Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rjali Romance, The latest readme
imp
post Aug 8 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #81

Forum Member

Seewead, yes You are right. I used PL version of some mods. I was searching yesterday for another solution, and I find that EE isn't full compatible with translations (I've got also crashes with trying to upgrade weapons by Cromwell). IU mod was fixed (only in installing by BWS).
So that't a bit dissapointing that EE version is a lot worse than original BG2.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
imp
post Aug 27 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #82

Forum Member

nullset one more question. I have a bug in the ending of ToB, probably with Imoen Romance mod - after decision Imoen says "wow (or something like that" and I can't response, I have in dialog menu "no valid links or replies" and dialog ends and nothing happens - all my party still attacking Amelissana and I don't have endings for NPC. So my question is: where the endings are put in mod - with this info I'll be able to read endings in Near nfinity or Notepad++.

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 27 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #83

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(imp @ Aug 27 2017, 02:24 PM) *
nullset one more question. I have a bug in the ending of ToB, probably with Imoen Romance mod - after decision Imoen says "wow (or something like that" and I can't response, I have in dialog menu "no valid links or replies" and dialog ends and nothing happens - all my party still attacking Amelissana and I don't have endings for NPC. So my question is: where the endings are put in mod - with this info I'll be able to read endings in Near nfinity or Notepad++.

This usually indicates that some mod has made an interjection that fouls up other mods' interjections. The solution is to click on the "NO VALID LINKS OR REPLIES". This will terminate the dialogue and will, hopefully, allow the game to procede as normal. The endings, whether you mean the epilogues or just the responses to the PC's decision on assencion, vary from mod to mod. You're on your own here.

I have to confess that I don't play Imoen in the ToB part of the game, precisely because the code is very complex and may not always be compatible with other mods (my own included). I park her in the deArnise Keep as soon as she has been romanced and scouted. As a consequence, I have no answers to any problems related to her in ToB. You might think of registering your problem with the Imoen Romance website.

I will try a runthrough of ToB with Imoen in my party and see what I can find. I will get back to you on it as soon as I can.

This post has been edited by nullset: Aug 28 2017, 02:00 AM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
imp
post Aug 28 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #84

Forum Member

Yes, normally this option works, but in my case nothing happens -> dialog ends, and my party attacks again (dead) amellisana wink.gif. I'll try quick playthrough with Imoen send to Keep

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 29 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #85

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(imp @ Aug 28 2017, 09:45 AM) *
Yes, normally this option works, but in my case nothing happens -> dialog ends, and my party attacks again (dead) amellisana wink.gif . I'll try quick playthrough with Imoen send to Keep

That will certainly solve the problem. I have done that runthrough and encountered the same problem. I was wrong about the Imoen Romance mod (ToB) in general as the v3.9 is in general solid, but there is definitely a problem in it caused by certain variables not being set by the end of ToB. Not sure just why, but I suspect a timing problem. In any case, I am putting a workaround patch into Rjali v8.5 which worked for me; it isn't a full fix, but it will get you to the end of the game with Imoen in your party. Until v8.5 is released, you can use the CLUAConsole to patch it: just before going to the final showdown with Mellisan, C:SetGlobal("LRTMad","GLOBAL",1). The patch and this fix assume that Imoen is romanced: ImoenRomanceActive=2.

I plan to pass this info along to the Imoen Romance mod website, and it is to be hoped that they will look into it.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 31 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #86

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

OK, imp. I have looked into it, and I think I can see what is happening in the Imoen Romance in the ToB section. Instead of relying on timed dialogues to set various variables, IR uses PIDs (Player Initiated Dialogues) which are triggered in various areas after various events. You gotta talk to Imoen FREQUENTLY! I am planning a runthrough to check this out. Rjali v8.5 will still have the patch just in case, at least until IR releases a bug fix.

As an aside, there is a hidden feature in IR ToB: Imoen can talk (initiated dialogue) with herself. Doesn't look like this affects any variables, but I was unaware of it myself. Just thought you might like to know.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Abdelan
post Sep 17 2017, 11:25 AM
Post #87

Forum Member

Strange, it says latest version is 8.5 but when I download I get the 8.4 version.

Same with the Jinni download where it says that it is ver 1.7 but only downloads the 1.6 ver.

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 17 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #88

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Abdelan @ Sep 17 2017, 07:25 AM) *
Strange, it says latest version is 8.5 but when I download I get the 8.4 version.

Same with the Jinni download where it says that it is ver 1.7 but only downloads the 1.6 ver.

Both also state that the readme might be posted in advance of the actually release. In fact, Baronius has been very busy and has not yet moved them into the download centre. He told me 24 hours, so they should be ready sometime today. Real boats rock!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post May 7 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #89

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I have just started work on v9.0 which will add a post game expansion segment. This will take some months to complete, further aggravated by some family business to which I must attend in those same months. With luck, it should be available by the end of the year. I know I mentioned this earlier, but it hasn't been until recently that my muse saw fit to visit me with the ideas needed to implement it. Sorry about that.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jun 24 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #90

Forum Member

Dear Nullset, long time no see! I am truly delighted to see you are moving on with your work. thumb.gif

Version 9.0 could be the beginning of a new era, I guess. But no pressure laugh.gif .

