9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rjali Romance, The latest readme
nullset
post Dec 3 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Rjali NPC MOD is a romance add-on for the game Baldur's Gate II Extended Edition, with the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.

Rjali is an amorous cleric/thief who will not leave your side. You just cannot get rid of her. She will accept your other amours as long as you take good care of her. Primary interests: romance and the search for the perfect taco. She is strictly a one man woman, and you are that man. She refuses to have anything to do with female and/or evil PCs.

The mod incorporates multiple romances and adds interaction between the various romanced women. Everybody knows what is going on!

Romances included:

Rjali mod:
Rjali (of course)

PST:
Annah
Grace
Ravel
Kesai-Serris
Jini (NPNPC)
Fay
Ecco (affair only)
BG2EE:
Jaheira
Viconia
Neera
Aerie
Talira (NPNPC)
Mods:
Imoen
Nalia
Saerileth
Branwen
Tashia
Ninde
Tyris
Yvette
Fade
Isra
Dace
Amber
Skie
Petsy
Sirene
Sheena

This is the latest readme. It might be posted in advance of the relevant download becoming available.

Here is the download for the latest version: http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/mods...oad.php?mod=389

Currently, the latest version is v12.6.

As of v8.4, the Rjali mod is MAC OS X capable.
As of v12.0, the Rjali mod is EET compatable.
As of v12.0, the Rjali mod is available in Russian.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Readme_Rjali.txt ( 70.17k ) Number of downloads: 27

--------------------
nullset
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
nullset
post Dec 15 2015, 05:53 AM
Post #2

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

This is an oops! I just found a nasty bug in the group banters. I will be issuing v4.1 in the next week or so. I need to finish this run-through to make sure I haven't introduced any more of them. Patience, please.

This post has been edited by nullset: Dec 26 2015, 04:30 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Dec 25 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

So, this mod is only for BG:EE, BGT and original ToB are incompatible?

Quote Post
nullset
post Dec 26 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(my very bad english @ Dec 24 2015, 07:28 PM) *
So, this mod is only for BG:EE, BGT and original ToB are incompatible?

It is intended for BG2 and is only tested for BG2:EE (SoA and ToB).

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Dec 26 2015, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Yep, last two components ( Rjali's mod and equipping of troops ) won't install on non BG2:EE games. Unrelated to the topic, do you maybe have plans to expand this mod on Bg 1 portion of game ( Tutu, BGT, BG:EE ) at some point in the future?

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 1 2016, 02:54 AM
Post #6

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(my very bad english @ Dec 26 2015, 12:04 PM) *
Yep, last two components ( Rjali's mod and equipping of troops ) won't install on non BG2:EE games. Unrelated to the topic, do you maybe have plans to expand this mod on Bg 1 portion of game ( Tutu, BGT, BG:EE ) at some point in the future?

I have thought of adding some content to BG:EE but, while Rjali might make a guest appearance or two, the story in BG2:EE really doesn't allow for her to join the PC's party in BG:EE. She could get introduced in Candlekeep and shadow the PC in Baldur's Gate and such. Mostly I would do it to be able to buff up my party and their equipment in game. I was thinking of another lamp with a female genie this time, who just might have something to say for herself. Pretty simple stuff. Not sure anybody else would be interested. I haven't got a lot of feedback on the BG2:EE mod, so I would be shooting in the dark. Except for my own enjoyment, of course.

As for the non-EE games, there is one of me and too little time to do more in that line.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
my very bad e...
post Jan 1 2016, 10:15 AM
Post #7

Forum Member

Heh, too bad but understandable. But I must say, your ideas for BG1 are interesting. As for the lack of feedback don't underestimate the potential number of players interested and ready to play your mod, especially when it get updated for BWS ( Big world setup, don't know if you are familiar with it ). It's just that it is relatively new and unknown mod till now...

Quote Post
Ser_Elryk
post Jan 3 2016, 06:08 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

QUOTE(my very bad english @ Jan 1 2016, 04:15 AM) *
Heh, too bad but understandable. But I must say, your ideas for BG1 are interesting. As for the lack of feedback don't underestimate the potential number of players interested and ready to play your mod, especially when it get updated for BWS ( Big world setup, don't know if you are familiar with it ). It's just that it is relatively new and unknown mod till now...

