The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Herb Mod typos
Arkenor
post Dec 1 2004, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

Emanuel is a strange chap. First person I met in Waukeen's Promenade, and he exploded sad.gif There's quite a bit of odd grammar in his dialogue, but the bit that could do with being fixed most is:

Do you want to comit a suicide?
(StrRef:114439)

Should probably be something like "Do you wish to commit suidice?"
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Baronius
post Dec 1 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Thanks for the feedback, if you see other mistakes, please don't hesitate to tell it. wink.gif They all will be fixed, including your current correction, in the next release of the mod.

I don't understand the end of your correction though, you say "suidice" there. I thought it was "suicide"... am I wrong?

Emanuel is a strange chap. First person I met in Waukeen's Promenade, and he exploded
Wasn't the reason of his death unambigious, by the way?

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Dec 2 2004, 06:41 AM
Post #3

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

haha bar. another typo smile.gif it is..........."Do you wish to commit suicide"

--------------------

Quote Post
Arkenor
post Dec 2 2004, 07:58 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

It's the law. When on the internet, any time you correct someone elses spelling or grammar you have to make a mistake of your own.

I'll go hang my head in shame somewhere now.

And yes, "Do you wish to commit suicide?".

His death was somewhat ambiguous, as I'm not entirely sure what he did to himself. Did he have a barrel of smokepowder tied to himself? As normal dying isn't enough to stop yourself coming back as a vampire. And then the vampire essence apeared, and it was daytime, and I was still pretty confused.

As someone has said elsewhere, it would be great if you got the herbs one at a time from different places. Couldn't you just Weidu them in to currently existing NPC's inventories, if you don't want to make new encounters?

This post has been edited by Arkenor: Dec 2 2004, 08:03 AM

Quote Post
jastey
post Dec 2 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #5

Forum Member

Hi Arkenor,
blink.gif You mean I would have to kill all NPCs to see whether they have some herbs?...
Well, at least it would be different than to add them to stores. I already had a discussion with Baronius about that. grinteeth.gif

I'll go hang my head in shame somewhere now.
Well, I'll come with you. I didn't spot your spelling mistake when I first read your post. tongue.gif

Quote Post
Baronius
post Dec 2 2004, 01:18 PM
Post #6

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Arkenor, yes it's Vampire Essence in daylight, in fact Weak Vampire Essence but these creatures can resist daylight for some hours, as their body isn't entirely material. wink.gif

Yes originally I wanted to distribute the herbs in the game, but for various reasons I finished the mod in this way.
By the way, the Herbs mod will probably be changed by jastey and integrated to BG1 Quest Pack. smile.gif

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2024 - 09:24 PM