9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rjali Romance, The latest readme
nullset
post Jul 16 2019, 03:27 PM
Post #141

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

@Vilks Found the bug! Strangely, it has nothing to do with Imoen (unless you did not follow my advice on the order of installation of the romance mods). The trouble is that Tashia has an interjection not qualified for her being in the party. This triggers but, since she is not in the party, her dialogue file is not available and the game sequencing goes into limbo.

I will be putting out a fix shortly, but in the meantime do the following. Before going to the final encounter: 1) Send the extra (non-party) lady you have waiting back to the Keep. You do this by inviting her back into the party, then removing her. The resulting conversation gives you the option of sending her back. You're gonna want her in the victory round. 2) Get Horace to bring Tashia back from the Keep, and replace some other party member with her. If you have forgotten how (just clicking the lamp no longer works of course), converse with the lamp as you would with Jini's crystal. Tashia being in the party fixes the bug.

Thank you for finding this bug. I HATE bugs!

--------------------
nullset
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
vilks
post Jul 19 2019, 12:25 PM
Post #142

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Jul 16 2019, 12:27 PM) *
@Vilks Found the bug! Strangely, it has nothing to do with Imoen (unless you did not follow my advice on the order of installation of the romance mods). The trouble is that Tashia has an interjection not qualified for her being in the party. This triggers but, since she is not in the party, her dialogue file is not available and the game sequencing goes into limbo.

I will be putting out a fix shortly, but in the meantime do the following. Before going to the final encounter: 1) Send the extra (non-party) lady you have waiting back to the Keep. You do this by inviting her back into the party, then removing her. The resulting conversation gives you the option of sending her back. You're gonna want her in the victory round. 2) Get Horace to bring Tashia back from the Keep, and replace some other party member with her. If you have forgotten how (just clicking the lamp no longer works of course), converse with the lamp as you would with Jini's crystal. Tashia being in the party fixes the bug.

Thank you for finding this bug. I HATE bugs!

Thank you!
I did followed the instruction, but something weird happened. During the installation, for some reasons after all the mods were installed, Rjali gave an error and wouldn’t install. To try to fix it, I unistalled each mod in the reverse order( starting with Fade) to see which one was stoping Rjali from installing. Turns out it was AmberEET Romance v5.1. After removing that mod, I installed the other that I also had remove(in order) and Rjali end up installing correctly.

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 19 2019, 12:44 PM
Post #143

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(vilks @ Jul 19 2019, 08:25 AM) *
Thank you!
I did followed the instruction, but something weird happened. During the installation, for some reasons after all the mods were installed, Rjali gave an error and wouldn’t install. To try to fix it, I unistalled each mod in the reverse order( starting with Fade) to see which one was stoping Rjali from installing. Turns out it was AmberEET Romance v5.1. After removing that mod, I installed the other that I also had remove(in order) and Rjali end up installing correctly.

The instructions I gave were for playing your game WITHOUT having to reinstall Rjali. However, I also tested my new update (v10.5), and it installed just fine with the AmberEET v5.1 installed. I wonder what was going on there?

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
vilks
post Jul 24 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #144

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Jul 19 2019, 09:44 AM) *
QUOTE(vilks @ Jul 19 2019, 08:25 AM) *
Thank you!

The instructions I gave were for playing your game WITHOUT having to reinstall Rjali. However, I also tested my new update (v10.5), and it installed just fine with the AmberEET v5.1 installed. I wonder what was going on there?

Crap, I did not know I couldn't reinstall.
Do you think that contributed to the bug I found? Because I encountered another similar in the ceremony of the epilogue.
The ceremony proceeds normally, until it says:
(You smile as Sirene approaches you.)
Rjali: 'CharName', do you take Imoen as your wife?
Then the conversation ends and I'm unable to proceed with the sequence.

Do you think I should reinstall the game, then the mods, to see if it fixes?

Quote Post
nullset
post Jul 24 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #145

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Well, the epilogue bug sounds like there is a problem with your installation of Sirene. I know the dialogue has a text bug (reference to the wrong line of text) which will be updated in a later release; but that shouldn't break the game. If I were you, I would reinstall the game, the mods (ALL of the mods, including Amber) and Rjali. I know it is a pain-in-the-ass, but give it a try.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
KronoKinesis
post Jan 17 2020, 03:07 AM
Post #146

Forum Member

Hello, I have just started using this mod. Two questions so far - first, I noticed Rjali has 195 points in "find traps". I don't know why this is, it seems rather redundant, and I was thinking it is possibly due to an interaction with another mod. Or is it supposed to be like that? No problem either way, I'll just use EE Keeper to adjust things which leads me to my next question.

