The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Announcing Game Over Only on Party Dead, A MiniMod for BG2, (Easy)TuTu and BGT
Salk
post Apr 5 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #21

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

QUOTE(Vlad @ Mar 28 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Salk, you could go further and add the feature of replacing the protagonist with any NPC from the party. This is my old code which I sometimes used in the cutscenes.

Interesting. Still, I am reluctant to deviate from the path I set because I'd like the protagonist to be always identifiable with CHARNAME.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
wigzynz
post Jun 7 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #22

Forum Member

I have had one problem that I'm tring to sort through. Has anyone had a problem of this mod causing a crash to desktop when the party dies & if so has anyone been able to correct it? Cheers. ph34r.gif

Quote Post
Salk
post Jun 14 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #23

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Hello wigzynz!

It's the first time such a report ever appeared. Would you add your WeiDu log, please?

Quote Post
Piqueri
post Apr 6 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #24

Forum Member

Hello. I love the idea of this mod. Howeber it many times dont work allrigth.

When my party dies often the game crash and a message apear: An assertion failed at ChVideo.cpp in line number 7166.

In the Irenicus dungeon all my party died and Imoen run to the ground but the dead video or the message of failure didnt appear: Nothing happened. The character lies in the ground whit the company of many enemys seeing his agony. xD

Other times, when the protagonist is "dying"... I mean fainting, and an enemy is passing near him he attacks the enemy (if his ia script is activated) interrupting his falling to the ground, but since he is in that state of "character incontrollable" whit that blue square in his portrait, he stop the attack and stays in that way of "waiting for the battle to stop" but incorporated. This also happen whe the character is confused. He stays incorporated.

I think the animation of the protagonist falling has to be ininterruptable, but I dont know if this is possible.

If I see more failures I'll report here, I think. The lack of readme of the mod is strange too. But many thaks for this mod, I think it's awesome already. smile.gif

Salu2.

Quote Post
Salk
post Apr 30 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #25

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Thanks for your feedback. thumb.gif

I contacted the coder asking him to take a look at those issues and see if there is something that can be done on our part.

Quote Post
ALIEN
post Aug 13 2013, 06:58 PM
Post #26

Forum Member

I have face another bug: when fighting Centeol (fat spider-queen), my main character died, when i get to the point that Centeol initiate her dialog, she move directly to my party. And because of that, I was able to search her 2 times and get all items twice, including Cerlak body:

This post has been edited by ALIENQuake: Aug 17 2013, 04:30 PM

--------------------
You cannot have progress without committing changes... A Basic Modder's Guide to Git and Github

Quote Post
Salk
post Aug 16 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #27

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Thanks for reporting this bug.

The mod's coder is and has been extremely busy and could not help me in tracking the one before this too but I will see if he can spare some time to help me fix these issues for the next version.

Quote Post
Salk
post Aug 17 2013, 06:48 AM
Post #28

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

QUOTE(Piqueri @ Apr 6 2013, 03:29 PM) *
When my party dies often the game crash and a message apear: An assertion failed at ChVideo.cpp in line number 7166.

Piqueri,

have you enabled 3D acceleration? It seems that having it off causes that kind of crash.

In the Irenicus dungeon all my party died and Imoen run to the ground but the dead video or the message of failure didnt appear: Nothing happened. The character lies in the ground whit the company of many enemys seeing his agony. xD

There might be a fix for this coming soonish.

This post has been edited by Salk: Aug 17 2013, 06:53 AM

Quote Post
Itomon
post Nov 2 2013, 02:41 AM
Post #29

Forum Member

Does it work with BGEE?

Quote Post
Salk
post Nov 30 2013, 10:00 PM
Post #30

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Sorry for the late reply, Itomon.

At the moment, the mod is not compatible with BG:EE or BG2:EE. The coder is busy with other projects but I believe this mod will be eventually made compatible. No ETA though.

Quote Post
Salk
post Aug 21 2015, 01:41 PM
Post #31

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

There will be soon a new version of this mod with quite a number of corrections/improvements.

Quote Post
Salk
post Nov 2 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #32

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Hello to whoever may pass by.

