The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ever try a "minimum stats" game?
Klorox
post Dec 3 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

I'm thinking of giving a 4 man, self created minimum stats party a try. I'll bump the minimum STR score to 6, just so I can carry some crap around though.

You play by starting with the minimum stats for each class/race combo. Dual classing is pretty much impossible in a game like this.

Anyway, here's the party I'm considering. I'm hoping to start in the next day or two, so any input is greatly appreciated. BTW, I will be using the Tomes and stat-increasing stuff I can find.

Character 1:
NG Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger
S13 D13 C14 I4 W14 Ch3

Character 2:
CN Halfling Fighter/Thief
S9 D9 C8(?) I6 W3 Ch3

Character 3:
NG Half-Elf Bard (Blade kit)
S6 D12 C6 I13 W3 Ch15

Character 4:
CG Elf Sorcerer (protagonist)
S6 D7 C6 I9 W3 Ch9

I was considering making the Blade the protagonist for the bonus HP from a familiar, as well as end-SoA stat bonuses, but I like to play without reloading, and having a character that seeks out melee combat doesn't mix well with a no-reloads game. A back-row character is best suited for that role. The Blade makes a great talker and will make all of the purchases for the party.

Character 2 could be a Dwarf or even a Gnome if the stats work out better that way.

Character 1 is a great combo as everybody knows. I'll get all Cleric and Druid spells, and with a very high minimum stat base, I'll actually be able to wear a decent amount of armor, as well as get a few bonus spells. She's the closest thing to a tank (unbuffed anyway) this party has.

The protagonist is a Sorcerer, which is, IMHO, the most powerful class in the game. And since they're really not reliant on stats, it's a great character for this type of game.

I like that 3 of the 4 characters (when properly buffed) make very good fighters. I think I actually have a decent chance with this party, as long as I play my cards right.

--------------------
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Your ass will be laminated
-Dyslexia of Borg

Haikus are easy
But they don't always make sense
Refrigerator
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th October 2024 - 05:20 AM