Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jini Romance
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate, BG1Tutu, BG Trilogy > Jini Romance
nullset
Jini NPNPC mod is a romance add-on for the game Baldur's Gate Extended Edition, with the Siege of Dragonspear expansion pack. This is the prequel to the BG2EE Rjali mod.

Jini is the Djinni in the lamp which is given to you by the young Rjali if you are male and non-evil. Although she cannot join your party, a romance will ensue. Jini provides various services in addition to her campanionship.

The Jini mod also introduces Fay, a Will-O-The-Wisp who will tag along with you as a sort-of-familiar. Fay will romance you as best she can, being so small and all. Neither she nor Jini has any problem with this arrangement.

This is the latest readme. It might be posted in advance of the relevant download becoming available.

Here is the download for the latest version: http://dragonshoard.blackwyrmlair.net/mods...oad.php?mod=393

Currently, the latest version is v3.2.

As of v1.6, the Jini mod is MAC OS X capable.
As of v3.0, the Jini mod is EET compatable.
As of v3.1, the Jini mod is available in Russian.
nullset
Be it noted that I will be busy as a beaver working on Rjali v8.0, in which Fay will be added. There will also be adjustments in Rjali to reflect events in Jini.
Zaghoul
I just added this mod and I have noticed a problem. I am using BGEEV2.3+SoD
When I start a new game and hit begin it goes to a black screen with nothing but the sounds of CKeep in the background. I have to shut the game down. It seems to work if I start a new game without the mod., save it, turn off the game and add the mod back it. The two people show up beside me and start the conversation. Any idea why this may happen?

EDIT: Is the lamp supposed to show up in inventory or just be recognized as there (it does not appear in inventory even though "party gained an item")?
Zaghoul
Rjali has been showing up (3x so far) but no Jini. Just checking to see if this is normal or if not having the lamp show up in inventory is not allowing her to show.
nullset
QUOTE(Zaghoul @ Jul 8 2017, 10:52 PM) *
Rjali has been showing up (3x so far) but no Jini. Just checking to see if this is normal or if not having the lamp show up in inventory is not allowing her to show.

News to me. What is supposed to happen with Jini v1.3 is that Rjali gives you the lamp which AUTOMATICALLY is placed in a quick slot. Now the lamp has an action (calling Jini), and you need to click on it in the quick slot at bottom of your screen; until you do this, you are not going to progress with Jini. After introducing yourself, dialogue will show up at timed intervals.

Don't know what happened to your install. I do all my work and testing on the Beamdog Client. If you are using some other vehicle (Steam, for instance) there might be issues there, but I have no way of checking them. Did you check the Jini debug log for your install? Were there any obvious problems with your install?
Zaghoul
My versions are all direct from Beamdog. I suppose it is possible it is reacting to some other mod I have. It said it installed successfully. The debug file looked about normal far as I can make out but I attached it as you might see something I don't. I have never had a mod cause the starting screen to go blank and crash the game like this so it is puzzling. When I uninstall this mod things return to normal.

EDIT: Basically, after creating a character, and tapping 'Venture Forth' it goes black. It also skips the whole Ckeep in blacklight prologue/picture that starts 'Nestled atop the cliffs...'
nullset
Your install log looks fine, Zaghoul. As a final test, I downloaded the BWL Jini mod and reinstalled it. (Actually, I uninstalled my own copy and installed the download copy, in case there were issues with the BWL version.) I started a new game, and everything went just fine. I cannot replicate your problem and, therefore, have no way of debugging it. You certainly should be getting the "Nestled atop the cliffs..." intro. The problem could be a mod conflict. Let me know if you discover which one, and I will try to create a fix.

