Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installation Problem
aphantasm
post Mar 26 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #21

Forum Member

Wow responding to post that is a year and a half old. I no longer even have the Azure mod.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Baronius
post Mar 26 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #22

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Perhaps the problem's solution interests others as well tongue.gif

Wow responding to post that is a year and a half old. I no longer even have the Azure mod.

Glad to see that you still visit its forum though smile.gif

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
aphantasm
post Mar 26 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #23

Forum Member

Actually I don't visit the forum. I had forgotten it even existed till the board emailed me about a response to this thread.

Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 24 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #24

Forum Member

i know this is a very old form but i'm just finding these mods, i loved BG2 when i played it in the past and love druids, and would like to get this mod to work but i get the error message

Error: can not find Dialog.TLK in Dialog.TLK

can some one please help

Quote Post
Hoppy
post Mar 25 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Gold Member

Do you have the rar or zip archive extracted into the BGII folder?

--------------------
“May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.” - Voltaire

Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 28 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #26

Forum Member

i have the zip in the directory and and i extracted it their I'm using the setup-Azure.exe file is that the rar one?

i just made a new character and found that i have the naturals ally class that i don't remember seeing before but I'm not seeing her in the grove on an old save game dose it have to be a new one?

Quote Post
Valiant
post Mar 29 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #27

3ds Max Mage
Group Icon

Mod Developer

It´s simple - just extract all content that comes from Azure.zip into main Baldur´s Gate 2 folder. Then you´ll get one folder named Azure (with big A smile.gif) and the file Setup-Azure.exe. Those two MUST be placed in main game folder, not in some subfolder!!! And finally run Setup-Azure.exe file, command-line window will appear and from this moment just follow the instructions on the screen. I have just tested it and it works like a charm...

Good luck!!

EDIT: You won´t see her, if you´re using old savegame. Also you must be in Chapter 2 or 3 in order to meet her, even if you start a new game... And the nature ally class is added by Azure mod I believe...

This post has been edited by Valiant: Mar 29 2010, 01:15 PM

--------------------
Valiant

Tower Of Deception creator.

Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 30 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #28

Forum Member

OK if i have the class it might be working, its a cool looking class but I like shape shifting so I did not use it for my druid. I'll play the druid a bit and see, i had the Folder Azure is the main directory and the 2 things in that but if i don't find her on this new game I'll put them right into the directory not under the Azure folder, thanks for the help

Quote Post
Seeker
post Mar 31 2010, 05:46 AM
Post #29

Forum Member

this is so frustrating of all the mods i found this is one i want to use the most and its the only one i can't install

i did what you said put them but thin the main directory and it got past the other error it fully installs the druid kit then asks if i want to install the NPC i hit i for install and it run and then gives me new errors

Parse Error at line 258 colum 8-167

and it stops the install and uninstalls it all

Quote Post
Chaplain
post Apr 1 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #30

Forum Member

Have a look at this post smile.gif (from this thread)

Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 1 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #31

Forum Member

Thank you for all you help and patience, it tells me it's successfully installed but Ive walk all over the grove and dose see her on a new game a made after I'm i missing some thing or where is she found in the grove

Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 5 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #32

Forum Member

I'm still not finding her in the grove, and don't know if it is still an installation problem or if she their and I'm just lost and blind, if every thing is right where is she in the grove?

Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 5 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #33

Forum Member

Ok, mod works i was playing my pal and and my sroc and she poped up but not when she is said too.

"She can be found in the Druid Grove area, but only if you are currently in Chapters 2 or 3 (from BETA v3 on). That means that if you left for Brynnlaw before taking her into the party, she'll be gone."

both pal and sroc had come back from spell hold and past chapter 3 and according to the read me she should not be their but she is and my druid is in chapter to before spell hold and she is not their, very odd but the mod is working juts have to figure out why its working oddly. i will investigate that more but it is working thanks for the help

Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 5 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #34

Forum Member

i did some experimenting and it seem you have to be in chapter 3 or later do get her

Quote Post
Valiant
post Apr 6 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #35

3ds Max Mage
Group Icon

Mod Developer

Glad it works. Not exactly like it should, but still...smile.gif

EDIT: I was doing my own research, too. And found the problem in a script that is appending AR1900 area script during instalation. Balduran forgot to correct the triggers.
If you take a look on the script named ar1900.baf (located in Azure/are/ folder in main game directory, open the file with e.g. NOTEPAD), you´ll find this:

CODE
IF
Global("AzureExists","AR1900",0)
Global("AzureFound","GLOBAL",0)
OR(2)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)

THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AzureExists","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("azure",[4935,1991],1)
END

(second block is not important...)

