other bag of holding, that is provided by the game (same blue color).

Suggestion:
Could you change the color of the blue one as well? Also you could give clarifying names to the bags. Like: "Horace's orange bag" or something similar. Would be very convenient for the user.

This was the last one for a somewhat longer time of absence. Got to work a lot.

Thank you for all your consideration and your great work, that I enjoy a lot! thumb.gif Sincerely, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 12 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #53

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Good note. I'll get on that.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Sep 12 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #54

Forum Member

Before I call it a day, let me once get back to

K.5
QUOTE(nullset @ Sep 12 2017, 05:52 PM) *
K5 - Changing the SoA group banter from sleep to auto-fire. The conditions are: party of 6; at least 3 romances in party; area = keep audience hall; Bodhi dead; and have had Daleson dialogue.

I would like you to remind, that there are plenty of players, who do not tend to travel with a full group of 6 persons, but like to use smaller parties for reasons of challenge. Well, everybody his own play-style. But these people would never get to the group-banters of your mod, unfortunately.

And strictly speaking from my own perspective: I would have never gone to Bodhi right away after Underdark. Instead it was very important to me, to get back to my Keep and spend time with my loved ones. Yes, from an in-game-perspective time is of the essence to get back our souls. But from a meta-view I know, that I have all the time of the world. So I am usually not rushing to Bodhi. During my current playthrough that led to the unpleasant incident, that I had to wait for my first group-banter far to long (117 days, see above). If I may suggest this: Strike this condition of Bodhi beeing dead. I know, I am not the only one.

See you in a couple of weeks, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 13 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #55

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Seewead @ Sep 12 2017, 04:57 PM) *
Before I call it a day, let me once get back to

K.5
QUOTE(nullset @ Sep 12 2017, 05:52 PM) *

I would like you to remind, that there are plenty of players, who do not tend to travel with a full group of 6 persons, but like to use smaller parties for reasons of challenge. Well, everybody his own play-style. But these people would never get to the group-banters of your mod, unfortunately.

And strictly speaking from my own perspective: I would have never gone to Bodhi right away after Underdark. Instead it was very important to me, to get back to my Keep and spend time with my loved ones. Yes, from an in-game-perspective time is of the essence to get back our souls. But from a meta-view I know, that I have all the time of the world. So I am usually not rushing to Bodhi. During my current playthrough that led to the unpleasant incident, that I had to wait for my first group-banter far to long (117 days, see above). If I may suggest this: Strike this condition of Bodhi beeing dead. I know, I am not the only one.

See you in a couple of weeks, Seewead

1. OK. Gonna have to test this thoroughly, but setting it back to a requirement that there be at least 4 in the party of which at least three must be romanced. Can't do better than that. Group chat with less than three makes no sense and, in the 1st group chat, I cannot assume that anybody is parked. Any advance beyond this involves more complexity than I am willing to deal with, so don't ask.

2. Nope. Won't do it. The object here was to ensure that Imoen had a fair shot at being romanced before the 1st group chat. I have even considered requiring that Imoen be romanced (if she can be romanced). The banter gets a little wierd if she is in the party and not romanced. Otherwise, I have to rework the banter to cover more options. I might just have to do that at some point, but it is a fairly major project.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Abdelan
post Sep 17 2017, 11:33 AM
Post #56

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Sep 10 2017, 01:35 PM) *
QUOTE(Abdelan @ Sep 10 2017, 05:08 AM) *

OK. Now, I'm confused. There is no fairy in the circus quest; never was to the best of my recall. Rjali only starts flirting with you after the 2nd love talk. Love talks don't start until chapter 2 which begins when you visit the shadow thief's home in the slums for the 1st time. The visits to Sigil start when you talk with Horace about your budding multiple romance aspirations. The Horace conversation is NOT triggered by a rub of the lamp. Rjali has to have HER conversation with Horace. You must have had the 2nd love talk. Then, given time, Horace will pop up and things will begin to pop.

Hmmm, I recall that when I first played Rjali(ver 6.0 or so) I never entered the circus and I never got any quests from Rjali apart from occasional conversations. Around version 7.0 or so I visited the circus and when I got in the room when the ogre Aerie was soon after entering I got a message that something was wrong there and had a short conv with Rjali. Right after that a faerie appeared and I was taken to Sigil where I got acquinted with everyone there and stuff. Then after leaving I got eventually a conversation with Horace regarding multiple romances(though I think Rjali before that had a short conv regarding my PC flirting with other chicks). And it all did go good.

Now that I think about it tho I'm not sure if I did go through the circus part in chapter 1 or 2. Maybe in fact I only did said circus part in chapter 2 and did not flirt with Rajli till then so me doing so in chapter 1 and not noticing anything seemed strange to me.

Does the visit to Sigil only happen at a random time in chapter 2 or is it linked to the circus visit or even may happen there?

