Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rjali Romance, The latest readme
nullset
post Jul 17 2016, 02:25 PM
Post #61

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Hi Seewead,

1 - As part of the Equip option, I do indeed change the maxspells for all classes to maximum for all levels. Part of my super-buffing effort.

2 - Don't remember, if you are refering to Rjali. Annah and Grace get some voicing from PST.

3 - Install Rjali first. Then, put your portraits into the override folder. If I were doing it, I would make a mini-mod to do it with WeiDU. It's pretty easy: get the Weidu infrastructure right and copy your portraits folder into override. Et voila!

4 - I shouldn't think it would cause problems. Spells aren't handled like audio and avatars, with fixed slots. Those spells are not character spells, but are used as the easiest way to change a name and portrait. I use them to set up my invisible voices that assume the character of party members. This saves a whole lot of dialog triggers to let different NPCs in the party speak the same lines, at the expense of some out of character remarks. I was young and stupid when I did it, but it *was* a neat trick.

Please wait for 7.0! It fixes a real bug in parked NPCs not being transitioned to ToB properly. I am (I hope) on my last test run through, so it should be released in the next week or two.

--------------------
nullset
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Seewead
post Jul 17 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #62

Forum Member

Thanks for your quick response!

And I will wait for 7.x! biggrin.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 21 2016, 01:39 AM
Post #63

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

v7.0 is up. Enjoy!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Mar 19 2017, 11:11 AM
Post #64

Forum Member

Hi there, nullset, I copied this over from the other thread, if you will allow this:

QUOTE(nullset @ Mar 9 2017, 09:56 PM) *
Seewead, the whole EET thing is gonna be set back again. While I will be releasing Jini in a few days, I find that I want to make serious additions to Rjali and issue a v8.0. Jini has a new character: Fay, who is a Will-O-The-Wisp who will tag along (sort of a familiar) with the PC's party without actually joining. She also has a sort-of-romance with the PC. I want to carry her on in BG2EE via the Rjali mod. There are also adjustments to be made in Rjali due to developments in the Jini mod which, after all, is the prequel to Rjali. I have no estimates yet on how long that will take. When your muse is pounding you on the head, you can but go where she leads.

Well, that's great news, man! I love the idea of getting still more content in my favourite mod (of all times). Who would have thougt it? rolleyes.gif

I can't get enough, really. laugh.gif

Bee seeing you, Seewead

Quote Post
nullset
post Mar 19 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #65

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Thanx, Seewead. It is moving along, but new content and new techniques (new to moi) take time. Maybe a couple of months.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 11 2017, 11:59 PM
Post #66

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

I just released Rjali v8.0. Moving on to Jini v1.1 for which I have some minor changes. Then, I'm taking a vacation and trying out the new PSTEE.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Apr 12 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #67

Forum Member

Dear Nullset, as often you surprise us with a shiny new toy. wub.gif Can't wait to try it out!

See ya, Seewead

Quote Post
Abdelan
post May 5 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #68

Forum Member

Clicked on the download link for ver 8.2 but got "404 NOT FOUND". sad.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post May 5 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #69

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Abdelan @ May 5 2017, 09:35 AM) *
Clicked on the download link for ver 8.2 but got "404 NOT FOUND". sad.gif

I confirmed the problem and got onto Baronius at Black Wyrm. The problem is now fixed. You will need to get out of your browser and come back in to reset whatever needs resetting. When I did this, the download worked just fine. Thanx a bunch for reporting the problem!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post May 10 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #70

Forum Member

Couldn't walk by without telling you how much I love this:

From your readme: "- Skie can now be parked."

And the crowd goes wild! thumb.gif Seewead

Quote Post
iamlenb
post Jun 15 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #71

Forum Member

Stopping by to try out your work. Read through the thread and thought I'd like to offer a suggestion regarding romance mods in general:

Gifts - Add a selection of misc items throughout the various vendors. Flowers, candy, jewelry, Butterknife of Balduran, clothing, shoes, etc... As the romance with each NPC develops, PC eventually have a dialog that gives you a hint of the perfect gift for that NPC which leads to an exclusive lovetalk. Not sure how much work an extra love talk involves. Makes the User section of the journal an asset to track where you found the gifts.

If inventory management is an issue, add a scenery container "Gift Box" to the Parking Lot domicile where the romance NPCs reside.

Expandable item upgrades/creation - Add a dialog to Maheer the Horn Merchant, Cromwell, Cespenar, Jerlia the Ore Merchant, Sir Sarles, any other likely NPC who might craft something beautiful. Dialog could be like regular item upgrade from Cromwell where they root through your pack for miscellaneous items and gems and offering a finished product. The NPC may not even know that the Collar Bell from Barad Ding's quest decorated with six Lynx Eye Gems is perfect for that special someone. But the PC does. By romancing her.

