4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Compilation Features + Download, Version 2.0
ananas
post Oct 11 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #21

Forum Member

Hello Vlad,

Freshly registered, I intend to do another playthrough and I look forward to use your compilation and Neverending Journey.

I have questions about the latter.

I quote the BWP v18 pdf "By taking the portal immediately north of the starting area in
Irenicus' dungeon the party will travel through time and space to the town of Easthaven..."
Is it possible anyway to complete the Irenicus' dungeon and, juste before getting out to Athkatla, going back to the first level
of the dungeon and then play NEJ?
Did you keep Jeremy Soule's music in Icewind Dale?
Is it possible to add small portraits to your mods via Near Infinity tool?
And last, to your knowledge, are your compilation and NEJ not compatible with the "multiple strongholds" component of the tweak anthology (I made
a test install with all three mods and many others and found that I couldn't install this component any longer).

In any case, congratulations for your impressive work.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 11 2018, 07:14 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Hello and welcome.

Is it possible anyway to complete the Irenicus' dungeon and, juste before getting out to Athkatla, going back to the first level
of the dungeon and then play NEJ?
Only the first level. You won't be able to advance to the second level, but you may try. smile.gif

Did you keep Jeremy Soule's music in Icewind Dale?

Nope. We have different musical themes.

Is it possible to add small portraits to your mods via Near Infinity tool?
Sure.

And last, to your knowledge, are your compilation and NEJ not compatible with the "multiple strongholds" component of the tweak anthology (I made
a test install with all three mods and many others and found that I couldn't install this component any longer).

Please don't install that. I have introduced a lot of tweaks including my own version of multiple strongholds. The G3 tweaks maybe in conflict with my tweaks. Even if some components of the G3 tweaks are installed, they could override my files and later you'll start getting bugs in the game. So please don't install any tweak mods over my compilation. If you do so, you're on your own and don't expect that I'll be able to help you troubleshooting your game.

In any case, congratulations for your impressive work.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by Vlad: Oct 11 2018, 07:15 AM

Quote Post
ananas
post Oct 11 2018, 07:45 AM
Post #23

Forum Member

I thank you for your quick answers and advise.

May I still install the BG2 Fixpack or is it better to refrain too?

And, last, does your version of multiple strongholds allows to have all of them of only a part?

I guess I'll have to make two distinct installations.

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 11 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Mod Developer

May I still install the BG2 Fixpack or is it better to refrain too?
Please don't install "fixes", "tweaks" or anything like that. Everything that you need is already there. What is the particular "fix" are you looking for that I haven't implemented in the game?

And, last, does your version of multiple strongholds allows to have all of them of only a part?

My version allows to get two or three strongholds for dual or multiple classes. For example, if your PC is a fighter/mage, then he/she can get both De Arnise and Planar Sphere strongholds.

I don't see any sense to give the mage stronghold to a cleric or the bard stronghold to a ranger.

This post has been edited by Vlad: Oct 11 2018, 12:44 PM

Quote Post
ananas
post Oct 12 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #25

Forum Member

Thank you again for your answers.

I do not look for a particular fix; I don't have enough knowledge of programming mysteries for that purpose.
It was just curiosity.

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 12 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Okay, then my strong advice is to install all the components (you may chose this option during installation).

Enjoy it.

Quote Post
gigi_duru
post Oct 15 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #27

Forum Member

Hi Vlad,

I'm wondering if you're interested in BGT bugs, if you guys are not playing anymore. The character files for Jaheira and Viconia are incorrect in BG1. I've been looking at them with NearInfinity and they're different from the higher level versions (which I assume would be found in the BG2 part). Jaheira has 1 more strength (16) and 1 more dexterity (18) than the BG2 version, which is nice. But her kit is set as Imoen's charming rogue, not priest of sylvanus. Viconia has generally worse stats (except for an 18 CON that seems useless on her), has an allignment of neutral evil (while the high level version has been changed to neutral), and does not have her darkcloak of Shar kit (she's a trueclass cleric). Due to her stats, she can't wear her unique amulet.

