Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mod/Web Updates
Echon
post Aug 20 2004, 09:07 PM
Post #21

Forum Member

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Aug 20 2004, 06:17 PM)
Ghoul Touch is now a deadly spell, as it supposed to be. It not only affects humanoids with a paralyzing touch, but also a filthy stench of carrion shall envelop the touched humanoids, making everyone within 10 feet attempt a saving throw vs. death or have a -2 penalty on attack rolls.

It is actually a bit odd that they decided to add the carrion stench to this spell since that is one of the characteristics of the ghasts, and not the ghouls.

-Echon

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 21 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Mod Developer

One can always rename the spell to 'ghast touch'. wink.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 23 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Mod Developer

8-23-04

This should really be yesterday's update, but I am posting it now due to time constraints.

So far, I converted all levels 1-3 (and some level 4) wizard spells for a more closer representation to their P&P counterparts. I introduced a few new spells, namely Icelance, Gedlee's Electric Loop, Blink, and some others.

My personal favourite is Blink. It lasts for 1 round/level, and makes the caster blink in and out (or teleport) to a random location at a random time every round. It's quite nifty, since you never know when you blink. Even if you just blinked, it doesn't mean you don't blink the next second. I have had my mage have a blink interval of 1 second, and the other time, it was 11 seconds.

Every blinking in and out disrupts your spellcasting (if you were in the middle of the spell) as well as attacks. Of course, other creatures have their attacks and spellcasting disrupted as well if they were targetting the caster while he blinked in and out.

-------
You should note that I won't be working as much on the mod as I did this previous week anytime soon, hence the large amount of work and studying I have to do. I wish myself good luck on that. smile.gif

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Aug 23 2004, 11:16 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 23 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Mod Developer

One last statement I wish to say:

Can someone do me a large favour bymake a conversion of the spell, "Friends" and send it to me? Both the duration and the bonus is random, so that should be kept in mind when making the spell. I really can't do it the next few weeks, hence it's a huge favour for my part. smile.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 25 2004, 12:38 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Mod Developer

This is only a small update, but not from my part. Grog has submitted me the friends spell, so that is taken care of. smile.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Windwalker
post Aug 28 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #26

Black Market Merchant

Retired team member

So, Galactygon, do you think it will take a lot more before the mod is completed? This is one of the most greatly expected mods of the last years, and I would be very very happy to see that happen soon!

-Windwalker

PS: Just asking, not trying to rush you in completing it. smile.gif

--------------------

The Mid-East will become a theater of a war in which the Russians will take place. Much blood will be spilled. The Chinese, with an army of 200 million, will cross the Euphrates and go all the way to Jerusalem. The sign that this event is approaching will be the destruction of the Mosque of Omar, for its destruction will mark the beginning of work by the Jews to rebuild the Temple of Solomon, which was built on the same spot.
Holy Elder Paissios of Agion Oros (+1994)

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 28 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Mod Developer

It really depends on the circumstances. I can finish all the spells with ease (I have all the graphics and such done except for a few... PST cutscene-type spells several which have been de-cutscenized) during this year.

Kits and creatures as well as scripts will take a long time. If I can perhaps arrange for someone to do all the kits for me (or use LoI's kits and alter them), my workload will be cut down by more than half a year. Scripts and creatures will take another few months, as well as the GuI, unless I recieve some help to cut down on my workload. Such as someone making me the .cre files, etc., etc.

I will most likely release a beta (unavailable to the public) with all the spells but without the other features.

I don't know what percentage is done, neither did I know this is an extremely popular mod-in-progress. smile.gif

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Aug 28 2004, 07:15 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 28 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Mod Developer

8-28-04

I finished the spell, 'implosion' with its full P&P incarnation. It's a spell that can be cast once per round for 3 turns. At the end of each round, a constitution check determines whether or not you can cast implosion again. If you fail the check, the spell ends, and you cannot use the implosion ability until you cast the quest level spell again. If succesfull, you can cast implosion during the next round, and you have another constitution check to see whether or not you can continue. Due to engine limitations, I have lifted the restriction of having to use one implosion each round. You can do other actions (although the 3 turns expire, as well as constitution checks keep happening once per round).

Thus, my test character who has 25 in all stats was able to use implosion 30 times, but Aerie failed her 2nd constitution check on the second round, being able to fire off the spell only twice.

The implosion effect itself kills creatures outright with a -4 saving throw penalty. I decided to use my own version for the graphics. The animation is quite ground-shaking as the air closes in on the target, crushing it into chunks.

I have also replaced 'Repulse Undead' with a slightly modified version of 'Undead Ward'.

Chaos has been redone in case I haven't mentioned it earlier.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Aug 28 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #29

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

Is the implosion spell a third imposion spell? or what? ohmy.gif

--------------------

Quote Post
Chev
post Aug 28 2004, 11:02 PM
Post #30

Forum Member

Gal and other Modders,

Look heres the deal, We all want all the mods right NOW!!!!! But we know that this can't be. I think that BG gaming will be around for a year or 3, but people will lose interest if they are waiting for things too long. I have been waiting since first announced at TeamBG. What could you put out in 2 weeks?? Then 3 months?? Then 6 months?? This way we all get new spells to play thought the game again and modders could add them to their mods (I know you have already done spells for modders). Then we could play though again and play new quest with your kits and creatures. I understand that large Quest mods may need to be released as 1 big release to make sence, but with things like this you can release a spells pack, kit pack and other packs as you have stuff ready.

