2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jini Romance, the latest readme
nullset
post Mar 11 2017, 03:30 AM
Post #1

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Jini NPNPC mod is a romance add-on for the game Baldur's Gate Extended Edition, with the Siege of Dragonspear expansion pack. This is the prequel to the BG2EE Rjali mod.

Jini is the Djinni in the lamp which is given to you by the young Rjali if you are male and non-evil. Although she cannot join your party, a romance will ensue. Jini provides various services in addition to her campanionship.

The Jini mod also introduces Fay, a Will-O-The-Wisp who will tag along with you as a sort-of-familiar. Fay will romance you as best she can, being so small and all. Neither she nor Jini has any problem with this arrangement.

This is the latest readme. It might be posted in advance of the relevant download becoming available.

Here is the download for the latest version: http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/mods...oad.php?mod=393

Currently, the latest version is v3.2.

As of v1.6, the Jini mod is MAC OS X capable.
As of v3.0, the Jini mod is EET compatable.
As of v3.1, the Jini mod is available in Russian.

This post has been edited by nullset: Dec 15 2021, 06:57 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Readme_Jini.txt ( 18.46k ) Number of downloads: 16

--------------------
nullset
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
nullset
post Mar 11 2017, 03:37 AM
Post #2

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Be it noted that I will be busy as a beaver working on Rjali v8.0, in which Fay will be added. There will also be adjustments in Rjali to reflect events in Jini.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Jul 7 2017, 04:16 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

I just added this mod and I have noticed a problem. I am using BGEEV2.3+SoD
When I start a new game and hit begin it goes to a black screen with nothing but the sounds of CKeep in the background. I have to shut the game down. It seems to work if I start a new game without the mod., save it, turn off the game and add the mod back it. The two people show up beside me and start the conversation. Any idea why this may happen?

EDIT: Is the lamp supposed to show up in inventory or just be recognized as there (it does not appear in inventory even though "party gained an item")?

This post has been edited by Zaghoul: Jul 7 2017, 04:50 PM

--------------------
“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Jul 9 2017, 02:52 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

Rjali has been showing up (3x so far) but no Jini. Just checking to see if this is normal or if not having the lamp show up in inventory is not allowing her to show.

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 9 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #5

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Zaghoul @ Jul 8 2017, 10:52 PM) *
Rjali has been showing up (3x so far) but no Jini. Just checking to see if this is normal or if not having the lamp show up in inventory is not allowing her to show.

News to me. What is supposed to happen with Jini v1.3 is that Rjali gives you the lamp which AUTOMATICALLY is placed in a quick slot. Now the lamp has an action (calling Jini), and you need to click on it in the quick slot at bottom of your screen; until you do this, you are not going to progress with Jini. After introducing yourself, dialogue will show up at timed intervals.

Don't know what happened to your install. I do all my work and testing on the Beamdog Client. If you are using some other vehicle (Steam, for instance) there might be issues there, but I have no way of checking them. Did you check the Jini debug log for your install? Were there any obvious problems with your install?

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Jul 9 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #6

Forum Member

My versions are all direct from Beamdog. I suppose it is possible it is reacting to some other mod I have. It said it installed successfully. The debug file looked about normal far as I can make out but I attached it as you might see something I don't. I have never had a mod cause the starting screen to go blank and crash the game like this so it is puzzling. When I uninstall this mod things return to normal.

EDIT: Basically, after creating a character, and tapping 'Venture Forth' it goes black. It also skips the whole Ckeep in blacklight prologue/picture that starts 'Nestled atop the cliffs...'

This post has been edited by Zaghoul: Jul 9 2017, 04:28 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  jinedebug.txt ( 37.55k ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 10 2017, 12:55 PM
Post #7

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Your install log looks fine, Zaghoul. As a final test, I downloaded the BWL Jini mod and reinstalled it. (Actually, I uninstalled my own copy and installed the download copy, in case there were issues with the BWL version.) I started a new game, and everything went just fine. I cannot replicate your problem and, therefore, have no way of debugging it. You certainly should be getting the "Nestled atop the cliffs..." intro. The problem could be a mod conflict. Let me know if you discover which one, and I will try to create a fix.