P.S. Where would I find a description of just what the priest of sylvanus kit does? Even if I fixed the above issues with Shadowkeeper, in game, Jaheira's class description is still fighter druid.
P.P.S. (not a bug report) the "tougher" black talon elites are ridiculous sad.gif

This post has been edited by gigi_duru: Oct 15 2018, 08:50 PM

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 16 2018, 09:15 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Mod Developer

PRIEST OF SYLVANUS: This druid kit was especially created for Jaheira to reflect her unique personality.

Advantages:
- She may gain the grand mastery in any missile weapons she can use including light crossbows.
- She gains +1 to hit, and +1 to damage with any missile weapon for every six levels of experience.
- She has access to three innate abilities, which become available from her innate slots as she advances levels:

1. Sylvanus Mental Agility. This spell creates the energetic channel between Jaheira and her god that quickens the thought processes allowing her to cast spells more quickly than normally. Jaheira gains this spell at levels:
Level 1, +1 to casting speed factor for 2 rounds,

Level 6, +2 to casting speed factor for 7 rounds,

Level 12, +3 to casting speed factor for 9 rounds,

Level 18, +4 to casting speed factor for 12 rounds.
2. Sylvanus Physical Agility. This spell quickens Jaheira's reflexes, enabling faster and more effective combat. Jaheira gains this spell at levels:

Level 3, +1 to attack speed factor and dexterity for 2 rounds,
Level 9, +2 to attack speed factor and +1 to dexterity for 7 rounds,

Level 15, +3 to attack speed factor and +1 to dexterity for 9 rounds,
Level 21, +4 to attack speed factor and +2 to dexterity for 11 rounds.
3. Sylvanus Shape Change. Jaheira gains this spell at levels 12th, 24th and 36th. With this spell, she is able to assume the form of a powerful creature (mind flayer, iron golem, greater wolfwere, earth elemental, fire elemental, or giant troll), and becomes the creature she wishes, gaining almost all of its abilities. Thus, she can change into a mind flayer to stun her opponents and then become an earth elemental to crush her foes. These creatures have whatever hit points Jaheira had at the time of the shape change. Each alteration in form requires only a second, and no system shock is incurred. Note that the although the assumed form has the combat characteristics of the real creature, it may not have all of its immunities.

Disadvantages:
- No regular shapeshifting abilities.

I'm attaching the amended BG1 CRE files for Jaheira, Viconia and Edwin:

Attached File  BG1_CRE_files.zip ( 6.5k ) Number of downloads: 1

Unzip directly into your override directory.

What's about Imoen? Is her kit okay in BG1?

Please continue reporting the issues in BG1 if any. I'll update the VC installation then with the amended files.

This post has been edited by Vlad: Oct 16 2018, 06:22 PM

Quote Post
gigi_duru
post Oct 16 2018, 03:55 PM
Post #29

Forum Member

Hi Vlad,

There were no issues with Imoen, it's just that Jaheira was also using her kit. Thanks for the files (haven't recruited Edwin yet, so it should help there). I'll post any other issues I come across.

Edit: looked a bit at the files you posted. What's Viconia's alignment supposed to be? It's still neutral evil in the updated files, while the BG2 versions are true neutral. And I remember that her amulet remained unwearable, even after I edited her stats, until I changed her alignment to true neutral with Shadowkeeper.

This post has been edited by gigi_duru: Oct 16 2018, 04:07 PM

Quote Post
Senka
post Oct 16 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Premium Member

while the BG2 versions are true neutra

In original BG2 Vic always be neutral evil smile.gif

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 16 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I have changed her alignment to true neutral. This also corresponds to her kit: Darkcloak of Shar.

Amulet should now be wearable.

Please unzip the attached three files directly into your override.