My environment includes: BG2_Tweaks v16; BG1 Unfinished Business v14; Neera Expansion v1.1; BG1 NPC Project v21; and, of course, the Jini mod v1.3. I attach a copy of my WeiDU log, in case the various options selected are important.
Zaghoul
Thanks for checking, I have those modes and quite a few more so that may be the problem. If I do figure it out I will let you know. Regardless, I'll try the BG2 mod when the time comes. smile.gif
nullset
@Zaghoul Got that fix from rashkae and just issued v1.5 with it incorporated. Props to my users for being smarter than I am!
Zaghoul
Glad you got it. thumb.gif The download for 1.5 is not up yet but I think I should be ok with 1.4 and the new fix as it seems to be working.

EDIT: V1.4 is working fine with the fix.
I am enjoying this mod quite a bit, and is quite different as you mentioned. It will be a welcome addition to my standard set up now I believe.
Zaghoul
I enjoyed this and am looking forward to BG2 eventually.
smile.gif
The journal does not get updated when it says that it is. The message appear in the dialogue boxes fine, but not in the permanent journal. Not a big deal but just wanted to make note of it.
nullset
QUOTE(Zaghoul @ Sep 3 2017, 03:43 AM) *
I enjoyed this and am looking forward to BG2 eventually.
smile.gif
The journal does not get updated when it says that it is. The message appear in the dialogue boxes fine, but not in the permanent journal. Not a big deal but just wanted to make note of it.

Was that one or all journal entries? Please note that I do not post to the quest portions of the journal, but only the info section. I'll have a look,but a little more specific info would be helpful. Thanx.
Zaghoul
I have not seen them (none) recorded in the quest or journal sections. They just show up briefly in the on screen pop up boxes.
Zaghoul
I would suggest a weight change to the lamp. 10 lbs is mighty high for a little brass lamp and for lower strength characters in particular just about makes it impossible to move with much else at all.
nullset
@Zaghoul I know that BG2EE had a journal problem which was fixed by v2.5. I have changed the lamp weight as you suggested. I am about to release Jini v2.2 to fix an install bug.
KronoKinesis
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask as I can't find any official documentation on the matter - does installation order regarding the other mods this interacts with make a difference? It certaintly does for Rjali so I would imagine it does for Jini, but the Rjali readme is very specific about it and the Jini readme says nothing about install order. Should this be installed after BG1NPC and Sirene if those are being used or will it make a difference?
nullset
QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Oct 2 2018, 04:26 AM) *
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask as I can't find any official documentation on the matter - does installation order regarding the other mods this interacts with make a difference? It certaintly does for Rjali so I would imagine it does for Jini, but the Rjali readme is very specific about it and the Jini readme says nothing about install order. Should this be installed after BG1NPC and Sirene if those are being used or will it make a difference?

Quite right. I didn't think of putting that caveat into Jini because, while my mod does interact with other romance mods and prevents breakups because of romance overlaps, it is relatively minor in Jini since the other romances don't really go very far, whereas Jini and Fay... I'm coming out with a minor update soon, and will include some verbiage on that issue.

Thanx for pointing that out. Gettin' old here and the brain cells are dying!
KronoKinesis
I have a question that I havn't been able to find an answer for yet, forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Does Jini (and Rjali while I'm at it) remove romance requirements as well as allowing concurrent romances? For example, can my lawful neutral character romance Sharteel? Or am I still limited by race/alignment/etc?
nullset
QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Dec 23 2019, 03:42 PM) *
I have a question that I havn't been able to find an answer for yet, forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Does Jini (and Rjali while I'm at it) remove romance requirements as well as allowing concurrent romances? For example, can my lawful neutral character romance Sharteel? Or am I still limited by race/alignment/etc?

