Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SLIGHTLY OUTDATED] New subtitle for Ep2, screenshots
Baronius
post Feb 8 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

The subtitle of Episode II has changed. It is now called Bitter Souls, instead of Black Superstitions.
I've been working a lot on the mod recently, but I don't want to write a progress report for the time being. I've posted some screenshots instead.
If you have any question or comment, please don't hesitate to post it here! However, I'll not answer a question if it may reveal something that shouldn't be revealed (i.e. it would be a spoiler). wink.gif

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Bill Bisco
post Feb 9 2006, 04:14 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Alright you said don't hesitate, so here is my question. Is it coming out for BG first and if so, when will we be able to play this wondeful mod on BGT?

Looks great by the way. Look forward to it.

Quote Post
Salk
post Feb 9 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

I am also looking forward to it, Baronius! The screenshoots are very nice! I was wondering if you would not mind write something similar to aigleborgne, that is:

Area Graphics: xx%
Dialogues: xx%

and all the other parameters you work on so that people might nicely see your creature grow under their eyes.

Some sort of constant update using percentage...If it's not too much of pain in the ass for you, of course! wub.gif

Quote Post
Baronius
post Feb 9 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #4

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Thanks for your compliments, and questions. smile.gif

The mod will be playable on any game conversions it will be made compatible with. I will release the BG version first, and then the BGTutu one, or both of them at the same time, I don't know yet. The BGTutu conversion will be coordinated (and probably mostly made) by me, once it's done I don't think that the BGT conversion would be too hard for someone with proper skills. If Ascension64 offers to make the BGT conversion of Episode II as well, I'm sure that the mod will work without any problem on the BGT-WeiDU engine conversion as well.

Progress percentages? smile.gif I could say, I'm not working on the mod continuously, rather periodically (with varying period length!). When I've time, I can work on it a lot, then there is no progress for e.g. 6 months... so the progress percentages would change only very rarely. But here you are, some estimations about the current status!
Main plot: 98%
Story details: 49%
Subquests: 44%
Dialogues: 48%
Creatures: 75%
New items: 20%
Area graphics: 100%
Finished areas: 70%
------------------------
Overall status: ~45%

Note: these are not final values, obviously. They just reflect the current, momental status. For example, what if I decide to rewrite the whole story just before the release of the mod tongue.gif A more likely example may be a new area I decide to add meanwhile, and it requires area graphics, then we can say that I was wrong with the 100% area graphics. However, at the moment, it seems that I've all area graphics required for the areas I'll make.
The overall status percentage is also not the average of the percentages, obviously. Partly because the specific percentages don't count with the same weight, and also because these are estimations, rough estimations. smile.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Salk
post Feb 9 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #5

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Thank you very much, Baronius! smile.gif

Quote Post
Andyr
post Feb 9 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #6

A fool and a knave

Forum Member

Looks nice, Baronius. smile.gif

--------------------
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods.

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

Quote Post
Ghreyfain
post Feb 10 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #7

Forum Member

I would like to point out in as inoffensive a way as possible that the acronym for episode two is BS, and there's already a group called BS Mods, so it might be confusing in that there's to be a BS Mod, too. Not to mention that even if there weren't, BS is an acronym for a rather... indelicate term in english.

So there you have it. A little advice from the guy that came up with the name "Tutu". Take that as you will. rolleyes.gif

Aside from all that, the screenshots are very nice. Is that little girl standing in water as she's telling us about how warm it is? It's a bit hard to tell, although it might be different in-game, if it moves and such.

Quote Post
Baronius
post Feb 10 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Thanks for your remarks and compliments.

Ghreyfain: I was aware of the problem you mentioned, not because of BlackSheep mods, but because of the other thing you refer to. However, the acronym of the original title, Black Superstitions, was the same. But I could not find a title that would better express what I want (I and those who gave me ideas tried many combinations of Bitter, Embittered, Twisted, Shattered as well as Souls, Shades, Apparitions, Spirits). You are very right, this can be called a bs mod, as well as a BS mod. Neither are too lucky, I know, but I don't think this is so important. Especially because the first episode is also usually referred to as "GCE1","TGCE1" and such, instead of In Candlelight.

The girl is standing in shallow water (its surface is not moving, but it gives a plashing sound when you move in it).

--------------------

Quote Post
worrow
post Feb 10 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #9

Forum Member

Can't wait. Just love every BG1 Quest mod:)

Quote Post
Western Paladin
post Feb 12 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #10

Forum Member

Looks great! I really liked Episode One and I can't wait to find out more about the Grey Clan's world.

Quote Post
Jab
post Feb 12 2006, 12:23 PM
Post #11

Contributor

Baronius: It's more than nice. I'm really impressed. smile.gif
Just one advice - these buildings could be darker. wink.gif

Quote Post
Eirinjas
post Aug 2 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #12

Forum Member

Can't wait to play it!

Quote Post
sir thaddeus
post Jul 16 2007, 03:30 AM
Post #13

Forum Member

Its been a long time since a post for this project has been made, but is this mod dead?
whats the status if it isn't?

thanks

Quote Post
Baronius
post Jul 16 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #14

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Fortunately, it isn't dead. It gets delayed even more, but good news that it will include more new area art than originally planned. The story and main quest are 100% finished, but many design and implementation tasks are left, and certain resources are unavailable, so I've changed my schedule in terms of this mod (I'll probably work less on it in the near future than I planned earlier). These cause big delay in the release (which means that February 2008 is the earliest date that I can imagine).

[EDIT] "near past" -> "near future" angry.gif

This post has been edited by Baronius: Jul 16 2007, 08:37 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
melkor_morgoth75
post Jul 16 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #15

Contributor

Keep it up Baronius, you rock! ;-)

mm75

Quote Post
Baronius
post Jul 16 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #16

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Thanks, I'll do my best! Good to see there is still interest.

--------------------

Quote Post
SirChet
post Jul 29 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #17

Forum Member

Baronius:

I'm glad to see GCEII is still alive and moving forward.

Chet

--------------------
Help is good when asked for,
better when needed.

Quote Post
Baronius
post Jul 29 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #18

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Nice to see you here, Chet!

Yeah, GCE2 will be released. Maybe after one year from now, but the content will compensate for the delay. (It will be much longer than GCE1, with a brand-new village.)

--------------------

Quote Post
SirChet
post Jul 30 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #19

Forum Member

Baronius:

It's good to be seen. tongue.gif
I've been visiting from time to time without signing in, Lurking. laugh.gif I've been pretty busy with chptr2 of a NWN2 mod some friends and I have been working on. I don't have the skills to mod BG or BG2, so the other is a good outlet, he he he.

I just played TOD and it was very nice, I liked that the author gave you credit, so I figured it was worth a look.

Let me know if you need testing or other low skill help.

Chet

--------------------
Help is good when asked for,
better when needed.

Quote Post
Baronius
post Jul 30 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #20

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Let me know if you need testing or other low skill help.
Sure I will!

I just played TOD and it was very nice, I liked that the author gave you credit, so I figured it was worth a look.

You are too kind! I was just a tester and a general advisor in certain minor issues, as far as my time allowed it. Glad you liked the mod, Valiant is a real talent and graphics expert.

--------------------

Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2024 - 05:08 AM