Contrary to what I hoped, this modification no longer can count on the support of the original coder.

I have tried to fix a number of small problems I encountered myself when testing but I did not have the necessary time and motivation to port this modification to the EE engine (to some people's joy).

I am going to upload a new version (1.7) that includes those changes, hoping it'll still be a marginal improvement.

I will do it once I get a few people to help with the translations (french, russian, german and spanish).

Cheers! thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Salk: Nov 2 2017, 03:48 PM

Quote Post
Salk
post Jan 21 2018, 06:25 AM
Post #33

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Game Over only on Party Dead v1.7 released!

Change log:

- Version 1.4: Updated ToBEx to v26
Immunization against slaying effect
Tweaked Shaol encounter to avoid her killing the protagonist via dialogue
Made the safeguard for transition to unconscious state more robust
Incorporated Polytweak's Pnp Mind Flayer Attacks

- Version 1.45: Improvements to the dying script
Partial solution against Aec'Letec's game over by death gaze on the protagonist

- Version 1.5: Few changes to the awakening script
Game over only on Party Dead will no longer interfere with the regular execution of the petrification fix
Game over due to the protagonist leveldrained to death is now much less likely (but still possible, sorry)

- Version 1.55: Attempt to fix a bug where the knocked out protagonist would stand instead of staying on the ground

- Version 1.6: Improved compatibility with WTP Familiars

- Version 1.7: Further compatibility with WTP Familiars
Minor code changes

This post has been edited by Salk: Jan 21 2018, 06:30 AM

Quote Post
zelazko
post Dec 29 2018, 09:03 PM
Post #34

Forum Member

I fixed baf scripts so the mod can work properly for 10pp mod for GemRB. 10pp mod lets you have 10 NPCs in your party instead of standard 6.
The mod still worked for GemRB but your game would end whenever 5 NPCs would die even if you had more than 6 NPCs the game would end.

These scripts shouldn't be used when running BG on vanilla engine or EE. There is no point of having them when installing as they might break something since vanilla engine only supports 6 objects.

I attached fixed scripts for 10pp mod for GemRB and upload them to github as well as backup in case of site outrages.

https://github.com/cygarniczka/Game-Over-On...0pp-mod---GemRB

This post has been edited by zelazko: Dec 29 2018, 11:22 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  _gplayer.baf ( 6.05k ) Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  _gshoal.baf ( 1.96k ) Number of downloads: 1

Quote Post
Salk
post May 8 2019, 03:44 AM
Post #35

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Hello!

This modification was made for a game that doesn't tweak the number of available slots for party members. At that time, playing with more than 6 party members was not possible. Nice to see it still works fine with 7+ party members with little adjustments.

Cheers!

Quote Post
Salk
post Jun 15 2021, 07:21 PM
Post #36

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Game Over Only On Party Dead is updated to version 1.8.

Change log:

- Fixed issue with the modification not installing correctly on Baldur's Gate 2
- Added two important compatibility warnings in the Read Me file

Quote Post
DrAzTiK
post Mar 31 2024, 07:00 PM
Post #37

Forum Member

Hi Salk,

Is there any hope to get your little gem one day compatible with EE ? rolleyes.gif

Quote Post
zelazko
post May 9 2024, 05:22 AM
Post #38

Forum Member

What's inside the EE that makes this mod incompatible? Or is it just that this mod was never tested on any EE games?

Quote Post
Salk
post Jul 1 2024, 07:11 PM
Post #39

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Hello!

Sorry about the delay of my answers.

DrAzTiK,

I wish I could tell you that you'll be able to play Game Over Only on Party Dead on EE sometimes soon, but it'd be a lie. For one thing, the EE comes with its own "story mode" (from what I understand) and I think there is some modder that was trying (or possibly already succeeded) to do what my modification does, more or less. On top of that, I've no interest in porting my mods to the EE. I only play the classic version via BGT and I've not even played that for over 10 years. Sorry.

zelazko,

I don't think there is any technical problem in porting my mod to the EE engine at all. It's just a matter of convenience.

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 08:23 PM