Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BG2 GUI Skin Mod, Problems with Installation
diana
post Apr 1 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #21

Forum Member

I didn't see anything in DLTCEP for the CHUI files to bring the font back to the original BG2.

However, I have experienced this bug. I cannot delete a save game. The program hangs. I can load autosave, quicksave, load any save games but I cannot delete a saved game.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Vlasák
post Apr 1 2005, 05:59 AM
Post #22

Mathematical poet

Retired team member

diana: dou you mean that you've not found .chu editor? This would point to some old version of DLTCEP then. Check the new version.

If you found .chu editor and you've been lost in it... you must know what file you should have to edit and what window in it. Then you just select the appropriate object (probably textarea) and set its properties.

Maybe Chevar will tell what file is neccessary to edit for dialog window...

--------------------
Baldur's Gate II add-on CZ - TC from Dalelands
http://addoncz.gamestar.cz

English forums are opened!

Quote Post
diana
post Apr 1 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #23

Forum Member

Thanks.

I have a pretty recent version of DLTCEP since I downloaded a new one within the past two months.

I looked at all the .CHU files in my override directory. All, except for one, did not have any button that looked like it set font properties. The one file that did, referred to something like a REALMS BAM, whatever a BAM is. I could try setting that back to NORMAL and see what happens.

Thing is, I don't know what the MOS and CHU files do.

Quote Post
Awake
post Apr 1 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #24

The Raven
Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(diana @ Apr 1 2005, 05:49 AM)
Thanks.

I have a pretty recent version of DLTCEP since I downloaded a new one within the past two months.

Well...it's probably not that recent then, since it gets updated so frequently, but it should be good enough..

I looked at all the .CHU files in my override directory.  All, except for one, did not have any button that looked like it set font properties.  The one file that did, referred to something like a REALMS BAM, whatever a BAM is.  I could try setting that back to NORMAL and see what happens.

Thing is, I don't know what the MOS and CHU files do.
a bam is an animation file and fonts are stored under these.

MOS files are the images such as the inventory screen, etc. Without the buttons.

CHU files set where each font, button, etc. goes on the screen.

QUOTE(Chevar)
I'm going to have to upload a good version after my DSL gets installed on the 11th.

Oh, quit it with the wishful thinking already! tongue.gif

--------------------
And can we finally say that the bhaal spawn idea has had the final nail hammered in its coffin?

Member of the World Transition Project

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives

Quote Post
Vlasák
post Apr 2 2005, 11:24 AM
Post #25

Mathematical poet

Retired team member

QUOTE(diana @ Apr 1 2005, 02:49 PM)
I looked at all the .CHU files in my override directory. All, except for one, did not have any button that looked like it set font properties. The one file that did, referred to something like a REALMS BAM, whatever a BAM is. I could try setting that back to NORMAL and see what happens.

diana: each .chu file has some number of windows and each window has some number of controls (objects) and each object has different pallete of properties.

The object essential for you is the textarea (I supposse) and textarea has font type as one of its properties.

However, you must know in which file and in which window you can set the textarea's properties. I don't know neither the proper window id nor proper .chu file and sorry, not enough time to browse through them unsure.gif

However, I'd try to browse GUIW files (there are different versions of them for different game resolutions) - some window inside them could be the dialog area.

--------------------

Quote Post
diana
post Apr 2 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #26

Forum Member

I'll live with it -- I took a look at what it was like before I downloaded the GUIskins and the type font wasn't all that much different - still a serif font.

But I do have one bug - I don't know if Chevar corrected it in a latter version since I'm working off what he had on the mirror site. The official download does not have all the files I got from the mirror. Anyhow. I cannot delete a save game with the new skins loaded. The program hangs. So, I just go to Windows Explorer, access the save game directory and delete the subfolder for the game I no longer need.

Another thing I notice from the early mirror files - if an NPC is out of range to pass something to, or their inventory is full, I don't get an error message. But the trade-off is worth it as I can figure out what is going on.

Quote Post
Vlasák
post Apr 3 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #27

Mathematical poet

Retired team member

diana: for the font change - you can try to move off from override folder GUIWxx.chu files (if you have any in override) and check whether it has any response in game. If there will be no sign of any change put the moved files back and try the same with normal.bam file...

Just an idea - i can't promise whether it will work...

the answers for the remaining questions are up Chevar... happy.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
diana
post Jun 29 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

There is still one major problem with this GUI skin. When you want to delete a saved game the module freezes. I don't know how hard/easy it would be to correct but it would be appreciated.

I tell you, combined with Lightspeeds & Moinesse's work this is a beaut!!!!

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Aug 29 2005, 03:17 PM
Post #29

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

from the old server we just got back the original version of the gui and it should be ready for download sometime soon.

This post has been edited by Sir-Kill: Aug 29 2005, 03:18 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
dragon_lord
post Aug 30 2005, 04:51 AM
Post #30

The original one

Retired team member

The restored version from the old server is up now, so no more corrupted version. Although it still has the problem of crashing when deleting save games until someone fixes it.

--------------------
Maintainer of the Dragon's Hoard Download Center
Member of the World Transition Project
The Items Mart - A comprehensive guide to item locations with maps for BG2
Portrait City - The largest collection of portraits for BG2 on the net.

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 02:31 PM