Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mod/Web Updates
Galactygon
post Sep 5 2004, 08:42 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Mod Developer

9-5-04

Done a great deal of scripting today. I did this for variety, as most people tend to get bored after giving the 100th spell a fix. smile.gif

I modified the WTASIGHT.bcs script file today, which is a script used by many of the creatures. I'll upload it in the workroom ASAP.

I made creatures act more upon their intelligence rather than simply saying "it's a smarter targetting system, etc.". Really, would a gibbering idiot figure out he is in a cloudkill? No. smile.gif

This will give way to more realistic combat, where ogres are the big brutes who think little, but it will be harder to fight against the sly baatezu.

BTW: Can someone do me a large favour? Can someone give me a list of the names of internal doors, but indicate whether or not the door requires a specific key to open or is a game-breaker? Thanks to whoever completes the favour for me. smile.gif

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Sep 5 2004, 08:48 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 11 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Mod Developer

10-11-04

Aside from those beta packs I made these past weeks, there was little much else going on.

However, I have nearly finished coding the spell, Seven Eyes, and it was quite a monster to code. It was, in fact, harder to code than the spell, Prismatic Sphere. I think it works better than what the Black Isle team did in the Icewind Dale series.

However, I haven't completely finished it yet. I have to code each poisonous item, for example, to remove the eye of venom. I figured this could only be done in WeiDU, since it would be quite cool to have mod items dispel a part of the 'Seven Eyes' spell.

Now, I would certainly appreciate WeiDU assistance from any WeiDU guru out there; it has to do with modifying a part of the items' extension header. I would certainly have the gratitude of someone who can undertake this task for me. I'll give any details to those who volunteer.

For those who are curious, here is a test run as proof of what is possible:-Galactygon

[EDIT] Some links are still faulty. Give me a few hours and I'll fix them.

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Oct 12 2004, 07:53 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Echon
post Oct 12 2004, 08:27 AM
Post #43

Forum Member

The last four screen shots are the same and the one with magic missile has a lightning bolt instead. By the way, it is called expend and not expand. Other than that, nice work. Must have taken quite some time.

-Echon

--------------------

Quote Post
T.G.Maestro
post Oct 12 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #44

Forum Member

Also, it'd be nice if the spell would have at least one unique string in case the mage chooses to expend an eye's power for offensive use. The current "the eye absorbs the effect and disappears" line is very unfitting.

--------------------
BG2 ToB Refinements

Go and download it from the website:
BG2 ToB Refinements

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 12 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I was aware of the faulty strings and such from th start, but didn't bother to make corrections until I have a rouch version working (the screenshots are really my second run). However, as time progresses, they will be corrected.

Not everything in Seven-eyes can be implemented; rather than blocking the next physical attack for the eye of the sword, I made it block all attacks, and the next point blank attack or melee attack cancels the orb.

It was also late at night when I typed the above topic (man, I never have any time before the evening on weekdays), so forgive me for any spelling errors I commited (and still do).

*corrects the above post*

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Oct 12 2004, 06:00 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 12 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Links are now corrected to their screenshots. You should note that I copied + pasted several strings from IWD, so I still have the Eye of Fortitude string instead of the Eye of Artifice (they weren't able to implement the stuff I can; even with the decompiled .exe at their hands!).

10-12-04

I have backed my work up in 4 different places (I do it on a regular monthly basis).

One of them is backed up on my laptop, the other one on a different harddrive on the same computer, the initial one I am working on, one on a CD, and one on the BW server. There is simply no possible way my work can be lost, as opposed to the foolish mistakes I committed a year ago.

After Seven-Eyes, I will be making the 'Resist elementXYZ' spells that also grant saving throw bonuses to specific types of damage (I was able to code some of that, so I know it is possible to implement).

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
igi
post Oct 12 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #47

IESDP Guardian

Forum Member

You should note that I copied + pasted several strings from IWD, so I still have the Eye of Fortitude string instead of the Eye of Artifice (they weren't able to implement the stuff I can; even with the decompiled .exe at their hands!).

I can practically guarentee then could implement absolutely anything they wanted.

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 12 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(igi @ Oct 12 2004, 08:49 PM)
I can practically guarentee then could implement absolutely anything they wanted.

With all the bosses and managers behind their backs making stuff get cut? tongue.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
igi
post Oct 12 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #49

IESDP Guardian

Forum Member

Then it's not a case of not being able to implement, but more a case of not having time to implement. If so, it's nothing to comment on, seeing as you *dont* have bosses and managers on your back...

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 13 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Sure.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
NiGHTMARE
post Oct 13 2004, 12:56 PM
Post #51

Forum Member

QUOTE(igi @ Oct 12 2004, 10:46 PM)
If so, it's nothing to comment on, seeing as you *dont* have bosses and managers on your back...

*Cracks whip*

Oh no? tongue.gif

Quote Post
T.G.Maestro
post Oct 18 2004, 07:37 AM
Post #52

Forum Member

(they weren't able to implement the stuff I can; even with the decompiled .exe at their hands!).
Then it's not a case of not being able to implement, but more a case of not having time to implement. If so, it's nothing to comment on, seeing as you *dont* have bosses and managers on your back...

The occasional and so-called rise and fall of Ego... wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------
BG2 ToB Refinements

BG2 ToB Refinements

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 18 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Mod Developer

10-?-04

Done Power Word Kill and Death Spell. Death Spell kills creatures within a 30-foot radius that each have less than 8HD, and the total Hit Dice killed in this manner is 8D6. I might change it if it's not really balancing.

Power Word Kill causes death among creatures with less than 60 current hit points within a 15-foot radius; the total amount of hit points affected is 120. So for example, 4 creatures with less than 31 hit points each can be killed this way.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
T.G.Maestro
post Oct 19 2004, 07:05 AM
Post #54

Forum Member

I suggest assigning a smaller area of effect for PwK. 15' can be quite large, 8-10' would be more than enough.

--------------------
BG2 ToB Refinements

BG2 ToB Refinements

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 19 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Mod Developer

10-foot radius and 15-foot radius don't make much of a difference. However, the 10-foot radius one causes a few coding issues, so 15-foot radius is the most ideal solution, in this case.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
T.G.Maestro
post Oct 20 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #56

Forum Member

10-foot radius and 15-foot radius don't make much of a difference

Actually, it does when it comes to instant death effects. wink.gif

--------------------
BG2 ToB Refinements

BG2 ToB Refinements

Quote Post
Echon
post Oct 20 2004, 10:16 AM
Post #57

Forum Member

I suggest keeping the 15-feet radius it is meant to have.

-Echon

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Oct 20 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I realized 8D6 Hit Dice is a bit too little against the 9th level Amnish guards (do they go adventuring?), and the 5th-level commoners. smile.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Nov 7 2004, 01:47 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

Mod Developer

11-6(or 7)-04

For the past 2 weeks, I had tough weeks, so I didn't mod as much as usual. And I had to take a modding break anyways.

However, I have done something in the meanwhile; I have reworked some of the icons that show up in the spellbook/priest scroll to fit nicely, and not look like a couple of icons were just "thrown on there". Expect a screenshot within the next few days of what might look like in a spellbook/priest scroll.

I have also worked a bit on improving various parts of the PnP celestials mod; which I will do for the next few weeks (or until I am satisfied with the outcome).

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Nov 7 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Mod Developer

11-7-04

Done a large spell revamp for the PnP celestials mod; the results are quite staggering.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 07:29 AM