You know, I never thought to do that. I guess I just wasn't as invested in BGEE romance as in BG2EE with the Rjali mod. If you need this, I will put on my list for future development.
nullset
Meanwhile, I found an install bug in v2.4. I forgot to clear out the backup folder, and this will adversely impact the install. I am in process of putting up v2.5 which does little else but does remedy the install problem.
MeToLee
helloo. I downloaded this mod because its multiple romance part especially interests me for bgee and sod. I dont have anything against mod romances dont get me wrong its because I like to play as female protagonist (I blame Lara Croft for that she was my childhood hero. Guess what I name my character? HOW DID YOU KNOW IT WAS LARA?!) and your mod says if my character is female I shouldnt even bother to install it biggrin.gif So I have some questions as you can imagine smile.gif does multiple romance also removes restrictions as gender/race etc? if not can it be implemented?
nullset
QUOTE(MeToLee @ Feb 14 2020, 03:59 AM) *
helloo. I downloaded this mod because its multiple romance part especially interests me for bgee and sod. I dont have anything against mod romances dont get me wrong its because I like to play as female protagonist (I blame Lara Croft for that she was my childhood hero. Guess what I name my character? HOW DID YOU KNOW IT WAS LARA?!) and your mod says if my character is female I shouldnt even bother to install it biggrin.gif So I have some questions as you can imagine smile.gif does multiple romance also removes restrictions as gender/race etc? if not can it be implemented?

Sorry about that, Lee, but the Jini mod does NOT remove restrictions on gender. So that you can understand, Jini is a prequel to the BG2EE Rjali mod which is seriously male/heterosexual protagonist. As a solo modder, I just was not capable of handling all the variables to make Rjali otherwise. Jini came after Rjali, and was intended as lead up to Rjali, so the protagonist was required to be male. This was NOT intended as a slight on non-male/non-heterosexual persons; it is just a sign of my own limitations and proclivities. As I have stated elsewhere, anyone is free to make their own mod to suit their own fancies/talents, and stealing my code is most definitely allowed. I would only request that they change the RJ prefixing which I have registered in the Community Filename Prefix Reservations at http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=113
MeToLee
QUOTE(nullset @ Feb 14 2020, 12:48 PM) *
QUOTE(MeToLee @ Feb 14 2020, 03:59 AM) *

Sorry about that, Lee, but the Jini mod does NOT remove restrictions on gender. So that you can understand, Jini is a prequel to the BG2EE Rjali mod which is seriously male/heterosexual protagonist. As a solo modder, I just was not capable of handling all the variables to make Rjali otherwise. Jini came after Rjali, and was intended as lead up to Rjali, so the protagonist was required to be male. This was NOT intended as a slight on non-male/non-heterosexual persons; it is just a sign of my own limitations and proclivities. As I have stated elsewhere, anyone is free to make their own mod to suit their own fancies/talents, and stealing my code is most definitely allowed. I would only request that they change the RJ prefixing which I have registered in the Community Filename Prefix Reservations at http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=113

Oh dont worry about it this is still a great mod and closest thing to I was looking for as in "multiple romances". I dont play often when I do I like to see everything you know. I was just askin about the other npcs restrictions like neera rashaad etc not the modded one. I wasnt asking yout to change something drastically sorry if it seemed so. The fact is you made this all on your own is also incredible. You have my respects. and thanks for the quick reply. I installed your mod but I'm already in Neshkel (didnt do anything just rushed there so Monteron Xzar and Jaheria Khalid wont start complaining) since my protagonist choice is a female one do you think I should start again?
nullset
QUOTE(MeToLee @ Feb 14 2020, 09:48 AM) *
Oh dont worry about it this is still a great mod and closest thing to I was looking for as in "multiple romances". I dont play often when I do I like to see everything you know. I was just askin about the other npcs restrictions like neera rashaad etc not the modded one. I wasnt asking yout to change something drastically sorry if it seemed so. The fact is you made this all on your own is also incredible. You have my respects. and thanks for the quick reply. I installed your mod but I'm already in Neshkel (didnt do anything just rushed there so Monteron Xzar and Jaheria Khalid wont start complaining) since my protagonist choice is a female one do you think I should start again?

