The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Golden Pantaloons
Takara
post Dec 3 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Turnip Hunter

Forum Member

This is a spin off of my Easter egg topic, and felt it was an interesting little discussion point.

Now, everyone I've met sees the golden pantaloons as part of the BMU easter egg. It was a useless item that was taken onboard for the subsequent sequel. I have experience that differs from this. The pantaloons were without a 'use'... yes. However that isnt to say they didnt have a character interaction. And no, I dont meam selling them back to the nobleman.

In the city of Baldur's gate, in the upstairs of an inn, The Splurgeon Sturgeon iirc, there is a man. When you talk to him the dialogue is like talking to the Seer in the blade and stars. It doesnt make much sense. He says things like: "Are you him?" and "Do you have them?". You have to answer his questions in a typically secret code fashion. At the end of the dialogue, if you follow it correctly, he will surmise that you haven't a clue what you are talking about, and that you are not his contact. Then, he will steal the golden pantaloons off you, and as he thanks you for fetching them, he will take off.

Has anybody else come accross this? I found it quite surprising when I did, given that I felt the pantaloons werent actually involved at all in BG.

This post has been edited by Takara: Dec 3 2004, 07:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2024 - 10:25 AM