Attached File  Viconia_BG1_CRE.zip ( 1.91k ) Number of downloads: 4

To justify my decision, Viconia has never been a proper evil character. She's a drow, but a rogue drow. This is the excerpt from the description of her kit:

"...Unusual among other orders in the Church, the "Darkcloaks" were actually a compassionate group of oracles and caregivers who tended to those troubled souls who were emotionally damaged, often bringing the bliss of forgetfulness to soothe their pain. Their work did much to present the church in a positive light to the populace, though too often the reaction was still negative. This order included some of the few non-evil clerics in the Church, and Viconia is one of them."

This post has been edited by Vlad: Oct 16 2018, 06:14 PM

Quote Post
Senka
post Oct 16 2018, 07:39 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Premium Member

Well, next time I will look closely ))))

Quote Post
zelazko
post Oct 18 2018, 06:35 PM
Post #33

Forum Member

Component MY COMPILATION includes those?

Baldurdash Fix Pack for SoA-ToB, v1.76 WeiDU
Tortured Souls v7.06
Keldorn Romance v1.0
Third Path

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 18 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Why not to take a look at the first post in this topic? hammer.gif

Quote Post
zelazko
post Oct 19 2018, 01:17 AM
Post #35

Forum Member

QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 18 2018, 05:05 PM) *
Why not to take a look at the first post in this topic? hammer.gif

It nowhere says in OP what ~SETUP-VCV20.TP2~ #0 #0 // MY COMPILATION includes. I figure it includes

Baldurdash Fix Pack for SoA-ToB, v1.76 WeiDU
Tortured Souls v7.06
Keldorn Romance v1.0
Third Path

because I don't see those components during the installation.

What have been done to Kachioko? If her wakizashi swords 3+ and 4+ weren't already overpowered her rings doubles spell amounts decreases casting time gives poison and magic protection. This begs for separate optional component that nerfs wakizashi swords and ring. There are folks out there who take seriously balance and will skip Tortured Souls if there aren't way to nerf overpowered items. Mods like uniqueartifacts, BP-Balancer and item revision can't handle everything custom made like her ring or sword.
Her old voiceover was cute and better suited in my taste that's how I remembered the NPC.

This post has been edited by zelazko: Oct 19 2018, 01:21 AM

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 19 2018, 08:14 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Mod Developer

It's all matter of personal tastes. We don't play the game with other mods except our owns. We like superheroes and their power items. This is what we like. If you don't like what we do, you don't play our mods. No need to come here and post your complaints.

Quote Post
zelazko
post Oct 20 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #37

Forum Member

Would taking the ring off her by using Shadow Keeper break the game? Are the wakizashis and the ring needed for the game/mod to function properly?

Quote Post
Vlad
post Oct 20 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Mod Developer

No items are needed for the plot. You may remove them with Near Infinity or similar editor without any problem, if that makes you feel better. But let me warn you that the items in VC+NeJ3 becomes more and more powerful with your progress in the game, as well as enemies, by the way. You'll feel the need for those swords and that ring very soon. But then you may add them back of course.

This post has been edited by Vlad: Oct 20 2018, 08:24 PM

Quote Post
zelazko
post Oct 20 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #39

Forum Member

Can I get Vlad’s Compilation v1.0 (12.01.18)? It is only version that works with other mods according to BiG World Project guide for mega mod installation.

Quote Post
gigi_duru
post Oct 21 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #40

Forum Member

Hi Vlad,

Are you aware of any compatibility issues with a patch that allows conversations with charmed creatures? I'm specifically referring to this:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/506-bg...ed-creatures-4/

Playing through BG1 with BGT, it seems a lot of potential conversations with charmed creatures are disabled by the BG2 engine. The above mod seems to patch the executable, so I'm wondering if any of your mods also need to mess with the exe.

This post has been edited by gigi_duru: Oct 21 2018, 01:59 PM

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 06:18 AM