I agree on all counts! =)

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 15 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #9

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

As soon as I stop jacking around with new ideas that cause me to rework and rerun, and get a clean run-through, v5 will be coming out. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. (But I have said that before, haven't I?) I replaced all of the external patches with in-tp2 patches, so it should be BWS capable. As soon as I have the download up on BWL, I'll whip over to SHS and talk to the MAN about getting it into BWL. Baronius assures me that a BWS-friendly download link is available.

Now, as Horace would say: GO AWAY! I have work to do.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 16 2016, 06:53 AM
Post #10

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Sorry, Guys. I just got my global proxy working like a mensch, which means some more jacking around. They say patience is a virtue, but I have never seen it. I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better, I am getting heartily sick of Chateau Irenicus. As a point of interest, the global version had what I thought was an unfortunate side effect, until I took the stage director's standard advice to "use it". Making a virtue of my mistakes, as it were.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 29 2016, 05:02 AM
Post #11

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

OK. V5 is done. The readme is up now, and the download will be up as soon as I can get it to Baronius. WHEW!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 29 2016, 05:58 AM
Post #12

Forum Member

Congratulations on the almost-release!

The readme says Imoen Romance v2.5 - is that still correct or have you updated to v3.4?

The fixes you've documented have some overlap with the BiG World Fixpack, I think. Have you looked at the patches there?

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 29 2016, 01:17 PM
Post #13

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(agb1 @ Jan 29 2016, 12:58 AM) *
Congratulations on the almost-release!

The readme says Imoen Romance v2.5 - is that still correct or have you updated to v3.4?

The fixes you've documented have some overlap with the BiG World Fixpack, I think. Have you looked at the patches there?

I just looked at it, and the readme says v5, not v2.5 .

Since I know essentially nothing about BiG World, I wouldn't know where to look. Some of my fixes are for bugs in the G3 Tweakpack and some for NPC mods. I was going to get on to you as soon as v5 was ready to go, but you are too quick for me! I'll try to find and have a look at you're patches. I have been trying to find where to inform modders about problems in their mods, but it is not easy to find where to do that, as most searches return older versions than the one I am working with.

Also have a minor fix to Eternal Imoen going up on BWL at same time as the Rjali v5. I understand that the Eternal Imoen is probably more popular than Rjali, and it will be more so now that it is good to go for tob and soa, not just bg2ee.

Just looked at the BWP Fixpack. The Dace fix does overlap with mine. Found what looks like a reference to the Tyris Flare Watchers Keep interjection problem, but couldn't find the fix itself. There is no reference to any of my other fixes. Does your Fixpack address a universal iconv UT-8 character conversion?

This post has been edited by nullset: Jan 29 2016, 06:12 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 29 2016, 07:41 PM
Post #14

Forum Member

For some older mods the BWFixpack patches them to add HANDLE_CHARSETS to make their dialogue EE-compatible, and the BWFixpack includes iconv to support that.

If you are not using any non-ANSI characters in your tra files then you can just use UTF-8 encoding for your mods and it should work for both EE and non-EE.

I will look at the Tyris patch. Note BWFixpack isn't easy to install cross-platform yet (the package only has a Windows batch script). There is an experimental script for Linux and OS X that some users are testing, and I've started looking into converting it to WeiDU, but for now you might want to keep your independent patches even if the BWFixpack has patches for the same problems.

We need to check if your mod is installed with the BWFixpack that we don't end up with new problems because both tried to fix the same issue.

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 30 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #15

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I have made the change to NOT patch Dace if the BWFixpack has already done it. I can do the same for others, but I have to know about them. Per my comment in Eternal Imoen, I did a search and couldn't find any others. The reference I found to a Tyris Flare overlap had no actual implementation as far as I could find.

Are you saying that BWFixpack already fixes the EE incompatability for non-standard Roman characters (with diacriticals)? If so and I can figure out how to determine that BWFixpack has done its thing in WeiDU, I can make my fixes depend on that. My mod uses only standard Roman characters, so I have no such issue.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 30 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #16

Forum Member

Here is an example of how the Big World Fixpack patches certain mods for EE compatibility (this is not a global solution, but mod-by-mod):