I wanted to use EE Keeper to change Rjali into a Shaman, since I want to test out the new class and her portrait looks like it fits anyway. I never planned on using her as my primary thief so having divine spells and Detect Illusions in the shaman class would let her pretty much fill out the same spot on the team as she otherwise would. Will this cause problems later down the road? Does she need to be a cleric/thief for the mod to work properly, in other words?

Quote Post
nullset
post Jan 17 2020, 01:01 PM
Post #147

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(KronoKinesis @ Jan 16 2020, 10:07 PM) *
Hello, I have just started using this mod. Two questions so far - first, I noticed Rjali has 195 points in "find traps". I don't know why this is, it seems rather redundant, and I was thinking it is possibly due to an interaction with another mod. Or is it supposed to be like that? No problem either way, I'll just use EE Keeper to adjust things which leads me to my next question.

I wanted to use EE Keeper to change Rjali into a Shaman, since I want to test out the new class and her portrait looks like it fits anyway. I never planned on using her as my primary thief so having divine spells and Detect Illusions in the shaman class would let her pretty much fill out the same spot on the team as she otherwise would. Will this cause problems later down the road? Does she need to be a cleric/thief for the mod to work properly, in other words?

You can adjust Rjali pretty much as you wish. The "find traps" setting is probably an artifact of my initial creation, which I have never bothered to change. Two things to note. 1) If she dies, you're screwed. She is the lynchpin of this mod, and virtually everything depends on her being there. That is why I made her undropable. 2) You can play her in any class you like, but all the dialogue is still going to assume that she is a cleric/thief. The dialogue will be silly, but it will not affect the game otherwise. I realize that I could have designed more variability into the mod, but there is only one of me and I am not as quick on my feet as once I was. I just can't handle all the variables.

As an aside, in a few months I will be releasing v11.0. Some fixes and a new addition to the menage, from Sigil-side. Kesai-Serris, if you can imagine. I thought it might be interesting to have Ravel's daughter around.

This post has been edited by nullset: Jan 17 2020, 01:02 PM

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
purged_paper
post Feb 19 2020, 06:50 PM
Post #148

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Jan 17 2020, 02:01 PM) *
As an aside, in a few months I will be releasing v11.0. Some fixes and a new addition to the menage, from Sigil-side. Kesai-Serris, if you can imagine. I thought it might be interesting to have Ravel's daughter around.

Just registered to mention how happy I am that this mod is continuing being developed.

Is the update going to feature "just" another character or will it be adding more interactions and content to other characters?

Quote Post
nullset
post Feb 19 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #149

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(purged_paper @ Feb 19 2020, 01:50 PM) *
Just registered to mention how happy I am that this mod is continuing being developed.

Is the update going to feature "just" another character or will it be adding more interactions and content to other characters?

There will be some but not a lot more content for other characters. I realize that I could do a lot more with banters and such, but that would be a lot of work, and I am currently making changes to not only Rjali but also Jini (BGEE) and my PSTEE mod. I want to be careful not to jam up the game with stuff. Some day...

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Mar 21 2020, 08:00 PM
Post #150

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

Rjali v11.0 has been released.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
zigma9114
post Mar 24 2020, 03:51 AM
Post #151

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Mar 22 2020, 03:00 AM) *
Rjali v11.0 has been released.

Hey, Nullset I know that this is probably has been asked a lot before, but is there any plan to make compatibility with EET?

I know that you utilize EOG as epilogue, but I think some mods like Sandrah Saga also did and can make the mod compatible.

I know that this is a lot of work. Knowing that, if somebody would put effort to make a branch for Rjali that works with EET would you give permission? @nullset

This post has been edited by zigma9114: Mar 24 2020, 05:25 AM

Quote Post
nullset
post Mar 24 2020, 12:26 PM
Post #152

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(zigma9114 @ Mar 23 2020, 11:51 PM) *
I know that this is a lot of work. Knowing that, if somebody would put effort to make a branch for Rjali that works with EET would you give permission? @nullset

Go for it! Keep in mind that the Jini mod for BGEE is the prequel to Rjali in BG2EE. You might consider doing the set.
Q: Are you talking about a completely separate mod setup, or a co-ordinated multiple developer single branch mod? How does this work? Having been a solo developer all these years, I'm not sure I have the tools to play well with others. Willing to give it a shot but, if a two-branch mod is better, I can live with that. Besides, I ain't gettin' any younger; it would be nice to think my baby goes on.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
zigma9114
post Mar 24 2020, 01:13 PM
Post #153

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Mar 24 2020, 07:26 PM) *
QUOTE(zigma9114 @ Mar 23 2020, 11:51 PM) *

Go for it! Keep in mind that the Jini mod for BGEE is the prequel to Rjali in BG2EE. You might consider doing the set.
Q: Are you talking about a completely separate mod setup, or a co-ordinated multiple developer single branch mod? How does this work? Having been a solo developer all these years, I'm not sure I have the tools to play well with others. Willing to give it a shot but, if a two-branch mod is better, I can live with that. Besides, I ain't gettin' any younger; it would be nice to think my baby goes on.