Dunno. This is an interesting experiment. If you restart, you won't get the lamp because you aren't male, and Jini is in the lamp, so you shouldn't have any interactions with Jini unless I screwed up somewhere. You might have Rjali shadowing you, but I'm not even sure of that. What I do know is that the multiple romance feature excludes all but male PC/female romances, which doesn't sound like what you want.

If you don't restart, you will never have met Rjali, and that should block dialogue paths.

Probably the main reason I warned against playing with other than a male is that I have tested for nothing else. Afraid you're on your own here, Lee.
KronoKinesis
QUOTE(nullset @ Jan 24 2020, 05:44 AM) *
QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Dec 23 2019, 03:42 PM) *

You know, I never thought to do that. I guess I just wasn't as invested in BGEE romance as in BG2EE with the Rjali mod. If you need this, I will put on my list for future development.

I would appreciate it - some of the romances are locked from each other by alignment, preventing certain party setups from having concurrent romances.
nullset
QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Mar 4 2020, 12:58 PM) *
I would appreciate it - some of the romances are locked from each other by alignment, preventing certain party setups from having concurrent romances.

I will look into it. I have an update coming out as soon as I can get all the testing in. Actually, Jini, Rjali, AND PSTEE will be updated at the same time. Figure a couple of months.

Sorry I didn't spend more thought on the BGEE mod. This sort of thing is standard in Rjali: eg. Petsy does NOT require you to be a little person. I won't put quite as much into Jini because the romances are more basic, and multiple romance is accomplished by a firewall, but I can easily remove superfluous requirements.
nullset
@KronoKinesis OK. I looked into it, and I am afraid I can't do much for you on the Sharteel thing. The romance is set up by BG1NPC mod, and she really needs you to be no better than neutral or, better yet, evil. This is the opposite of the other romances (with the exception of Viconia, who will swing either way). I HAVE prevented other romances from interfering with Sharteel (that firewall I mentioned), but Sharteel would require a complete rewrite to make it possible for her to romance the same character as others will. It isn't a romance conflict; it is a real conflict of values. Not gonna mess with it! Sorry. For your review, here is the description from the BG1NPC documentation:

BBGG11NNPPCCRROOMMAANNCCEEGGUUIIDDEESHAR-TEEL’S ROMANCE ™ Author of the Texts Cliffette, Domi, Kish ™ Coder: Domi ™ General Notes: Shar-Teel’s Romance was written with a relatively evil male PC in mind. Three different ‘typecasts’ of PC are more or less maintained through the mod: a sarcastic edwinesque type, a harsh man, and a guy who tries to be reasonably kind. There are also a number of class-specific options for a bard. It is quite tongue-in-cheek, and PC will take a beating from his passionate lover, if he is not up to snuff. Shar-Teel prefers strong, charismatic males, so the stats that affect the romance the most are Constitution, Strength and Charisma. Shar-Teel is not a wimp, so offending her will make her lose interest or worse. But be careful of exhibiting too much sweetness (save it for Aerie)! She will not take mush lightly. Lots of her talks happen at rest, so sleep often if you are in a mood for more evil loving! This romance includes core love-talks, both sequential and reactive to events in the game and flirt-packs, both PC and NPC-initiated. Shar-Teel’s Romance uses the Icewind Dale 1 ‘Starting Song’ as the romance musical theme. ™ Romance Requirements: Charisma: 11 or above Strength: 11 or above Alignments: All evil, Chaotic Neutral and True Neutral Races: All but Halflings Reputation: Has to be below 10 for romance to initiate and continue Special: Some of the talks will only appear if PC was relatively interested in the circumstances of Shar-Teel’s life
nullset
Jini v2.6 has been released.
Austin87
When trying to install a Jini mod (version 2.7), the following message appears and the installation is interrupted:

CODE
ERROR locating resource for 'CHAIN3'
Resource [RH#ISRAJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Jini/Dialogue/RJBFAY1.d]: Failure("resource [RH#ISRAJ.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Stopping installation because of error.