My environment includes: BG2_Tweaks v16; BG1 Unfinished Business v14; Neera Expansion v1.1; BG1 NPC Project v21; and, of course, the Jini mod v1.3. I attach a copy of my WeiDU log, in case the various options selected are important.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Jul 10 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

Thanks for checking, I have those modes and quite a few more so that may be the problem. If I do figure it out I will let you know. Regardless, I'll try the BG2 mod when the time comes. smile.gif

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 15 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #9

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

@Zaghoul Got that fix from rashkae and just issued v1.5 with it incorporated. Props to my users for being smarter than I am!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Jul 16 2017, 04:31 AM
Post #10

Forum Member

Glad you got it. thumb.gif The download for 1.5 is not up yet but I think I should be ok with 1.4 and the new fix as it seems to be working.

EDIT: V1.4 is working fine with the fix.
I am enjoying this mod quite a bit, and is quite different as you mentioned. It will be a welcome addition to my standard set up now I believe.

This post has been edited by Zaghoul: Jul 16 2017, 07:09 PM

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Sep 3 2017, 07:43 AM
Post #11

Forum Member

I enjoyed this and am looking forward to BG2 eventually.
smile.gif
The journal does not get updated when it says that it is. The message appear in the dialogue boxes fine, but not in the permanent journal. Not a big deal but just wanted to make note of it.

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
nullset
post Sep 10 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #12

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Zaghoul @ Sep 3 2017, 03:43 AM) *
I enjoyed this and am looking forward to BG2 eventually.
smile.gif
The journal does not get updated when it says that it is. The message appear in the dialogue boxes fine, but not in the permanent journal. Not a big deal but just wanted to make note of it.

Was that one or all journal entries? Please note that I do not post to the quest portions of the journal, but only the info section. I'll have a look,but a little more specific info would be helpful. Thanx.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Sep 21 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #13

Forum Member

I have not seen them (none) recorded in the quest or journal sections. They just show up briefly in the on screen pop up boxes.

This post has been edited by Zaghoul: Sep 23 2017, 07:05 AM

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
Zaghoul
post Jan 25 2018, 08:16 AM
Post #14

Forum Member

I would suggest a weight change to the lamp. 10 lbs is mighty high for a little brass lamp and for lower strength characters in particular just about makes it impossible to move with much else at all.

--------------------
― H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 29 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #15

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

@Zaghoul I know that BG2EE had a journal problem which was fixed by v2.5. I have changed the lamp weight as you suggested. I am about to release Jini v2.2 to fix an install bug.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
KronoKinesis
post Oct 2 2018, 08:26 AM
Post #16

Forum Member

This may be a dumb question but I have to ask as I can't find any official documentation on the matter - does installation order regarding the other mods this interacts with make a difference? It certaintly does for Rjali so I would imagine it does for Jini, but the Rjali readme is very specific about it and the Jini readme says nothing about install order. Should this be installed after BG1NPC and Sirene if those are being used or will it make a difference?

Quote Post
nullset
post Oct 14 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #17

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Oct 2 2018, 04:26 AM) *
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask as I can't find any official documentation on the matter - does installation order regarding the other mods this interacts with make a difference? It certaintly does for Rjali so I would imagine it does for Jini, but the Rjali readme is very specific about it and the Jini readme says nothing about install order. Should this be installed after BG1NPC and Sirene if those are being used or will it make a difference?

Quite right. I didn't think of putting that caveat into Jini because, while my mod does interact with other romance mods and prevents breakups because of romance overlaps, it is relatively minor in Jini since the other romances don't really go very far, whereas Jini and Fay... I'm coming out with a minor update soon, and will include some verbiage on that issue.

Thanx for pointing that out. Gettin' old here and the brain cells are dying!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
KronoKinesis
post Dec 23 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #18

Forum Member

I have a question that I havn't been able to find an answer for yet, forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Does Jini (and Rjali while I'm at it) remove romance requirements as well as allowing concurrent romances? For example, can my lawful neutral character romance Sharteel? Or am I still limited by race/alignment/etc?

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 24 2020, 01:44 PM
Post #19

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Dec 23 2019, 03:42 PM) *
I have a question that I havn't been able to find an answer for yet, forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Does Jini (and Rjali while I'm at it) remove romance requirements as well as allowing concurrent romances? For example, can my lawful neutral character romance Sharteel? Or am I still limited by race/alignment/etc?

You know, I never thought to do that. I guess I just wasn't as invested in BGEE romance as in BG2EE with the Rjali mod. If you need this, I will put on my list for future development.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 24 2020, 01:46 PM
Post #20

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Meanwhile, I found an install bug in v2.4. I forgot to clear out the backup folder, and this will adversely impact the install. I am in process of putting up v2.5 which does little else but does remedy the install problem.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2024 - 02:17 PM