Nice to hear that smile.gif

I can connect people to this forum, especially your approval regarding your permission.

Regarding your question, I think the first step will definitely about making another branch because we need to understand what's compatible (or not) with what in EET and Other Mods. After making some workaround to make thing works, maybe we can get back to you for you to see what's changed how the changes are implemented to work together for the future.

The alternative as you said might be making 2 branches but that requires maintenance on its own.

We will see what will work. But great to hear that you actually give permission for this biggrin.gif I'll be informing you if there is development.

Quote Post
nullset
post Mar 24 2020, 02:26 PM
Post #154

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(zigma9114 @ Mar 24 2020, 09:13 AM) *
But great to hear that you actually give permission for this biggrin.gif I'll be informing you if there is development.

Not that my permision was really necessary, having myself "borrowed" so much code from other mods. Yes, please let me know how it goes, especially where the new development (if any) is to take place. I would definitely like to keep up with what is going on. I promise to keep my pink pattie-paws out of the soup! Unless asked, in which case "Look out, Brother!" I recommend you go about your business and ignore moi.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
zigma9114
post Mar 24 2020, 04:37 PM
Post #155

Forum Member

QUOTE(nullset @ Mar 24 2020, 09:26 PM) *
QUOTE(zigma9114 @ Mar 24 2020, 09:13 AM) *
But great to hear that you actually give permission for this biggrin.gif I'll be informing you if there is development.

Not that my permision was really necessary, having myself "borrowed" so much code from other mods. Yes, please let me know how it goes, especially where the new development (if any) is to take place. I would definitely like to keep up with what is going on. I promise to keep my pink pattie-paws out of the soup! Unless asked, in which case "Look out, Brother!" I recommend you go about your business and ignore moi.

One of the guys in other forum said that it might be a good idea for you to put your mod into GitHub. Basically its open repertoire where people can make change suggestion to the mod:

It may be helpful if the mod would be transferred to github. This would allow some interested modders to provide change requests (called pull requests) to the author who can then look at them and accept/integrate them.

I can help with spreading the word around to other BG communities if you can set the mod up (the loose files, not the archive) in Git-Hub.

Quote Post
nullset
post Mar 24 2020, 05:10 PM
Post #156

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(zigma9114 @ Mar 24 2020, 12:37 PM) *
It may be helpful if the mod would be transferred to github. This would allow some interested modders to provide change requests (called pull requests) to the author who can then look at them and accept/integrate them.

I can help with spreading the word around to other BG communities if you can set the mod up (the loose files, not the archive) in Git-Hub.

I don't know enough about EET to be of much use in this project. I would prefer if another developer grabbed the mod and set up his own project. I would be available for consultation if required, but this is really a job for a younger and more ambitious modder. Any users who have change requests to the original mod can get me here on BWL. And, frankly, github confuses the shit out of me. Getting old here, and the brain cells are dying!

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Abdelan
post Apr 16 2020, 02:50 PM
Post #157

Forum Member

Strange...it says ver 11.2 is available but when I download I get ver 11.1 instead.

Quote Post
nullset
post Apr 16 2020, 03:39 PM
Post #158

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

QUOTE(Abdelan @ Apr 16 2020, 10:50 AM) *
Strange...it says ver 11.2 is available but when I download I get ver 11.1 instead.

The readme in this forum is posted in advance of the mod update being enterred in the Dragon's Hoard. Baronius is busy getting his new game up and running, so it might be a while. Should be soon. The only change was a fix to Nalia which should be rarely needed.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
nullset
post Aug 2 2020, 02:08 AM
Post #159

Master of Paradox

Forum Member

v11.3 is out. I found a nasty bug in the Isra, Sirene, and Tashia parking.

--------------------
nullset

Quote Post
Abdelan
post Aug 2 2020, 02:29 PM
Post #160

Forum Member

It looks like it still needs to get approval as only version 11.2 can be downloaded. sad.gif

Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2024 - 09:28 PM