This is due to the fact that I do not have Isra mod installed, and RJBFAY1.d is trying to process the file from this mod.
The same is with the Sirene mod - the file RJBFAY1.d uses the C0SIREN file, which may not be present if the Sirene mod is not installed, and this will lead to an installation error.

tipun from our Russian Arcanecoast Team's forum suggested the following solutions:

1) either transfer dialogs with Isra and Sirenу from RJBFAY1.d into separate d.-files and compile them depending on the availability of these mods
2) either make it so that the dialog does not start:
// Sirene #1 - To Fight or not to Fight

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-10 ~%sirene_false%G("RJFayBanter",1)
Global("RJFASIB1","LOCALS",0)
InParty("C0Sirene")
See("C0Sirene")
!StateCheck("C0Sirene",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN RJFAY1 RJFASIB1
@350 DO ~SetGlobal("RJFayBanter","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("RJFASIB1","LOCALS",1)~
== RJFAY1 @351
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ @352
== RJFAY1 @353 = @354 = @355
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ @356
== RJFAY1 @357
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ @358
== RJFAY1 @359
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ @360
== RJFAY1 @361 = @362
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ @363
== RJFAY1 @364 = @365
END
IF ~~ THEN EXIT

// Isra #1 - To Sack or not to Sack

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-10 ~%isra_false%G("RJFayBanter",1)
InParty("rh#isra")
See("rh#isra")
!StateCheck("rh#isra",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN RJFAY1 RJFAISB1
@400 DO ~SetGlobal("RJFayBanter","GLOBAL",0) SetGlobal("RJFAISB1","LOCALS",1)~
== RJFAY1 @401 = @402
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ @403
== RJFAY1 @404
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ @405
== RJFAY1 @406
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ @407 = @408
== RJFAY1 @409 = @410
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ @411 = @412
== RJFAY1 @413
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ @414
== RJFAY1 @415
END
IF ~~ THEN EXIT

And add the following code to the tp2-file (in ALWAYS block):

Sirene:
CODE
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~C02SIREJ.dlg~ BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT ~sirene_false~ ~~
END ELSE BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT ~sirene_false~ ~False()~
END

Isra:
CODE
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~RH#ISRAJ.dlg~ BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT ~isra_false~ ~~
END ELSE BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT ~isra_false~ ~False()~
END

tipun said that if you do not add the % isra_false% variable and simply remove the replicas via IF_FILE_EXIST, then there may be problems if Isra mod was installed AFTER Jini mod. In this case, the dialog will start, but there will be no Isra's replicas. Therefore, either this option 2 or option 1 can solve the problem.
Austin87
And also tipun found an error in the code, in the RJBFAY1.d file you need to replace this in the Fay-Isra dialogue:
CODE

Replace with this:
CODE
Global("RJFAISB1","LOCALS",0)

Otherwise, the dialogue will repeat itself endlessly.
Austin87
And these files also need to be corrected (otherwise, if the Isra mod or Sirene mod are not installed, the installation is aborted with errors):

RJFAY1.d:
CHAIN IF ~~ THEN RJFAY1 fayflt9.2

== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ IF ~InParty("C0Sirene") G("RJSIROMBG1",0)~ THEN @714
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ IF ~InParty("C0Sirene") G("RJSIROMBG1",1)~ THEN @716
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ IF ~InParty("C0Sirene") G("RJSIROMBG1",2)~ THEN @717
== IF_FILE_EXISTS C0SIRENJ IF ~InParty("C0Sirene") G("RJSIROMBG1",3)~ THEN @719
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ IF ~InParty("rh#isra") G("rh#IsraRomanceCheck",0)~ THEN @714
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ IF ~InParty("rh#isra") G("rh#IsraRomanceCheck",1)~ THEN @706
== IF_FILE_EXISTS RH#ISRAJ IF ~InParty("rh#isra") G("rh#IsraRomanceCheck",2)~ THEN @719