On a personal note will Lost Crossroads be BP and BP/BGT compatible? I am think of the TDD spells and Full kit slots? Make a patch to uninstall some TDD Kits and spells to make your's work.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Chev

This post has been edited by Chev: Aug 29 2004, 02:05 AM

--------------------
I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chevalier

Quote Post
Andyr
post Aug 29 2004, 02:17 AM
Post #31

A fool and a knave

Forum Member

I think Galc originally was going to make this just for TDD/BP.

I too would be in favour of smaller standalone packages, such as the GUI revamp and spell revamp.

--------------------
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods.

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

Quote Post
Windwalker
post Aug 29 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #32

Black Market Merchant

Retired team member

QUOTE(Andyr @ Aug 29 2004, 04:17 AM)
I too would be in favour of smaller standalone packages, such as the GUI revamp and spell revamp.

Personally, I would like to see the cleric kits of LC a standalone package. smile.gif

--------------------

The Mid-East will become a theater of a war in which the Russians will take place. Much blood will be spilled. The Chinese, with an army of 200 million, will cross the Euphrates and go all the way to Jerusalem. The sign that this event is approaching will be the destruction of the Mosque of Omar, for its destruction will mark the beginning of work by the Jews to rebuild the Temple of Solomon, which was built on the same spot.
Holy Elder Paissios of Agion Oros (+1994)

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Aug 30 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Mod Developer

@Mindflayer: Get the Cleric Remix, it should take care of your request. smile.gif

@Others: I have always planned to make several beta releases (non-public from the start) that have this component in, and that component, etc.

As far as I know, only the GuI part will be released seperately in public.

Here's my reasonable excuse: All other components have to stick together. For example, if I try to put the redone spell icons in a seperate release, some spells which are deleted in Lost Crossroads (such as know alignment) will have their old spell icons, thus there will be an ugly mixture of both new and old spell icons. If I try to include the new spells seperately, 2 major errors will happen: The new spell icons that are used by those spells will look ugly next to the existing spells, and creatures using replaced spells in scripts will use them incorrectly. Here's an example: The level 4 spirit armor has been moved to level 3. The level 4 spirit armor slot was replaced by the spell, 'Mordenkainen's Force Missiles'. Now imagine what happens when you have several dozen enemy mages being scripted to cast whatever is in the slot of 'Spirit Armor' on themselves. I also cannot put the P&P monsters in a seperate mod unless you get really messy (like Caedwyr's P&P Celestials mod). And besides, they will use spells present in the Lost Crossroads addition.

Having Kits as a seperate component will also result in the inclusion of spells that will be present in the Spell Revamp part of LC.

Thus, that's why they are betas, not public releases. In the betas, you ignore (in my eyes, at least) a few of these inconsistencies that will eventually be eliminated. The public release comes when either:

a.) I 'mysteriously' disappear for more than one year without saying something. Then you have my permission to take over the project and release any betas. I really don't wish for this mod to befell the fate that did ToiW, and a few (or most) other mods...
b.) I announce when it is time

I am always next to flexibility, but it's not always worth it when you have to sacrifice the quality and harmony of the mod. Hence the 'Compatible Patches' weren't discovered without a good reason. smile.gif

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Chevar
post Sep 2 2004, 01:13 AM
Post #34

The oak's first root

Retired team member

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Aug 19 2004, 09:34 PM)
8-19-04

I have done the load game GuI and the loadbar GuI. I'll post some screenshots in a few days as well as increase the number of screenshots in the hall of shame gallery.

I have put the first level wizard spell, blindness into the second level wizard pool. Glitterdust is also redone, with proper variable durations, lighting, and such.

-Galactygon

Footnote/reminder. there are CHU differences between SOA and TOB that prevent them from being cross compatable with respects to the GUI. I know we talked about this on another forum, but I've had a playtested with TOB verify it. if you don't adjust the CHU the menues will be compatable with both versions.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Sep 2 2004, 02:11 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I have no intentions on making a SoA-only version. It is made for ToB.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Chevar
post Sep 2 2004, 06:00 AM
Post #36

The oak's first root

Retired team member

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Sep 2 2004, 02:11 AM)
I have no intentions on making a SoA-only version. It is made for ToB.

-Galactygon

Oh, thought you might be making one compatable with both. my error.

Quote Post
Chev
post Sep 2 2004, 07:20 AM
Post #37

Forum Member

Who just plays a SoA game? Sure we may not get all the way to ToB, but not have it installed??

--------------------
I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chevalier

Quote Post
Chevar
post Sep 2 2004, 07:40 AM
Post #38

The oak's first root

Retired team member

QUOTE(Chev @ Sep 2 2004, 07:20 AM)
Who just plays a SoA game? Sure we may not get all the way to ToB, but not have it installed??

I haven't been able to find it it a store ANYWHERE... and to answer the next question; yes I lived in the woods for the last two years.

Quote Post
Andyr
post Sep 2 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #39

A fool and a knave

Forum Member

A significant minority don't have ToB, yes.

--------------------
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods.

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Sep 4 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Mod Developer

In case someone is curious, I have attatched my own creation of implosion. smile.gif

You might need DLTCEP, Near Infinity, or Infinity Explorer to view those animations.

BAMW1 and BAMW2 are also fine, but I couldn't find any links to those tools, since TeamBG is down.

It also has a .vvc file (if you wish to use it for modding), as well as a soundfile that I made.

-Galactygon
Attached File(s)
Attached File  LCIMPLH.zip ( 1.48mb ) Number of downloads: 49

--------------------

Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2024 - 05:42 PM