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 17 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #57

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Abdelan @ Sep 17 2017, 07:33 AM) *
QUOTE(nullset @ Sep 10 2017, 01:35 PM) *

Does the visit to Sigil only happen at a random time in chapter 2 or is it linked to the circus visit or even may happen there?

Timing of the 1st Sigil visit is described in my response above. And if you don't stop calling Horace a fairy, he will visit consequences upon your head!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Aledeth
post Feb 6 2020, 05:39 AM
Post #58

Forum Member

-Error on my end, some issue with other mod configurations. Trying to diagnose-

edit:Think I found the issue. I'd managed to install Sheena v1.8, who didn't have EE compatibility. Found a newer version (only could find 2.5, not 2.6) and things aren't freezing where they used to, so maybe it's fixed? Downside is all the text is messed up since I reinstalled all my mods and changed the order of other things so I gotta restart.

This post has been edited by Aledeth: Feb 6 2020, 12:48 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Feb 6 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #59

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Aledeth @ Feb 6 2020, 12:39 AM) *

edit:Think I found the issue. I'd managed to install Sheena v1.8, who didn't have EE compatibility. Found a newer version (only could find 2.5, not 2.6) and things aren't freezing where they used to, so maybe it's fixed? Downside is all the text is messed up since I reinstalled all my mods and changed the order of other things so I gotta restart.

WHEW!!! Had me worried there for a bit. I haven't had that sort of problem in a LONG time. You will gind that you will usually have to restart when mods are updated and reinstalled. The problem is that saved games have relative links to the dialog.tlk file. Updating mods does NOT reset these links in saved games, leading to some amusing crosstalk.

I have a request. If this sort of thing comes up again, please don't remove your original post as it renders your subsequent post without a reference. Sort of like the problem with the dialog.tlk file.
Can't help you with the Fade mod...unless you have dropbox? I suppose I could put my copy up there for you to grab.
PS - Currently working on Rjali v11.0 in which Kesai-Serris (Ravel's daughter) can be enterred into the mix.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Aledeth
post Feb 7 2020, 02:37 AM
Post #60

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Feb 6 2020, 06:27 AM) *
QUOTE(Aledeth @ Feb 6 2020, 12:39 AM) *

WHEW!!! Had me worried there for a bit. I haven't had that sort of problem in a LONG time. You will gind that you will usually have to restart when mods are updated and reinstalled. The problem is that saved games have relative links to the dialog.tlk file. Updating mods does NOT reset these links in saved games, leading to some amusing crosstalk.

I have a request. If this sort of thing comes up again, please don't remove your original post as it renders your subsequent post without a reference. Sort of like the problem with the dialog.tlk file.
Can't help you with the Fade mod...unless you have dropbox? I suppose I could put my copy up there for you to grab.
PS - Currently working on Rjali v11.0 in which Kesai-Serris (Ravel's daughter) can be enterred into the mix.

Yea, in retrospect I do feel quite silly about removing everything about the initial issue. I was trying to delete the post once I figured out it was my issue and not the mods, so I didn't want you to worry about it. Wasn't able to find the 'delete post' button (haven't been on these forums in 13 years!), and forgot that half context is worse than none at all sometimes.

Would Fade be able to be installed on a currently in-progress game or would I need to restart again to have her working? Either way, might at well get the link if you're offering. Thank you!

Maybe you won't care, but here's whole process of discovering the real issue:

I'd had issues getting Rjali to install at all. I'd installed the Romance mods in the order suggested by the Readme, but when I tried to install Rjali I got a long screen of errors being thrown, a lot of them saying something about being unable to find 'cut###' files. There were lots of others, but those were the ones I saw the most of. Something was obviously wrong, so I tried to find the mod causing issues by uninstalling every romance mod, then reinstalling them one at a time in order, installing Rjali each time I put a new mod in to see if she'd install right, then uninstalling her and installing the next romance mod till they'd all installed, and then Rjali installed correctly on top.

No idea why it installed when done one at a time like that, but it did. Game loaded, Rjali was in the dungeon, everything seemed OK!

Then cutscenes would hard lock. The only ones that I immediately noticed were caused by Horace, so I thought it was an issue with Rjali. Then a Beamdog cutscene in the Bridge District with Neera did the exact same kind of lock, so I figured it had to be something else. I did a complete re-install of BG2EE and all mods I was using, but Rjali wouldn't install. Again. So I did the same thing I did last time. Only this time, I added in an extra step: after each new romance was installed, I'd test if Horace would crash the game the same way he used to. Everything worked fine until Sheena. It was late enough I actually can't remember if I managed to force Sheena to install and Horace crashed again, or if Rjali just wouldn't install on top of her this time, but wither way I figured out that she was the problem mod. I looked into Sheena again and realized that I missed the download link in Edvin's post on the Beamdog forums and had been using an old version from BWL, got the newer version of her, installed her again, and she worked. No more Horace crashes, so I think I found the problem.

Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 05:05 AM