See ya, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Jun 24 2018, 01:08 PM
Post #91

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Seewead @ Jun 24 2018, 05:30 AM) *
Version 9.0 could be the beginning of a new era, I guess. But no pressure laugh.gif .

I don't know about a new era. The only really major change is the post-EOG expansion, and I have no idea how to make that compatible with anyone else trying to do the same thing. There is a bunch of stuff during the game, mostly bug fixes and minor niceties. I am adding a few parkables: Petsy; Amber in SoA by choice and forced in ToB because she has no ToB content; and Ninde in ToB only because her major plotline comes to fruition right at the end of SoA.

You will be glad to hear that things have gone much faster than I expected. I hope to release in July.

PS - The Sheena mod is evidently coming out with ToB content, and there is a version of the Amber mod with ToB content. Once I have 9.0 out the door, I will look at upgrading my Amber material and including Sheena (whenever the ToB version comes out).

This post has been edited by nullset: Jun 24 2018, 04:22 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Jun 27 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #92

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

OK. 9.0 is released and should appear for download sometime tomorrow. The readme is up in the usual place. I'm going to bed!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jun 30 2018, 07:18 AM
Post #93

Forum Member

Dear Nullset, I am really keen on playing your new mod. Unfortunately, my time is sparse at the moment, therefore I am not able to try out all the shiny new toys you're presenting to us. Will have a big window of opportunity around November and Dezember - but that is still a long haul to cover. bigcry.gif Anyway I don't want to wait so long just to thank you for your work. thumb.gif Now I have another reason to look forward for winter time.

Seewead

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jun 30 2018, 07:29 AM
Post #94

Forum Member

And of course I am very curious about what is still to come in your new mod versions until autumn or even winter. tongue.gif

Like I had no idea there will be TOB content for Sheena and even Amber. Wow.

smile.gif , Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Jun 30 2018, 11:36 AM
Post #95

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Seewead @ Jun 30 2018, 03:29 AM) *
Like I had no idea there will be TOB content for Sheena and even Amber. Wow.

Don't hold your breath on Sheena. It sounds like the mod is next door to moribund and, in any case, will be some time before ToB content is available. I have decided that only mods with ToB content will be included from now on. Also with the Sheena, I would like to include Mazzy who is an especial friend of Sheena's, but that one may or may not be terminal, We'll see.

Besides supported mod upgrades and new mods, there are going to be one or two little goodies in v9.1. Just don't expect them anytime soon.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 7 2018, 03:13 PM
Post #96

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Well, here it is. I am releasing v10.0, which was originally intended to be v9.1 but which, while there are no new major features, has such a lot of changes that it merits a major version number. Sheena is included, although she has only SoA content. There is a critical fix occasioned by BG2EE v2.5 which blew the Nordom quest out of the water. Enjoy.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
zelazko
post Oct 14 2018, 03:33 AM
Post #97

Forum Member

Could you please upload archived version v2.82? Automated installer tool may not handle the current version v10.0. I am also looking for Fade Romance v7.3b. I cannot find anywhere though Fade v5.1 is available.

This post has been edited by zelazko: Oct 14 2018, 03:33 AM

Quote Post
nullset
post Oct 14 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #98

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(zelazko @ Oct 13 2018, 11:33 PM) *
Could you please upload archived version v2.82? Automated installer tool may not handle the current version v10.0. I am also looking for Fade Romance v7.3b. I cannot find anywhere though Fade v5.1 is available.

Firstly, there never has been a v2.82 of Rjali. Secondly, there have been so many additions, upgrades, and bug fixes that I am unwilling to go back to versions anywhere near that old. And lastly, what automated installer tool would that be? To the best of my knowledge, the supplied WeiDU install works just fine, and I have heard no recent complaints about BWS installs. Now, I have heard nothing on the Mac install, having dealt only with a user who was at that time only doing the Jini mod which we got working for him. I'm really not sure what your problem is here.

As to Fad v7.3b, you'll have to look more closely at the offered downloads, as the Fade author does not always update the announced version when issuing a new release. That v5.1 you are talking about just might be v7.3b. I went spare when I ran into this; now, it's your turn!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
zelazko
post Oct 14 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #99

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Oct 14 2018, 11:17 AM) *
QUOTE(zelazko @ Oct 13 2018, 11:33 PM) *

Firstly, there never has been a v2.82 of Rjali.

My mistake. I must have been tired. I am looking for version v8.5. According to v18 BiG World guide it needs to be v8.5 version. But if the components stayed after v8.5 the same then it should be fine.

https://imgur.com/a/5m7bCxS

This post has been edited by zelazko: Oct 14 2018, 04:14 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Oct 14 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #100

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

@zelazko It really should be fine with BWS. The components have not changed. I fantasize sometimes about changing things around but, so far, I just smack myself upside the head until I feel better. I shudder everytime I think of the gyrations I would have to go through with BWS to make changes like that. Nope. I am and will remain a wuss.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2024 - 07:33 AM