...but it should look like this:

CODE
IF
Global("AzureExists","AR1900",0)
Global("AzureFound","GLOBAL",0)
OR(2)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",2)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)

THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("AzureExists","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("azure",[4935,1991],1)
END

(second block is not important...)

GlobalGT means that the variable MUST be greater than the value specified to be true (...in other words, Azure will pop up only if you´re currently in Chapter 3 or 4...). Global will correct this. So only thing you have to do is to uninstall the mod, change this two "words" in this particular file from Global GT to Global (...delete GT... biggrin.gif ), save it, and install it again. Then it will work as it was originally intended (Azure will pop up in Chapter 2 or 3)....

Hope now you understand this... blink.gif

This post has been edited by Valiant: Apr 6 2010, 09:26 AM

--------------------
Valiant

Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 6 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #36

Forum Member

ok that makes sense, the only hard part is finding it in the text, it would be better if she showed up in 2 but i might just get the 15000 pay the guy to get into chapter 3 then go about other stuff before going back to him, but thanks for telling saying how to fix it if i want too

Quote Post
Valiant
post Apr 7 2010, 07:06 AM
Post #37

3ds Max Mage
Group Icon

Mod Developer

...find it in what text??... blink.gif you mean mod readme??... of course it isn´t there, because it´s a bug... biggrin.gif

If you didn´t mean the readme file, then I don´t know what text you are talking about.... cool.gif

And I guess you should fix it in your local instalation. Otherwise you will loose the whole Chapter 2 you could have spend with Azure... wink.gif

--------------------
Valiant

Quote Post
Seeker
post Apr 12 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #38

Forum Member

i thought it would be a long file i would have to look through i fixed that, this mod is still frustrating me though as much as i love druids and want to try having my druid and a romance with a druid other then jaheria, i feel that is weird and wrong she just lost her husband and she was like an aunt to you helping to raise you in the first one and now you start a romance with her, nooo, the story and character for this romancable druid is great but its just so full with flaws still i don't know how much more trouble this is worth i keep running into more and more problems, i don't know if this has to do with the install or not but when i have her in my party and we go to the dreams the game locks up and kicks me out when coming back out of the dreams, i worked around that for now with getting her after the first 3 dreams are over but after i have shero the wolf i can't rest, if hes in the party and i try to rest the whole game kicks me out to desktop.

Quote Post
ericp
post Jul 12 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #39

Forum Member

Hello,

Sorry if this is a "necro-post" but it's relevant to the Azure mod, and concerns an install failure I haven't encountered in the past, nor has it been reported to the forum. This relates to Sharo's area-jumping script. Under Mac OS X, installing with Weidu 218 (weidu-mac), I get an error with the line in the .tp2 that says:

CODE
EXTEND_TOP_REGEXP ~ar[0-6].*bcs~ ~azure/append/sharojmp.baf~

The kit installs just fine, but the NPC does not, with the line as it is.

The error mentions that AR0500-BCS is not found in chitin.key, which makes sense to me, as the area file referenced should be AR0500.BCS. I haven't found how to correct this, but if I comment the line out in the .tp2, the mod installs successfully. As I'm a beginner as a modder, I've been unable to identify and correct the problem. My suspicion is that ~ar[0-6].*bcs~ should be coded differently, but I don't know how it would be changed, if at all, or if the real problem lies in another file somewhere.

If anyone knows how to solve this, I'd be most grateful for assistance, as I'd like the mod to function as intended. As it is, I'll be able to play with the mod in-game, but I'm concerned that Sharo won't behave as he should without a solution to this.

Thanks,
Eric

--------------------
Apprentice modder
Working and playing under Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger on a hot-rodded PPC G4 Quicksilver Mac.
~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.

Quote Post
munchkin
post Aug 5 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #40

Forum Member

hi.
I'm quite looking forward to playing this mod but I've encountered a problem when i get azure. she can't equip anything at all except ammo and everytime i rest the game crashes to desktop. this only happened once i got azure. i thought that if i get sharo the problems would be fixed but it didn't make a difference. i tried travelling to outside of the druid grove but still the same problems. any advice? I don't want to have to get rid of her.

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 05:40 PM