Add a set of tools, scattered throughout the merchant shops, that combine to form an Artisan's Tool Set. Usable in the domicile once per day to silently check the PC inventory and present a list of things to make. Take a page from the Golem Manual and hide recipes around the world to find. Get ambitious and copy the Machine of Lum the Mad style experimental dialog tree for making things. *Phew*

Here's me hoping you find some value and perhaps inspiration in my words, may your creative juices ever flow. Thanks for sharing your work.

Quote Post
nullset
post Jun 15 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #72

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(iamlenb @ Jun 15 2017, 01:53 PM) *
Read through the thread and thought I'd like to offer a suggestion regarding romance mods in general:

Thanx for stopping by. I have seen such in other mods and will consider your suggestion seriously. I am currently on vacation playing through my new PSTEE (having created my very own book of cheats). Also, doing some testing for aquadrizzt for the PowerOfBelief PSTEE mod. Can't say when I will get around to it, but I will not forget it.

I am sorry, iamlenb. I have thought about this seriously, but your suggestions do not fit my conception of the mod nor is it a direction in which I want to go. I am not out to create a world with normal, everyday attributes, but to provide a lynchpin and umbrella for multiple romance, which I think I have accomplished. Barring a serious lightning bolt from my muse, I will be sticking with bug fixes, and minor stuff like all those spelling and grammar errors still floating around in the dialogue. Thank you for your suggestions.

This post has been edited by nullset: Jul 9 2017, 02:53 AM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Abdelan
post Jul 19 2017, 08:07 AM
Post #73

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Jun 15 2017, 07:02 PM) *
QUOTE(iamlenb @ Jun 15 2017, 01:53 PM) *
Read through the thread and thought I'd like to offer a suggestion regarding romance mods in general:

Thanx for stopping by. I have seen such in other mods and will consider your suggestion seriously. I am currently on vacation playing through my new PSTEE (having created my very own book of cheats). Also, doing some testing for aquadrizzt for the PowerOfBelief PSTEE mod. Can't say when I will get around to it, but I will not forget it.

I am sorry, iamlenb. I have thought about this seriously, but your suggestions do not fit my conception of the mod nor is it a direction in which I want to go. I am not out to create a world with normal, everyday attributes, but to provide a lynchpin and umbrella for multiple romance, which I think I have accomplished. Barring a serious lightning bolt from my muse, I will be sticking with bug fixes, and minor stuff like all those spelling and grammar errors still floating around in the dialogue. Thank you for your suggestions.

How about cooking some taco for Rjali then and offering it as a gift?

Maybe some system of recipes that can be found in various places through the game. Find the recipes, cook tacos, offer them to Rjali...profit? wub.gif

Nothing seems to fit more as a gift in the story than a good taco. smile.gif

Quote Post
imp
post Aug 6 2017, 10:15 AM
Post #74

Forum Member

Is there a chance to make Rjali mod for original BG2? I've played countless time in BG2 with mods and I did't have any bugs or CTD. With BG2 EE I can't play because of CTD (after some time when romance music starts playing for Jaheira/viconia/aerie game crashes). I've tried couple times to reinstall game and/or most of mods and it's still the same. Another problem is after reinstalling game and Rjali mod in game Rjali has valid name - dialog sentence, for example: I'm glad to hear that, <Charname> ...

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 6 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #75

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(imp @ Aug 6 2017, 06:15 AM) *
Is there a chance to make Rjali mod for original BG2? I've played countless time in BG2 with mods and I did't have any bugs or CTD. With BG2 EE I can't play because of CTD (after some time when romance music starts playing for Jaheira/viconia/aerie game crashes). I've tried couple times to reinstall game and/or most of mods and it's still the same. Another problem is after reinstalling game and Rjali mod in game Rjali has valid name - dialog sentence, for example: I'm glad to hear that, <Charname> ...

I'm sorry, imp. I use NPCs and features in BG2EE that just do not exist in the original BG2. The only mod I have produced that works in both BG2 and BG2EE is Eternal Imoen; it is a relatively minor mod and, even there, special care was needed not to use the BG2EE features. I'm not at all sure I could reproduce all Rjali's goodies in BG2. In any case, I am not up for such a major rewrite. Hell, I am even reluctant to make the necessary conversions for Rjali to run in EET! For $20, you can get BG2EE from Beamdog, and their game client is very user friendly.