--- setup-pcvamp.tp2 Mon Jan 25 17:09:39 2016
+++ setup-pcvamp.tp2 Mon Jan 25 17:44:03 2016
@@ -1,18 +1,35 @@
BACKUP ~pcvamp/Backup~
AUTHOR ~Nicolas Peters - admin@baldursgate-refugium.de (http://www.baldursgate-refugium.de/)~
-VERSION "v1.1"
+VERSION "v1.1 BWP Fix 2"
README "pcvamp/Readme.html"
-AUTO_TRA ~pcvamp/TRA/%s~
+AUTO_TRA ~pcvamp/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/%s~
+
+// Make sure strings are correctly encoded for both EE and non-EE games
+ALWAYS
+ ACTION_IF "%WEIDU_OS%" STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~win32~ THEN BEGIN
+ AT_NOW ~if not exist "iconv" mkdir iconv~
+ AT_NOW ~if not exist "iconv\iconv.exe" copy "BiG World Fixpack\_utils\iconv" "iconv"~
+ END
+ ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY tra_reload BEGIN setup END
+ LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS
+ INT_VAR
+ infer_charset = 1
+ STR_VAR
+ tra_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/TRA~
+ iconv_path = EVAL ~iconv~
+ reload_array = tra_reload
+ END
+END
+
LANGUAGE ~Deutsch~ ~german~ ~pcvamp/TRA/german/setup.tra~
LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~pcvamp/TRA/english/setup.tra~

BEGIN @1 // Mal des Vampirismus
-REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @31 // Für eine Installation muss Thron des Bhaal installiert sein!
-REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Scripts.bif~ @31 // Für eine Installation muss Thron des Bhaal installiert sein!
+REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_INCLUDES ~TOB~ @31 // Für eine Installation muss Thron des Bhaal installiert sein!

// BMPs
COPY ~pcvamp/BMP/amalethS.bmp~ ~override/amalethS.bmp~
COPY ~pcvamp/BMP/taericS.bmp~ ~override/taericS.bmp~

// [BAMs]
COPY ~pcvamp/BAM/sumik04.bam~ ~override/sumik04.bam~
@@ -94,20 +111,22 @@
// Falle durch Schattendieb und Lathanderiten
COPY ~pcvamp/BCS/pcvampc6.bcs~ ~override/pcvampc6.bcs~
COPY ~pcvamp/BCS/pcvampc7.bcs~ ~override/pcvampc7.bcs~
COPY ~pcvamp/BCS/pcvampc8.bcs~ ~override/pcvampc8.bcs~
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0700.bcs~ ~pcvamp/BCS/AR0700.bcs~ // Gebietscript Waukeens Promenade ergänzen
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR0702.bcs~ ~pcvamp/BCS/AR0702.bcs~ // Gebietscript Abenteuers Allerlei ergänzen

+/* BWP Fixpack incorporates this patch into Valen's original priest.bcs file
// Kleriker-Script Bugfix ausführen, wenn Valen-Mod installiert ist
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~valen.cre~ THEN BEGIN
PRINT @20 // Valen-Mod gefunden, installiere Kleriker-Script Bugfix...
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP ~.*\(PRIE\|CLER\|HEAL\|PRST\|SHAM\).*\.BCS~ ~override~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~pcvamp/BCS/priest.bcs~ ~pcvamp/BCS/priest2.bcs~
END
+*/

// Gebietscript Refugium (TdB)
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~AR4500.bcs~ ~pcvamp/BCS/pcvampc3.bcs~

// [Dialoge]
COMPILE ~pcvamp/DLG/pcvamp.d~
USING ~pcvamp/TRA/%s/pcvamp.tra~

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 30 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #17

Forum Member

I would suggest not concerning this mod with making other mods EE-compatible. Instead, we can take such patches and include them in the Fixpack (and/or give them to the mod authors, if they are still around).

By the way, post #2 in this thread still says v4.1 but the link points to v5 now. You might want to edit that post to update the version number.

This post has been edited by agb1: Jan 30 2016, 06:03 PM

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 30 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #18

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

OK by me. I have STRING_SET patches for Amber, Ninde, and Tyris Flare. I'll turn them off for the BWP install.

Just moved the download pointer to post #1 and got rid of post #2.

I'll hold off on uploading the latest (v5.1) until I hear back from you on possible conflicts. No sense doing it more than once, (We should be so lucky...)

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 30 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #19

Forum Member

OK. I'm looking at your patches now.

By the way, to make the tp2 more readable, have you considered moving each component into a separate tpa file (or several tpa files) and using INCLUDE?

This post has been edited by agb1: Jan 30 2016, 06:45 PM

Quote Post
agb1
post Jan 30 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #20

Forum Member

With how your patches are implemented, I don't see any harm if they stay enabled with BWS/BWP. You are using REPLACE_TEXTUALLY and STRING_SET and those will just do nothing if the original text has already been patched. Feel free to upload your latest version when ready and I will add it to BWS.

Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2024 - 05:27 PM