And RJPLAYER.d too (add the command IF_FILE_EXISTS).
Austin87
I sent you in private messages a modified version with these bug fixes and added EET-compatibility from tipun (native - that is, the mod can be installed after installing EET)

Also, at the very beginning of the game, there is periodically a bug with the processing of the Candlkeep location - the result can be seen in the screenshot below, this problem does not arise every time, but several players had it.

tipun said that part of the script interrupts the processing of the AR2600.baf script. Then it is still processed, but not immediately, as it was intended. Most likely, to get rid of this, you just need to add Continue () in this block from AR2600.baf:
CODE
IF
  G("Chapter",0)
  G("Rjali1Met",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    CreateCreature("RJGREG",[1162.671],8)
    CreateCreature("RJALIY",[1212.635],8)
    ActionOverride(Player1,ChangeAIScript("RJPLAYER",OVERRIDE))
    SetGlobal("Rjali1Met","GLOBAL",1)
END

For the initial location script to work normally until the end.
nullset
@Austin87 My apologies for not getting to this sooner. 2020 has been a tough year. The Isra dialogue problem is solved by using WeiDU "ALLOW_MISSING ~RH#ISRAJ.dlg~" in the setup file. I had already done this for Sirene, so she should not have this problem if not installed. Fixed the misspelled Isra variable per your note. Inserted Continue() in that script as you suggested; hope it works because I have never had that error and cannot reproduce it to check. I will release v2.8 today with these mods.

I cannot justifiably update the Jini mod with your EET adjustments because I do not have EET and cannot test it myself. If you wish to set up your own branch (Jini-EET as you call it), by all means do so with my blessing.
Austin87
Thanks for the answer! About EET - our Arcanecoast Team tested the work of the mod on EET with these changes and no more errors were found. It works on both standard BG1EE and EET. You can compare versions through WinMerge and see all the edits we made. We would not like to make parallel versions if there is one that works on all versions of the game. But if you are against the update, we will respect your decision. Thanks again!
nullset
QUOTE(Austin87 @ Nov 12 2020, 11:33 AM) *
Thanks for the answer! About EET - our Arcanecoast Team tested the work of the mod on EET with these changes and no more errors were found. It works on both standard BG1EE and EET. You can compare versions through WinMerge and see all the edits we made. We would not like to make parallel versions if there is one that works on all versions of the game. But if you are against the update, we will respect your decision. Thanks again!

OK. I'll make the changes (v3.0) and release it after I get a clean run through. Gonna take a while, but I'll get there.
Austin87
Thank you very much and thank you for the wonderful mod! We plan to translate it into Russian, too, when we finish the translation of Rjali mod, which is now in progress!
nullset
QUOTE(Austin87 @ Nov 12 2020, 05:26 PM) *
Thank you very much and thank you for the wonderful mod! We plan to translate it into Russian, too, when we finish the translation of Rjali mod, which is now in progress!

спаси́бо!
nullset
Just putting v3.0 up, with EET compatibility.
my very bad english
Currently playing v.3.0 of this mod which is installed in the upper half of my big SoD install so reinstallation is out of question for now. Many bugs in it, for example Gregore at the beginning refers to even female PC as a boy, Jini pops up from her lamp several times before I even reached site of Gorion's murder and my first successful try to remove smudge on the lamp ( tried couple of times before in prologue without success ). But the most serious bug is hanging of "StartCutScene("RJRESRET")" cutscene after Jini's rescue ( entered dream on my first rest near Gorion's body, don't know if it is triggered too early ) trapping player at the resting site upon return. My solution was to delete that cutscene in the RJPLAYER dialogue and to teleport back via console. I hope there are no more surprises like this, I hate broken cutscenes with passion.
my very bad english
Little update on the above post. Problem with the said cutscene was very likely caused by the mod CDLore from the G3. Seems that mod is the bad news for big megamod installs, interfere with the Rest button and cause hanging of Cutscenes which include Rest function.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.