This post has been edited by nullset: Aug 6 2017, 01:28 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
imp
post Aug 6 2017, 02:37 PM
Post #76

Forum Member

I've got BG2 EE gog version so it's no a money problem. Only problem is that I've got CTD (crash to desktop) and I'm unable to play the game. As I wrote before I tried reinstal bg2 ee couple times and reinstal/uninstall some mods and the problem still exist. CTD occur when romance music start playing (so it's just before romance talk). At the beginning there wasn't so many crashes so I was able to play couple hours (about 20h - according to gog).

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 6 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #77

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Sorry again, imp. Sounds like a problem with the gog version. Since I have no access to that version, I can't debug it. I also understand there have been issues with the Steam version. These two issuers obviously make changes for there own (proprietary) setups, which are at variance with the Beamdog original. I made and modify my mod to work on the Beamdog engine. Afraid I can't help you with your problem. Those franchises need to stop screwing around, complicating things to secure their client base. Reminds me of Microsoft...

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
imp
post Aug 7 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #78

Forum Member

I doubt that's gog version problem wink.gif. I've uninstalled Banter Pack and problem with crashing is gone.
Do You have idea why after reinstall Rjali mod (and couple others) in game Rjali don't have her name only some kind of sentence (like I wrote above)? Addition to that when I choose her, she don't have any voice.
I've installed all mods normally, without using BWS wink.gif

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 7 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #79

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(imp @ Aug 7 2017, 09:54 AM) *
I doubt that's gog version problem wink.gif . I've uninstalled Banter Pack and problem with crashing is gone.
Do You have idea why after reinstall Rjali mod (and couple others) in game Rjali don't have her name only some kind of sentence (like I wrote above)? Addition to that when I choose her, she don't have any voice.
I've installed all mods normally, without using BWS wink.gif

OK. I believe that the Banter Pack includes bantergoose which is known to cause problems. If Banter Pack offers the option to NOT install bantergoose, you might want to try that. It's not the banter that causes the problem: it's the goose!

Yeah, I used to have that sort of problem with names and things. What usually caused it was the uninstallation of a mod out-of-sequence (something other than the last mod installed) which tends to screw up the dialog.tlk repository. My suggestion here is to do a clean install from scratch and start a new game. I always keep a copy of the initial game install (before any mods) to use as a benchmark for just this purpose. I never know when my ignorance is gonna run me into a dead-end that requires starting all over again. For my usual testing, I make sure that Rjali is the LAST mod installed and, when I make a change, I completely uninstall Rjali, replace the Rjali folder, and do a new install of Rjali; this seems to maintain the dialog.tlk properly.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Seewead
post Aug 7 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #80

Forum Member

@imp: Well, your description of the bug was really rather short and vague. Not easy to understand your problem exactly.

But let me take a wild guess here: You were using the banter pack in a non-english language? Right.

In that case you can find a possible explanation of your problem in the post #7 in the thread "Bug Reports" in this very forum. Let me copy and paste here a bit:

"The reason for the freeze-up of the game was indeed the NPC flirt packs version 1.03 in its german translation (the same goes probably for every non-english language). While that mod has full ee-compatibilty allright, it is not possible to use the non-english translations the mod provides together with the enhanced edition games. Though I am no modder myself, this is what some reading and searching in the web suggests as explanation: The classic BG-games seemed to work with text-strings in the old format "ANSI CP1252", whereas the enhanced editions changed this to the new format "UTF-8" (without BOM). Not changing this format in a mod doesn't seem to pose a problem for the use of the english language, because that still works fine for all latin letters (that are used by the english language). However if any given language needs non-latin letters (e.g.: ß, ä, ü, é, ê and so forth) this freezes the game for good. Same goes for the use of symbols. In any case this bug had nothing to do with the Rjali-Mod."

The same is not only valid for the flirt pack, but - as far as I can see - equally for the banter pack as well. As you can find out, if you want to read this thread ( http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=28840.0 ) in the corresponding forum for the banter pack.

That is the reason why it says in the post #1 of the thread "Compatibility" in this forum:
"C.
Also I would like to urge you to install all mods in english language only, no matter what. Go for foreign language translations only, if you have secured that these truly work with the new file format that was brought to us by the Enhanced Editions! Most of the time it does NOT."

But apparently there is a brand new version 15 (still beta) of the banter pack, that is provided for testing since June 13th 2017, that claims to have remedied the problem. See on the same page for the banter pack ( http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29652.0 ).

Don't know if it works bugfree though. As I said: still beta.

Look, I don't know if that could adress your problem. In any case Nullset was right for sure when he advises you to never reinstall any mod (that way the necessary installation sequence will not be coherent any more - very bad). Go for a clean install instead. Obviously the file "dialog.tlk" in your installation was seriously broken.

Seewead

edit: small spelling error

This post has been edited by Seewead: Aug 7 2017, 05:06 PM

Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 05:58 PM